Overview of Bachelor of Hotel Management [BHM]:
B.H.M. or Bachelor of Hotel Management is an undergraduate Management course. The program focuses on imparting technical knowledge and skills in hotel operations. The hotel management course provides in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire the required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of food production, food and beverage service, catering, front office operation and housekeeping.
Bachelor of Hotel Management Eligibility:
- The candidates should complete their 10+2 or its equivalent exam in Science stream with Hotel Management and Catering as one of the subjects.
- The marks of admission for this course may vary from college to college
- The course is suitable to provide technical knowledge and skills in diverse aspects of hotel management.
- The course study enables the candidate to gain adequate managerial and hospitality skills to meet the ever-growing demands of the hotel and tourism industry.
Advantages of Bachelor of Hotel Management:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management course offers a lot of benefits to aspirants who had pursued the same.
- First of all, the course study helps the candidate to gain ample knowledge and expertise to perform well in their career.
- Due to the rapid growth of service sector across the globe, BHM degree holders can have good career growth with rewarding salary.
- After successful completion of the course, one can have ample higher education programs in areas of tourism and hotel management.
Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Hotel Management:
- Admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management program is through both entrance examination and merit-based. Certain universities offer both direct admission and entrance based admission to the program. However, few Universities require Candidates to have given any of the applicable Entrance Exams for Bachelor of Hotel Management.
- Candidates who are applying for the Bachelor of Hotel Management program should beforehand have their results from the respective Entrance Exams required by the selected/opted Universities.
- Applications for admissions can be availed either from the University website or by visiting the Admissions Office of the same. Candidates will have to fill out the required details in a match with the existing documents.
- Candidates are advised to have a look at the list of Entrance Exams applicable for Bachelor of Hotel Management, for various Universities. Candidates should also make sure they qualify in the Education Eligibility criteria with the minimum required marks.
Entrance Exams for BHM:
- NCHM JEE
- IIHM eCHAT
- AIMA UGAT
- UPSEE BHMCT
- UKSEE BHMCT
- MAH CET HM
- WBJEE HM
Entrance exam pattern for Bachelor of Hotel Management:
The 3-hour examination consists of 200 questions, divided into 5 topics. Negative marking is applicable. The Aptitude for Service Sector section has no wrong answers. Marks are given according to most appropriate responses.
1. Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude: 30 questions
2. Reasoning and Logical Deduction: 30 questions
3. General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 30 questions
4. English Language: 60 questions
5. Aptitude for Service Sector: 50 questions
Top colleges for BHM: