Get complete information on GATE Civil Engineering Books 2022. Check the topic-wise best preparation books for the upcoming GATE Civil Engineering exam.
Choosing the best books for GATE Civil Engineering is very significant for the candidates who are looking forward to clear the upcoming GATE Civil Engineering Exam. The candidates can refer to the books given below for GATE Civil Engineering exam. The candidates must be thorough with the syllabus in order to choose the right books for GATE Civil Engineering, which cover the entire syllabus.
GATE Civil Engineering is one of the twenty-five GATE exams, and is conducted by IIT Kharagpur. Civil Engineering is mainly about the design, construction, and maintenance of the natural and physical built environment such as bridges, highways, airports, buildings, and houses, dams, roads, etc. Civil Engineering is a profession that paves way for candidates to have a career in building the infrastructure.
GATE Civil Engineering Best Books
Topic-wise best books for GATE Civil Engineering are given below. The candidates can go through the following books and prepare themselves for the upcoming GATE 2022 exam.
|Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (Edition 7)||R.S Aggarwal|
|Numerical Methods||Introduction methods of numerical analysis||S.S Sastry|
|Calculus||Intermediate Mathematics||B.V Sastry and K. Venkateswarlu|
|Linear Algebra||Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Erwin Kreyszig|
|Structural Engineering||Structural Analysis||SS Bhavikatti|
|Strength of Materials (Edition 2)||U.C Jindal|
|Basic Structural Analysis (Edition 3)||C.S Reddy|
|R.C.C Designs (Concrete Structures)||Dr. B.C Punmia, Ashok Kr.Jain, Arun Kr. Jain|
|Design of Steel Structures (Steel Structures)||S.K Duggal|
|Geotechnical Engineering||Advanced Soil Mechanics||Baraja M. Das|
|Principles of Foundation Engineering||Braja.M.Das|
|Water Resources||Irrigation Engineering||N.N Basak|
|Engineering Hydrology||K. Subramanya|
|A textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics||R.K Bansal|
|Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics (Edition 14)||Dr. P.N Modi Dr. S.M Seth|
|Transportation Engineering||Highway Engineering||Khanna & Jasto, Kadiyali|
|Surveying and Levelling||Rangwala|
|Environmental Engineering||Environmental Engineering||B.C Punmia, S.K Garg, Peavy, Metcalf and Eddy|
|Environmental Engineering Vol 1 [Edition 28] (Water Supply Engineering)||S.K Duggal|
|Sewage Disposal and Air Pollution Engineering (Environmental Engineering Vol.2) Edition 3||S.K Duggal|
Apart from the GATE Civil Engineering Preparation books aspirants can also refer to other books and guides to various subjects of Civil Engineering.
GATE Civil Engineering Preparation Tips
All GATE Civil Engineering Aspirants can refer to the following preparation tips-
- Candidates must first learn the syllabus and accordingly, make a study plan and revise all the subjects and topics thoroughly every week.
- Candidates should also start from the basics and study months before the examination date.
- Candidates must also practice online mock tests and previous year question papers which shall enhance their accuracy and time management skills.
- Candidates must also clear all their doubts if they have any and also must seek professional help or guidance.
- Candidates must avoid last-minute preparations.
- Lastly, candidates must remain calm and confident during the GATE exam day.
GATE Civil Engineering Syllabus
The GATE syllabus for Civil Engineering consists of 7 Sections. And they are:
- Section 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Section 2: Structural Engineering
- Section 3: Geotechnical Engineering
- Section 4: Water Resources Engineering
- Section 5: Environmental Engineering
- Section 6: Transportation Engineering
- Section 7: Geomatics Engineering
- Where can a candidate buy the books GATE Civil Engineering exam?
GATE Civil Engineering exam books are widely available. Candidates can choose to buy from either online book stores or any offline book store. To find out the best prices for GATE Civil Engineering Books, visit www.indiabookstore.net.
- What is the time allotted to complete the GATE Civil Engineering Exam?
The time allotted to complete the GATE Civil Engineering Exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes.