CEPT stands for Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, an university located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. CEPT University conducts an entrance examination known as CEPT Entrance Exam in order to shortlist candidates for admission into various UG and PG courses offered by it. These courses belong tot the field of Architecture, Planning, Technology, Design, Management, etc. To know more about CEPT Entrance Exam 2021, read the article given below
- What is CEPT Entrance Exam?
- CEPT Entrance Exam Date
- CEPT 2021 Eligibility
- CEPT Application Form 2021
- CEPT Entrance Exam Pattern
- CEPT 2021 Admit Card
- CEPT 2021 Result
- CEPT 2021 Counselling
- CEPT Admission 2021
- Contact Details
What is CEPT Entrance Exam 2021?
- About CEPT Entrance Exam: CEPT Entrance Exam is a National Level Entrance Exam conducted by Center for Environment Planning and Technology University (CEPTU) for admission into various 5-year undergraduate and 2-year postgraduate courses in designing, planning, and construction.
- About CEPT University: CEPT University (CEPTU) was established in the year 1962 as Faculty of Architecture and later known as Center for Environment Planning and Technology, has been recognized by UGC as CEPT University in 2007. The Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) of the Government of India recognizes the University as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO)
- Level: CEPT Entrance Exam is a National Level Entrance Exam which is conducted once a year.
- Exam Date: CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 for PG will be conducted from May 18, 2021 to May 20, 2021 offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT).
- Exam Centre: Students should note that for all Programmes, the Test would be conducted at CEPT University Campus & other locations, which will be intimated to you through your registered email Id and by SMS to the registered mobile number.
- Courses Offered: Through CEPT Entrance Exam, the following courses are offered:
- UG - Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Construction Technology, Bachelor of Interior Design, Bachelor of Urban Design, Bachelor of Design (Building Products and Systems/Furniture).
- PG - M Arch in Architectural Design, M.Arch/ MA (Conservation and Regeneration, Architectural History and Theory), Master of (Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Transport Systems, Urban Infrastructure, Urban Housing, Urban Design, Urban Management), Master of Technology in Construction Engineering & Management, Structural Engineering Design, Geomatics, Building Energy Performance, Master of Design (Interior Design, Furniture Design, Building Products and Systems), International Master of Interior Architectural Design.
- Fee Structure: The course fee for PG programmes per semester is INR 1,89,000/- and it is INR 1,51,000/- for all the UG courses.
CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Highlights
The below table displays the CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Highlights. Candidates can a have a look at it for their reference.
|Exam Name||CEPT Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||CEPT University (CEPTU)|
|Category||Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG)|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Duration||3 hours i.e. 180 minutes|
|Helpdesk||[email protected] 1800-270-4030|
CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Exam Date
- Registration: The Application Form will be available on the official website from January 15, 2021 and the last date to apply will be on March 14, 2021.
- Examination: CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) from May 18, 2021 to May 20, 2021.
- CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks on June 8, 2021.
The following table can be refered by the candidates to be aware about the CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Important Dates.
|Important Events/ Schedules||Exam Dates for PG||Exam Dates for UG|
|CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form Start Date||January 15, 2021||June, 2021|
|CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form Last Date||March 14, 2021||2nd Week of July, 2021|
|CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card Availability||April, 2021||2nd Week of July, 2021|
|CEPT Entrance Exam Date 2021||May 18, 2021 to May 20, 2021||3rd and 5th Week of July, 2021|
|CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Results Date||June 8, 2021||October 15, 2021 (Merit List)|
Note: The dates provided are tentative and will be subjected to changes in the future. Check this page regularly for future updates.
CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To take up any exam there are minimum eligibility criteria defined by the conducting authority. In this regard, there are some criteria laid down for CEPT Entrance Exam 2021. Aspiring candidates must fulfil the criteria to attempt this entrance exam. The CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility varies for candidates aspiring for UG and PG programmes. The minimum criteria revolve around Educational qualification, age limit and domicile details of the candidate. All details regarding CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below.
Education for UG
- Qualifying: For the students seeking admission for UG courses, you must have passed Standard XII (10+2) or Diploma 10+3 or its equivalent Examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects with a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks from State Boards, CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB. OR International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum 50% aggregate marks and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
- Mandatory: Along with the above criteria, students will have to meet the minimum qualifying marks for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) test as per Council of Architecture.
Education for PG
Students seeking admission for PG courses must have passed a Bachelor's Degree or Diploma (4+2) or equivalent, from a university recognized by Council of Architecture, in the relevant stream applied, with a minimum of 55% marks for general category and there will be 5% relaxation for reserved category students.
- You should note that it is necessary to have cleared XII Examination in the science stream with Physics and Mathematics as required subjects.
- Age Limit: CEPT Entrance Exam is for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It has no upper age limit.
- Work Experience for PG: Having work experience of 1 to 4 years or more has an extra advantage, even though it is not mandatory but just a desirable factor. While academic performance has 5% weightage, work experience has 10% weightage in the selection process.
Seat Availability in CEPT Entrance Exam 2021
- The seats available under each of the programmes varies from course to course. And, the number of seats in each programme is limited, thus despite the common entrance exam, the cut off may differ from course to course.
- The number of seats for all the undergraduate programmes, through CEPT Entrance Exam, is fixed at 40.
|PG Courses||Number of Seats|
|M.Arch in Architectural Design||24|
|M.Arch/ MA in Conservation and Regeneration||16|
|M.Arch/ MA in Architectural History and Theory||12|
|Master of Landscape Architecture||24|
|Master of Urban Planning||48|
|Master of Urban Transport Systems||24|
|Master of Urban Infrastructure||24|
|Master of Urban Housing||24|
|Master of Urban Design||36|
|Master of Urban Management||24|
|Master of Technology in Construction Engineering & Management||24|
|Master of Technology in Structural Engineering Design||24|
|Master of Technology in Geomatics||24|
|Master of Technology in Building Energy Performance||18|
|Master of Design in Interior Design||18|
|International Master of Interior Architectural Design||18|
|Master of Design in Furniture Design||24|
|Master of Design in Building Products and Systems||24|
CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form
- The application process for PG courses at CEPT University is quite elaborate and needs you to send a number of documents to the University before the entrance exam. Based on your profile you will be shortlisted, to allow you to take the CEPT entrance test.
- After the entrance exam, the qualified students have to attend the personal interview, for all the courses except for courses under the Faculty of Desing.
Documents to Upload
- Successfully completed application form,
- Degree certificates (self-attested),
- Mark sheets (of all semesters),
- Curriculum vitae,
- Academic and/or Professional experience certificates,
- References letters (from two referees, uploaded as single PDF),
- Portfolio (A4 size single PDF Landscape, maximum10 pages, File size to be less than 20MB and 150dpi),
- Thesis/dissertation or final year project (to be submitted at the time of personal interview).
CEPT Entrance Exam 2021 Pattern
CEPT 2021 UG Pattern:
- The weightage for HSC/12th Percentage = 20%, Written Admission Test = 60% and Personal Interview = 20%.
- The CEPT UG 2021 topics and their weightage are as follows:
- Visual Perception and Representation = 50%
- Logical reasoning and Basic Principles of Science = 20%
- Communicative English and Verbal Reasoning = 15%
- Social and Cultural Awareness = 15%
CEPT 2021 PG Pattern:
- The entrance test is common for all Faculty of Design and Faculty of Architecture programmes. It focuses on your ability to analyze, describe, visualize and imagine.
- The entrance test for Master of Urban Management under the Faculty of Management includes an essay with a word limit of 300 to 400 and a case study analysis.
- The entrance exam for courses under Faculty of Technology contains 3 sections, Verbal English with weightage of 30%, Analytical Ability with weightage of 30% & Mathematical Ability with weightage of 40%.
CEPT 2021 PG Admit Card
- Availability: CEPT Entrance Exam Admit Card will be available on the official website after declaration of shortlisted candidates list, on March 29, 2021 (tentative).
- Download: Candidates should download the Hall-Tickets from the University website: admissions.cept.ac.in.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry their government ID proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card to the test center on the day of the exam.
- Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
CEPT 2021 Results
- Results: The final Results will be declared on the official website for all PG courses, based on qualified marks on June 8, 2021 (Tentative).
- Cut-Off: The CEPT Entrance Exam cut-off is arrived at by keeping a ratio of available seats (all PG programmes together with other than MUD) to the number of applicants (to be interviewed) at 1:3.
CEPT 2021 Counselling
- Counselling: Candidates who have qualified in the CEPT Entrance Exam and the subsequent stages will be called for the counseling process after the results are announced. The date of the counseling will be intimidated to students through email.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in person for physical counseling for admission. No relaxation of any kind is permissible in this regard.
CEPT Admission 2021
For UG Programmes:
- The admission process for all the undergraduate courses is the same. The process has 2 steps after the application form is accepted and the name is shortlisted for the CEPT 2021. One is the CEPT Entrance Exam and the other is the personal interview.
For PG Programmes:
- Even though the entrance test for all the programs is the same, the admission process for each course is different. The weightage for different factors varies from one Faculty to another.
- CEPT 2021 Application fee is INR 3500 (including taxes) for the first application by an applicant, and second application onwards by the same applicant will be Rs. 1000/- for any program in CEPT University.
- All 4 of Programmes - Master of Urban Planning, Urban Infrastructure, Urban Transport Systems, and Urban Housing have a single application form.
- Similarly, there is a single application form for all 3 MTech courses - M Tech in Construction Engineering & Management, Structural Engineering Design, and Geomatics.
For Faculty of Architecture:
- At stage I, weightage for CV = 30%, Portfolio = 40% and Reference Letter = 30%.
- At stage, Weightage for CEPT Entrance exam = 30% and Personal Interview = 70%.
For Faculty of Planning:
- Weightage for Percentage of Marks obtained in the qualifying examination = 30%,
- Work Experience (Based on period) = 20%,
- Group Discussion + Write-up = 25%,
- Personal Interview / SOP = 25%.
For Faculty of Technology:
- Weightage for Masters/ Bachelors percentage marks = 20%,
- Entrance exam = 60%,
- Personal Interview and Work Experience = 20%.
For Faculty of Management:
- Weightage for Entrance exam = 40%,
- Group Discussion = 30%,
- Personal Interview = 20%,
- Work Experience = 10%.
For Faculty of Design:
- Weightage for Academic Performance in the UG Course = 5%,
- Work Experience = 10%,
- Portfolio = 5%,
- CEPT Entrance Test (Exam 1) = 30%,
- FD PG Subject Specific Design Aptitude Test (Exam 2) = 50%.
- The Design aptitude test focuses on evaluating the creative abilities, critical thinking, and analytical abilities, problem-solving abilities along with market exposure and industry knowledge.
- There is no personal interview for programs under the Faculty of Desing.
- Address: CEPT University, Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus,
University Road, Navrangpura,
India. PIN - 380009.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: www.cept.ac.in
- Contact: 1800-270-4030, 0091-79-26302470