Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (AUMAT) is a gateway for admission to Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) which is conducted by Alliance University. Go through the article given below to get detailed information on the important dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, etc. And get a clear idea about the AUMAT 2020 Exam.
- What is AUMAT Exam?
- AUMAT Important Dates
- AUMAT Eligibility Criteria
- AUMAT Syllabus
- AUMAT Exam Pattern
- AUMAT Application Form & Process
- AUMAT Admit Card
- AUMAT Results
- AUMAT Counselling
What is AUMAT Exam?
Alliance University is a private university established in Karnataka State by Act No. 34 of the year 2010. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission(UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- History: Alliance University aspires to be among the best universities in the world through a series of crafted moves, precisely calibrated action plans and an unwavering commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
- Courses: Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (AUMAT) is conducted by Alliance University for courses like BBM and BBA. Alliance University offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs including MBA, Executive PGDM, PGDM, BBA, B.Com (Hons.), M.Com, Ph.D. in Management, BA LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons.), LLM, Ph.D. in Law, etc.
- Conducting Authority: Conducting authority of the AUMAT 2020 exam is Alliance University and the University conducts an aptitude test for candidates who want to enroll themselves into one of the courses mentioned above. AUMAT 2020 Exam is conducted once a year for admission offering courses such as BBA and BBM for eligible candidates. The total number of seats available for both BBA and BBM courses is 420.
AUMAT stands for "Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test" is administered by Alliance University. This entrance exam is for getting admission in either of the Undergraduate Programs offered by the Alliance School of Business.
|AUMAT 2020 Exam Information|
|Exam Name||Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Exam Mode||Online & Offline (pen-paper)|
|Conducted by||Alliance University|
|Courses Offered||BBA, BBM|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Marking Scheme||For Every Correct Answer Plus (+) 1 Mark|
|Negative Marking||Negative (-) 0.25 Mark for every Incorrect Answer|
AUMAT Exam Dates
AUMAT 2020 application form will be available on the official website from May 15, 2020 to May 31, 2020. AUMAT will be conducted in the first week of May on the provided centers by the University. AUMAT exam dates are important with respect to preparation for the exam and for all the process related to the exam. The AUMAT Important Dates are as follows:
|Application Process Start Date||May 15, 2020|
|Application Process End Date||May 31, 2020|
|Admit Card||June 3, 2020|
|Exam||June 9, 2020 to June 11, 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 9, 2020|
AUMAT Eligibility Criteria
Alliance University is strictly based on merit, candidates who qualify AUMAT 2020 will be eligible. If the candidates do not have enough marks will be considered as disqualified and he/she will not be eligible. Some of the eligibility criteria to write the exam:
- Pre-University/Higher Secondary/10+2 Examinations or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council in any discipline.
- Selection Process for Admission comprised of AUMAT (Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test) and Personal Interview.
- The final selection of the candidate will be based on the overall performance in the Admission Selection Process.
How to prepare for AUMAT Exam?
The ALMAT 2020 exam tips and tricks are given below:
- Practice for the AUMAT Exam daily - There is no substitute for practice when it comes to exam preparation. So make sure that you take mock tests, solve previous papers and sample papers. Solve the previous year's sample paper to understand the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam. Evaluate your mock tests and practice papers scores on the basis of the AUMAT Exam Pattern will make you realize your own strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepare a Time Table - Prepare a proper schedule that would be suitable for yourself and practice a set of questions daily. Try to make it a daily habit and solve at least two or three AUMAT Exam sample papers daily. It will help you to increase your speed to solve the questions accordingly.
- Start your revision early - You need to give yourself enough time to revise everything that you have already studied, and make sure that once you get done with a topic you would revise it before proceeding to the next one.
AUMAT 2020 Syllabus
The topics for AUMAT 2020 is General Knowledge, English Proficiency, Quantitative. The subtopics for the syllabus are listed in the table given below:
MAHE OET Syllabus - English Proficiency
|Comprehension of passage|
|Odd man out|
|Fill In The Blanks|
MAHE OET Syllabus - Quantitative
|Work and time|
|Ratios and Proportion|
|Profit & Loss|
|HCF and LCM|
MAHE OET Syllabus - General Knowledge
|Sports players, winners, and trophies|
|Companies and their Slogans|
|Top executives of companies|
|Awards and Noble prize winners|
|Name of authors and their books.|
|Questions on Science, History, Geography, etc|
|International organizations and Groups.|
|Social, Financial issues.|
NOTE: The candidates must concentrate more on the topics mentioned above to get good marks and qualify in the examination.
AUMAT Exam Pattern
AUMAT is conducted once a year and in the month of June. The exam is conducted for the selection of students for the seats of BBA and BBM for the academic year of 2020. To test the student's attitude, personality, etc. The exam pattern divides the syllabus into five sections namely Quantitative, Conceptual, General Knowledge, English Proficiency, and Comprehension.
- Duration: The exam duration will be one hour i.e, 60 minutes.
- Question Type: The question type is of Multiple Choice Questions will be of 50 marks. Negative marking will be given for every incorrect answer i.e, -0.25 marks will be deducted and 1 mark for every correct answer.
- There are a total of 45 questions.
- And will be for a total of 50 marks.
- Each section will carry 10 marks.
- And in each section, there are 10 questions that mean each question carries 1 mark. But the Comprehension section will consist of 5 questions, which means that each question carries 2 marks in this section.
|Category/Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
AUMAT is conducted at different locations. The exam date varies for each exam center. Candidates will get the option of choosing their preferred exam center at the time of filling the application form.
AUMAT 2020 Application form & Process
The Application form for AUMAT 2020 is available both in offline and online mode. The Form and Prospectus for the Bachelor of Business Administration can be obtained from the Office and also from the official website. The eligible candidates can only apply for the admission for the course.
- Payment of Rs 1,000/- and Rs 2,000/- for NRI and SAARC national applicants and the US $50 for other foreign national applicants.
- The payable amount can be cash or through demand draft drawn in favor of "ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY" payable at Bangalore.
- The AUMAT 2020 Application Process for Undergraduate students can be done through both offline and online mode.
- You can download the AUMAT 2020 application form for the official website of Alliance University.
- The candidate should take a print out of the Application form and fill in the required details.
- Self-attest a photocopy of the candidate's 12th and 10th standard mark sheets, as well as a valid government and an issued photo ID.
- The completed Application Form along with the documents should be sent to the Office of Admissions, Alliance School of Business.
- The payment can be made in cash if the candidate is going to physically submit the application form at the Office of Admissions or via demand draft (DD).
- The candidate must apply online for the AUMAT exam 2020 and then fill the AUMAT 2020 Application form.
- The documents required for completing the application process include self-attested and scanned copies of your 10th and 12th standard mark sheets, as well as a valid government, issued photo ID.
- The application fee can also be paid online via Debit card, Credit card or Net Banking.
Along with the application form the candidates have to send the following documents:
- 10th standard - Mark Sheet
- 12th standard - Mark Sheet
- Photo identity proof
- Passport (foreign nationals only)
Candidates who are willing to appear for AUMAT 2020 must make sure that they fill in the application form before the deadline. Incomplete forms or entries received after the deadline will not be entertained by the officials.
AUMAT Admit Card
Admit card for AUMAT 2020 will be available on the official website of Alliance University from June 3, 2020. Follow the given below steps to download the admit card.
- Click on the AUMAT 2020 Admit card.
- Enter the necessary details and click on submit button.
- The Admit Card will appear, download it and take a print out for further processes.
- Once it is downloaded candidates must check the details mentioned are correct.
- Candidates name
- Date of Birth
- Registration number
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Exam venue
- Contact details
AUMAT 2020 Results
Results for AUMAT 2020 will be available by the third week of May on the official website. The results will be available online and candidates can check their scorecards by visiting the Alliance University website.
- The University will announce the cut-off once the result of AUMAT 2020 is announced.
- Check the scorecard, by the following steps:
- Visit the official website of Alliance University
- Go to the BBA section
- Click on the ‘AUMAT 2020’
- Enter the registered User ID and password
- Once the details are submitted, the result will appear on the screen
- Download the scorecard and take a printout
- The shortlisted candidates need to appear for the Personal Interview round based on the merit list prepared by the authority for the candidates who are shortlisted according to the marks scored in AUMAT 2020.
There is no specific cut-off for the AUMAT 2020 selection process. The marks obtained by a candidate in the AUMAT entrance exam (in percentage) and the candidate's performance in the Personal Interview (PI) are considered for the Cut-off selection process to the Alliance University.
AUMAT 2020 Counselling
Alliance University conducts counselling for the shortlisted candidates. The candidates attending the AUMAT 2020 Counselling based on the merit list have to attend the personal interview (PI) which is conducted by the Alliance University for the final selection process.
- The candidates are requested to carry the original documents for attending the counselling.
- 10th, 12th marks card
- Admit Card AUMAT 2020
- While attending the counselling candidates failed to bring the original documents will not be taken into consideration.
Address: Chikkahagade Cross
Chandapura - Anekal Main Road
Anekal, Bengaluru - 562106
Telephone: +91 80 3093 8100/8200
Fax: +91 80 30938040