Allahabad University PGAT 2020 Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Pattern, Results
AU PGAT stands for Allahabad University Post Graduation Admission Test, which is a state level examination conducted by the University of Allahabad to provide admissions candidates who want to pursue postgraduate courses offered by the university. The courses offered by the university belongs to different fields including Humanity and Social Science, Natural Science, Commerce and Law, Humanities and Science, etc. Aspirants need to fulfill the given eligibility criteria in order to get admission through the exam. To know more about AU PGAT 2020, read the full article below.
Latest News on Allahabad University PGAT 2020
- September 23, 2020: The admit card for Allahabad Univerity PGAT-II 2020 is released. Candidates can download the same with the link provided in the AU PGAT 2020 Admit Card section.
- September 18, 2020: The admit cards for the Allahabad University PGAT-I 2020 exam are available now. The admit card for PGAT-II exam will be released soon. Candidates can log in and download the admit cards. Click here for the direct link.
- July 15, 2020: The last date to submit the application forms has been extended to September 5, 2020.
- The AU PGAT 2020 Application Process was resumed on May 10, 2020. The revised exam dates will be announced soon.
- What is PGAT?
- PGAT Courses Offered
- PGAT 2020 Exam Date
- PGAT 2020 Eligibility
- PGAT 2020 Application Process
- PGAT 2020 Application Form
- PGAT 2020 Admit Card Released
- PGAT 2020 Exam Centres
- PGAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- PGAT 2020 Syllabus
- PGAT 2020 Results
- PGAT 2020 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is PGAT?
- About AU: Allahabad University has been established in the year 1886. It is the fourth oldest university in India after Bombay, Calcutta, and Madras Universities.
- About PGAT: Full Form of PGAT is Allahabad University Post Graduate Admission Test. PGAT is a University Level Admission Test conducted by Allahabad University (AU) for admission into various Master's Degree programme. The exam is also known as AU PGAT.
- Conducting Body: AU PGAT was conducted by Allahabad University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh once every year.
- Mode: Allahabad University Entrance Exam PGAT 2020 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) and online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) at Allahabad University, Uttar Pradesh.
- Exam Centres: Allahabad University PGAT will be conducted at major cities in India such as Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Delhi, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Srinagar, and Varanasi.
- Admission Process: The admission to the Allahabad University consists of 2 steps Verification of Documents and Seat Allotment. The Seat Allotment will be based on candidates rank and seat availability.
Allahabad University PGAT 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Allahabad University Post Graduate Admission Test|
|Acronym||PGAT / AU PGAT|
|Conducting Body||Allahabad University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Course Offered||Postgraduate Courses in Various streams|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) and offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|No. of Question||150|
|Topics||PGAT I - General Awareness, General English, General Hindi, and Mental Ability
PGAT II - General Topics, Subject I/ Subject II (Optional)
|Duration||2 hours i.e. 120 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||2 mark will be given for the correct answer
0.5 will be deducted for the incorrect answers
Courses offered by Allahabad University through AU PGAT 2020
Candidates can refer to the below table to check out various courses offered by the university of Allahabad through AU PGAT 2020.
|Humanity and Social Science||Ancient History|
|English Literature and Language|
|Medieval and Morden History|
|Music (Vocal, Sitar and Tabla)|
|Humanities and Science||Anthropology|
|Commerce and Law||M.Com.|
|Specialized / Non-conventional Subjects||M.Sc. in Bio-Chemistry|
|M.Sc. in Material Science|
|M.Sc. in Bioinformatics|
|M.Sc. in Environmental Science|
|M.Sc. in Textile and Apparel Designing|
|M.Sc. in Design and Innovation in Rural Technology|
|M.Sc. in Agricultural Science (Agricultural Chemistry / Agricultural Botany and Soil Science / Agricultural Zoology and Entomology)|
|M.A. in Mass Communication|
|M.A. in Film Theatre|
|M.A. in Women Studies|
|M.F.A. - Master of Fine Arts*|
|M.P.A. in Vocal, Sitar, and Tabla|
|M.D.S. - Master in Development Studies|
|M.Tech. Earth System Science|
|M.P.Ed. - Master of Physical Education*|
|Applied Geology in Earth and Planetary Science|
|M.C.A. - Master in Computer Applications|
PGAT 2020 Exam Dates
- Registration: Application Form is available on the official website i.e. www.auadmissions.com from May 10, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form of Allahabad University Entrance Exam will be on September 5, 2020.
- Admit Card: The Admit Card will be available online for all the candidates.
- Examination: Allahabad University PGAT will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) and offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT). M. Sc. Zoology Entrance Exam question papers and MA exam are also conducted under AU PGAT 2020.
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all the candidates.
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the AU PGAT 2020 will be called for the counselling process.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Important Dates
- Note: All dates are tentative except for the Application Form dates. The dates will be updated as per the notifications from the conducting authority.
The table mentioned below gives details about the AU PGAT 2020 Important Dates.
|AU PGAT 2020 Important Events||Dates|
|PGAT 2020 Application Forms Availability||May 10, 2020|
|PGAT 2020 Application Forms Submission Deadline||September 5, 2020 (Extended)|
|PGAT 2020 Admit Card Availability||September 18, 2020|
|PGAT 2020 Date of Exam of Phase I||September 30, 2020|
|PGAT 2020 Date of Exam of Phase II||September 30, 2020 to October 5, 2020|
|PGAT 2020 Date of Results||To Be Announced|
|PGAT 2020 Date of Counselling||To Be Announced|
AU PGAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who aspire to apply for the examination need to satisfy the AU PGAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria before registering for the examination. The candidate's application can be cancelled at any time during the process of admission if the candidate is found to be ineligible for the examination. Applicants must go through the AU PGAT 2020 Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria listed below for appearing in the entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates must have passed Bachelor's Degree in the relevant stream from a recognized university. The eligibility criteria may differ from each of the courses.
- Qualifying Marks: Minimum 30% marks must be secured for General category candidates, minimum 27% marks must be secured for OBC category candidates, however, there are no qualifying marks for SC/ ST category candidates.
- Sports Quota: Candidates who have played in Inter-University games or Open National or National Games or International Games by the respective Federations of the Sports event will be eligible for admission in the Post-Graduate Courses of the University, as per University Rules.
- Education Gap: In order to give chance to the candidates who have passed in the current academic session i.e. 2018-19, a deduction of 5% for each gap year would be given up to a maximum of 15% of the obtained marks.
- Subject Candidates: The candidates who have studied Humanity and Social Science, Natural Science, Humanity and Science, Commerce and Law in graduation level can apply for the same subjects in the Master Degree.
- Non-Subject Candidates: The candidates who wish to take admission in the subjects which they have not studied at the graduation level can apply for Hindi, English, Med. & Mod. History, Ancient History, Political Science, Philosophy, and Education subjects only.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
AU PGAT 2020 Application Process
- AU PGAT Registration Steps: Candidate has to follow the below-mentioned steps to fill AU PGAT Application Form:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.auadmissions.com.
- Register as a new candidate with Name, Mobile Number, and Email Id.
- The login credential will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email Id.
- Fill the Application Form by entering the Personal, Academic, and contact details.
- Upload the recently took passport size photograph and signature on the right place in the form.
- The Application Fee should be paid online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking).
- Note: The aspirants must fill the Application for carefully. The information provided by the aspirants on the Application Form cannot be changed or altered at any time. The University shall not be responsible for any mistake made by the applicant.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Application Process
AU PGAT 2020 Application Form
- Registration Date: Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. www.auadmissions.com from May 10, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on September 5, 2020.
- Type of Form: There will be separate Application Form for Humanity and Social Science, Natural Science, Humanity and Science, Commerce and Law and separate Application Form for Specialized/ Non-conventional Subjects which is mention above in the table.
- Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay a registration fee online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) as mentioned below for different category:
|General/ OBC||INR 700|
|SC/ ST/ PH||INR 350|
Upload Documents: Candidates have upload passport size photograph and signature as per the dimension, size, and format mentioned below:
|Photograph||3.5 x 4.5 cm||20 KB||.jpg/ .jpeg|
|Signature||3.5 x 4.5 cm||20 KB||.jpg/ .jpeg|
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Application Form
AU PGAT 2020 Admit Card
- Issue Date: The Admit Card will be uploaded and available online for all the candidates.
- Details: The admit card contains the details such as Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Exam Date, Exam Venue, Photograph, Signature.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
- Note: If candidates fail to produce there admit card to the invigilator at the exam centre, they will not be permitted to attend the examination.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Admit Card
AU PGAT 2020 Exam Centres
- Exam Centre: Allahabad University PGAT 2020 will be conducted in 13 Exam Centres across India.
- Centre Cities: The Exam Centres where the Allahabad University PGAT will be conducted are Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Delhi, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Srinagar, and Varanasi.
- Change of Centre: If the number of candidates appearing at a particular centre is 25 or less than 25 then their examination centre shall be changed to the Allahabad Tentative or other nearest centre.
- Id Proof: Candidates must carry a valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the exam centre without fail.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Exam Centres
AU PGAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: Allahabad University PGAT 2020 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) and offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)
- Question Type: The format of the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's). Candidates can download and refer to Allahabad University Entrance Exam previous year question papers pdf for better understanding of AU PGAT 2020 Exam Pattern.
- Questions & Marks: The question paper will comprise of 100 for set 1 and 150 for set 2 questions and the total marks awarded to them are 200 for set 1 and 300 for set 2.
- No. of Questions: Candidates have to attend two sets of question paper based on the subject chosen.
- Set 1: If a candidate opted for one subject then they have to attend 100 questions (50 compulsory questions and 50 opted subject questions in 90 minutes)
- Set 2: If a candidate opted for two subjects then they have to attend 150 questions (50 compulsory questions, 50 opted subject 1 questions, 50 opted subject 2 questions in 120 minutes)
- Note: 50 compulsory questions are from General Awareness, General English, General Hindi, and Mental Ability.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be given for the correct answers and 0.5 will be deducted for the incorrect answers.
- Medium: AU PGAT 2020 question paper will be in English.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Exam Pattern
AU PGAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates who aspire to appear for AU PGAT 2020 entrance exam are highly advised to go through the AU PGAT 2020 Syllabus before preparing for the examination.
- Syllabus: The syllabus for AU PGAT 2020 will be based on topics related to there previous qualifying exam i.e. bachelor's degree.
- Topics: The PGAT paper is divided into two subdivision which is PGAT I - General Awareness, General English, General Hindi, and Mental Ability and PGAT II - General Topics, Subject I/ Subject II (Optional)
- Authority: The syllabus will be decided by the Allahabad University.
- Preparation: Students must make sure that they follow the correct syllabus referred by the authority to prepare well for the Allahabad University Law Admission Test.
- Get more information about Allahabad University Entrance Exam previous year question papers.
AU PGAT 2020 Results
- Announcement Date: Results will be declared in the form of scorecard separately for PGAT I and PGAT II on the official website for all the candidates.
- Answer Key: Answer key is a material which is published after an examination, containing answers to the questions of the concerned exam question paper which can be downloaded from the official website.
- Scorecard: The scorecard/ rank sheet is released separately for PGAT I and PGAT II by the conducting authority which contains details about Name, Roll Number, Photograph, Course Applied, Marks secured in each section.
- Merit List: Once the result has been declared the Allahabad University will release a Merit List separately for PGAT I and PGAT II according to the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination.
- Cut-off: Cut-off refers to minimum marks required for qualifying an exam. PGAT will announce cut-off scores for each course separately after a week of the examination result. PGAT cut-off will be announced for all categories - General, OBC, SC/ ST and physically handicapped. Factors determining the cut-off are mentioned below:
- The number of candidates appeared for Allahabad University PGAT I and PGAT II.
- Candidates who have cleared the State Level Law Entrance Test.
- The difficulty level of the paper.
- The number of seats available in Allahabad University.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Results
AU PGAT 2020 Counselling
- Commencement Date: Candidates who have cleared the AU PGAT 2020 will be called for the counselling process.
- Shortlisted: Candidates who have been shortlisted based on the merit list will be called for further counselling process which will be conducted in the Allahabad University on the specified date.
- Counselling Procedure: The counselling procedure will consist of Verification of Entrance Exam Score/ Rank, Counselling Rounds, Seat Allotment and Document Verification.
- Required Documents: A candidate who is Selected or Waiting list, while appearing for admission process must bring with him his Admit Card, Required Photographs, Requisite Fee, and the original and Self-attested photocopies of all those marks sheets/ certificates which are required to be attached along with the Admission Application Form. Admission shall not be given to the candidates in the absence of any of these required documents.
- Get more information about PGAT 2020 Counselling
AU PGAT Contact Information
|Address||Senate House Campus, University Road, Old Katra, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211002|
|Phone Number||+91 6386751871, 6386751872, 6386751873 (Monday to Saturday 9:30am to 5:00pm)|