The AICTE provides GATE scholarship 2024 to students pursuing M.E, M.Tech, M.Arch or M.Pharm courses. The students can follow the steps and get ready with the required documents to acquire the scholarship from AICTE.
The students who are applying for GATE 2024 must also get to know about the GATE scholarship 2024. The All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) sends out scholarship offers to GATE and GPAT candidates for the AICTE GATE scholarship over time. This scholarship is called the AICTE PG (GATE/GPAT) scholarship, although some call it the GATE PG or AICTE GATE scholarship. The main objective of the scholarship is to raise the development of India's technical education sector.
Table of Contents
- AICTE GATE Scholarship 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- AICTE GATE Scholarship Rewards
- How to Apply for AICTE GATE Scholarship?
AICTE GATE Scholarship 2024 Eligibility Criteria
First, the candidates should find out if they qualify for the AICTE GATE scholarship. However, the candidates who do pass the eligibility criteria should meet the following requirements. The criteria for the candidate are as follows:
- The candidates should have a valid score obtained from the GATE 2024 / GPAT exam.
- They should have received an MTech/ME/MPharma/MArch admission in an AICTE-recognised institution.
AICTE GATE Scholarship Rewards
The GATE scholarship amount that the candidate receives stands at around INR 12,400 and is strictly for their post-graduate studies (GATE scholarship for PhD is not available). The mode of payment of the scholarship to candidates is carried out through the official portal and will be governed by the AICTE policy decision-makers.
The AICTE GATE scholarship is granted to the candidate every month. Therefore, during their candidacy, the applicant should not obtain any grant, scholarship, stipend or salary of any kind from any other source. To process the payment, candidates will need to provide their bank account details in their name, and it should not be a joint account as they are not considered.
How to Apply for AICTE GATE Scholarship?
If the candidates want to know how to apply for a GATE scholarship, they must first understand three things: One, how the process works. Two, what sort of qualifications they will need to meet. And three, what documents will be required to be kept ready for upload. If the applicants are eligible to apply for the AICTE GATE scholarship for this year, we recommend that you follow the steps provided below to have a smooth experience. The steps have been provided in chronological order, so follow them from top to bottom.
- Step 1: The candidates should obtain their student ID and institute ID from their academic institute.
- Step 2: Next, they should go to the official AICTE website.
- Step 3: They should press on the application link and provide the necessary details.
- Step 4: The students should fill up the PG scholarship GATE application form.
- Step 5: Additionally, they should upload the filled documents in PDF format to the official website.S
- Step 6: Lastly, the candidates should click on 'submit' when they are done with all the steps.
Read more: AICTE PG GATE/GPAT Scholarship.
AICTE GATE Scholarship Essential Documents
If the candidates pass the eligibility criteria, they'll need to submit the following documents for proof of identity, candidacy and other verification purposes. They must be scanned and submitted in PDF format to the appropriate authorities. Please note that the selection of candidates is made using your GATE or GPAT scorecard as a basis.
- GATE/GPAT scorecard
- Aadhar card
- The candidates from Assam, Meghalaya, or Jammu & Kashmir need not carry an Aadhar.
- Caste certificate
- For OBC candidates only: Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate that is less than a year old
AICTE GATE Scholarship Rules and Important Points
- The candidate's academic performance and adherence to the institution's rules and regulations heavily contribute to the selection process for the scholarship. Candidates must be consistent in their attendance for 24 months, starting from the start of the classes to their end, and will not be extended or shortened. These classes will consist of 8-10 hour sessions that involve tutorials, lab work, lab classes, R&D assistance, computer maintenance and operations, etc. Leaving the course midway will require the candidate to repay the total scholarship amount drawn.
- Candidates who have already received scholarships from AICTE or other neighbouring institutions such as IIITs, IITs, or NITs will not be granted access to applying for the AICTE GATE scholarship the second time around.
- The PG scholarship rates are subject to change once issued by the Department of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and the Executive Committee of the Council (ECC).