NCHMCT JEE 2021 is a national-level exam conducted once every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate courses in hospitality and hotel administration programs. The application process for NCHMCT JEE 2021 has been released on Feb 3, 2021 and the last date to apply for the same is extended to Jun 20, 2021. As per the latest official notification, the exam is postponed.
- May 28, 2021: The last date to apply for NCHMCT JEE 2021 has been further extended to June 20, 2021 (upto 5:00 pm). The last date for payment of exam fee is June 20, 2021 (upto 11:50 PM). The revised dates of the correction window for the application form will now be from June 21 to June 30, 2021.
- May 5, 2021: The last date to apply for NCHMCT JEE 2021 is extended to May 31, 2021. The application form correction window will be opened from June 2 to June 8, 2021. Interested candidates can check more information about the registration and the steps to apply at NCHMCT JEE Application Form.
- February 3, 2021: The application forms for NCHMCT JEE 2021 are currently being accepted.
- What is NCHMCT JEE 2021?
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Dates
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Eligibility
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Application Form
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Admit Card
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Centre
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Syllabus
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Analysis
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Results
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Counselling
- NCHMCT JEE 2021 Reference Books
- Colleges Accepting NCHMCT JEE 2021 Score
What is NCHMCT JEE 2021?
National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination [NCHMCT JEE] is a National Level Entrance Exam which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions into the Hotel Administration program and B.Sc Hospitality. NCHMCT JEE 2021 is a premium opportunity to get into the dynamic field of Hotel Management.
Candidates who wish to pursue a career in hospitality have to appear for the NCHMCT JEE Exam in order to get admission into these programs. Applicants are to make sure they satisfy the NCHMCT JEE Eligibility criteria before they apply for the exam. The candidates can apply to the NCHMCT JEE Exam by going to the official website and registering for the same. The NCHMCT JEE Result will be declared on the official website after the exam.
For 2020, NCHMCT JEE Exam was given by 32,603 aspirants. They appeared for seats in the B.Sc program of Hotel Management in 71 institutions across India. Some of the key highlights of the NCHMCT exam 2021 can be found below.
|Exam Name||National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Course Offered||B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration|
|Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||3 hours i.e. 180 minutes|
|Total No. of Questions||200|
|Topics||Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude,
General Knowledge & Current Affairs,
Reasoning, and Logical Deduction,
English Language, and Aptitude for Service Sector
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for the Correct Answers
-1 mark for Incorrect Answers
0 for Unanswered/Marked for Review
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|No. of Colleges accepting NCHMCT JEE 2021||71|
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Dates
Application Form will be available on the NTA website from the first week of January, 2021. The last date to submit the Application Form will be in the first week of March, 2021. All the NCHMCT JEE 2021 Important Dates are mentioned below.
Admit Card: The NCHMCT JEE 2021 Admit Card will be released by the NTA online for all the aspirants.
Results: NCHMCT JEE 2021 Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks in the last week of May, 2021.
Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the NCHMCT JEE 2021 will be called for the counselling process, which will be held after the announcement of the NCHMCT result. The dates given below are tentative, and any changes will be updated here.
|NCHMCT JEE Events||Date|
|Issue of NCHMCT JEE 2021 Notification||Feb 3, 2021|
|NCHMCT JEE 2021 application form release date||Feb 3, 2021|
|Last date for submission of application form||Jun 20, 2021 (Upto 5:00 PM)|
|The start date for downloading of NCHMCT JEE 2021 admit card||2 weeks before the date of exam|
|NCHMCT JEE 2021 Entrance Exam Date||Postponed|
|NCHMCT JEE 2021 Result Date||To be announced|
|NCHMCT JEE 2021 Counselling||To be announced|
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Exam Dates 2021
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Eligibility
Aspirants should make sure that they fulfill the NCHMCT JEE eligibility criteria 2021 before they start filling the application form. According to NCHMCT eligibility criteria, candidates have to meet the age limit as well as the minimum required academic qualification.
Education: Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with English as a mandatory subject from a recognized Board of Education.
Final Class: Candidates pursuing their final exam of class 12th are also eligible to apply for NCHMCT JEE with a valid certificate for proof.
Age Limit: For the candidates from the General and O.B.C. category, the upper age limit is 25 years as of 01-07-2020. Candidates born on or after 01-07-1995 are eligible. For candidates belonging to the ST/SC categories, the upper age limit will be 28 years.
Physical Fitness: A physical fitness certificate has to be produced by the candidates during the time of admission.
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Eligibility 2021
NCHMCT 2021 Seat Reservation
Candidates from certain categories applying for the NCHMCT JEE exam are provided with some specific relaxations by the conducting authorities. The seat reservation for different categories for NCHMCT JEE Exam are mentioned in the table below.
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Other backward Caste (OBC- NCL)||27%|
|Physically Disabled (PD)||5%|
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Application Form
Application Form is available on the official website from Feb 3, 2021. The last date to submit the Application Form is June 20, 2021. Candidates have to keep the following document and information ready before they fill the NCHMCT JEE Application Form 2021.
Upload Documents: NCHMCT JEE 2021 Candidates have to upload the recently taken passport size photograph (3 months old) and signature.
Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay a registration fee online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) as mentioned below for different category:
|General/ OBC||INR 800|
|SC/ ST/ PH||INR 400|
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Application Form 2021
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Admit Card
The Admit Card will be released by the NTA (Exam Conducting Body) online for all the aspirants, the candidate will not be allowed to enter the exam centre other than the allotted centre for him/her in their Admit Card. Candidate must carry any one government id proof such as Voter Id, P.A.N. Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
The NCHMCT JEE 2021 admit cards will be available 15 days before the exam. It will contain the Roll number and Centre, among other details, and candidates can download it from nchmjee.nta.nic.in using their NCHMCT JEE 2021 credentials (Contact Number, D.O.B., etc.).
Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the NCHMCT JEE Admit Card 2021 and Confirmation Page, the candidate must immediately approach the authority.
Note: If a candidate cannot download his/her NCHMCT JEE Admit Card and the Undertaking Form of COVID19, they can write an email to [email protected] Also, the candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card and the exam bulletin carefully and follow them during the examination.
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Admit Card 2021
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Centre
The NCHMCT JEE 2021 will be conducted at 86 Centres in 33 major cities across India. The candidates may choose one NCHMCT Exam Centre as there choice of location.
Availability: The efforts will be made to allocate the city of the exam to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their NCHMCT JEE 2021 Application Form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city or nearby area may be allotted. So, a candidate is suggested to locate Exam Centre in advance to avoid any last-minute problem.
- Candidates have to bring an Undertaking Form (Self Declared) printed on an A4 Size Paper. You can download it from the official NTA website.
- NCHMCT JEE Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
- PwD Candidates must bring their Certificates in order to avail the benefits and relaxation under the category.
- Candidates must drop their 'duly filled NCHMCT JEE 2021 Admit Cards' into a dropbox available at the Exam Centre, failing to do so will result in the voiding of your examination.
- NTA has set special rules regarding NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Centres, and these are available in an Instruction Bulletin.
Read More: NCHMCT Exam Centres 2021
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Pattern
NCHMCT JEE 2021 will be conducted online, i.e. Computer-Based Test (C.B.T.). The candidate needs to know the NCHMCT JEE 2021 Exam Pattern to perform well in the exam.
Question Type: The question paper will have 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
Topics: The NCHMCT JEE 2021 question paper will comprise five parts, i.e., Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, English Language, and Aptitude for Service Sector.
Duration: The NCHMCT JEE 2021 time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours, i.e. 180 minutes.
Medium: The NCHMCT JEE 2021 question paper will be in both English and Hindi. The candidates can choose the medium in which they would like to attempt their exam.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|Language - English||60|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern 2021
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for NCHMCT JEE 2021 will be based on subjects from class 11th and class 12th. The NCHMCT JEE 2021 Syllabus will comprise of the following topics Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, English Language, and Aptitude for Service Sector.
Books: Candidates can refer to the books which are prescribed by the conducting authority for the preparation of NCHMCT JEE 2021.
How to prepare for NCHMCT JEE 2021
Here are a few tips and tricks we’ve listed below for you which can help you prepare well for the NCHMCT JEE 2021:
Try to Build your General Knowledge - Keep your general knowledge up to date. As General Knowledge and Current Affairs section is a crucial part of the NCHMCT JEE syllabus, most of the candidates often end up clueless about preparing for it. The best way to keep your G.K. up to date is by reading newspapers and general guidebooks.
Practice well for the exams - Make sure that you practice well enough for the NCHMCT JEE 2021 exam. And the best way to practice would be by solving previous year papers and by taking up mock tests. This would help you get familiarised with the NCHMCT syllabus and exam pattern.
Master time management - You need to master time management. You can do this by setting a deadline to solve a given number of questions. Try to solve NCHMCT JEE 2021 questions within the set time frame.
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Syllabus 2021
NCHM JEE 2020 Exam Analysis
The NCHM JEE 2020 examination was held on August 29, 2020. Overall, candidates found the exam difficulty leaning towards 'easy to moderate'. The National Testing Agency (NTA) made sure to take all precautionary steps to keep the aspirants safe from the Coronavirus. Hand sanitizers, face masks, and gloves were made mandatory as per the guidelines. The NCHM JEE (National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination) had the exam rules mentioned on the admit card. Candidates were allowed to visit the exam centre a day in advance. This move gave the students an idea of how safe the exam centre would be and avoid confusion concerning the seating arrangement.
NCHM Exam 2020 Subject Wise Analysis
The subject-wise analysis of the NCHM 2020 exam is mentioned below. Numerical ability and scientific aptitude were the most difficult among the lot. Read on to find out more about the subject-wise NCHM exam analysis.
- English Language: As per the candidates who appeared for the exam, most of the questions asked were from synonyms, prepositions, antonyms, and conjunctions. The overall difficulty of this section was easy-moderate. Questions based on reading comprehension were also relatively easy.
- Service Sector Aptitude: This section had mainly questions about the hotel industry and similar services. Candidates found this section to be the easiest. There was no right or wrong answer because the questions were based on the candidate's opinion.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: Static GK had a majority of the questions from history and science. Few questions appeared from current events. The section was moderate in difficulty.
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction: Most of the questions were based on blood relations, verbal reasoning, statements and assumptions, and series. The questions were easy, and this was one of the easiest papers in the NCHM JEE 2020 examination. Most of the candidates did not have problems with this section.
- Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude: Class 10 and 12 mathematics was asked. A few questions included wages, work, age, and time. This section was overall moderate in difficulty.
All the candidates followed social distancing, thermal checking, and compulsory wearing masks inside the exam hall. Aspirants were frisked with a handheld metal detector before appearing for the NCHM JEE 2020 exam. Candidates needed to produce the NCHM admit Card along with Photo ID proof and other necessary items such as a transparent ballpoint pen and transparent water bottle.
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Results
The NCHMCT JEE 2021 Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks.
Follow the steps mentioned below to check the result of NCHMCT JEE:
- Visit the official website of NCHMCT JEE.
- Click on 'NCHMCT JEE 2021 - NTA Score'
- Next, click on the link 'View NCHMCT JEE 2021 - NTA Score'
- Then enter your login credentials (application number, roll number, date of birth and security pin).
- Click on ‘sign in’ to check out the NCHMCT JEE Result 2021.
- Cut-off: All India merit list of candidates shall be prepared based on marks secured in the NCHMCT JEE Written Test.
- Re-evaluation/ Re-checking: There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking of the results. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
In case of a tie in NCHMCT JEE Scores of the Candidates?
- If the NCHMCT JEE candidate, who has managed to score higher marks in the English section, he/she will be ranked higher.
- In case of a further tie, then the marks in the Service Aptitude section will be considered. The candidate with higher marks in the section will be ranked higher.
- If there is still a tie after then, the older candidate will be ranked higher.
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Results 2021
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the NCHMCT JEE 2021 will be called for the counselling process which will be held in the last week of July, 2021, tentatively. NCHMCT JEE Counselling is conducted for admission in 25 Central IHMS, 21 State IHMS, and 24 Private Institutes. The counselling for PSU happens exclusively, for which the candidates have to apply separetely on the NCHMCT JEE Website.
Rounds: There shall be three rounds of Counseling based on merit.
Admission Fee: There is no fee for the registration of NCHMCT JEE Counselling 2021. However, the candidate will have to deposit Seat Acceptance Fee INR 40,000, which will be inclusive of part of the Ist Semester Fee.
Transfer/ Migration: National Council does not allow inter-institute transfer or migration on any ground during the entire duration since the Institute's allotment is done on merit-cum-choice only.
Counselling procedure flowchart is as given below-
|NCHMCT JEE Counselling Procedure|
|Online Registration||Online choice filling and choice locking||1st round of seat allotment||View Results and online and payment of seat acceptance fee|
|Document Verification||Vacancy due to not reporting, withdrawal and cancellation||Online Choice modification for 2nd round||2nd round of seat allotment|
|View Results and online and payment of seat acceptance fee (fresh allottee)||Report at the reporting centre for document verification (fresh allottee)||Vacancy due to not reporting, withdrawal and cancellation||Online fresh registration for 3rd and final round of counselling|
|Online fee payment for 3rd and final round||Online choice filling and choice locking for 3rd and final round||Seat allotment for 3rd and final round||Reporting at reporting centre for document verification(fresh allottee of 3rd round)|
|Reporting at the allotted institute||Online participating institute status update||Hostel allotment||Closing of admissions|
Details about Programme provided by NCHMCT JEE 2021
The NCHMCT offers B.Sc. in Hotel Administration & Hospitality, a duration six-semester program at all its affiliated institutes.
- NCHMCT JEE is also a gateway for Specialization at IHM - Chennai.
- The NCHMCT JEE 2021 candidates can also write the All India Entrance Examination, which is typical for both programs.
- JEE Written Test is common for all candidates for admission in Hotel Management.
- Students can opt for any one of the three Specialization viz: food & Beverage Management, Food Production Management, and Accommodation Operation Management.
- While the first three semesters are common for all the students, specialization subject will be from the 4th semester onwards. No change of stream/ specialization can be made after allocation.
- To become eligible for an award of degree in B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration by IGNOU, students must complete the NCHMCT component as full-time candidates in the affiliated Institutes of Hotel Management as well as to clear the credit papers offered by IGNOU during the study.
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Counselling 2021
NCHMCT JEE 2021 Reference Books
Go through the list of important NCHMCT JEE reference books given below to prepare yourself for NCHMCT Exam 2021. Candidates can start preparing for the exam by going through the reference books, mock test, previous year question paper.
Books for English Language Section
|NCHMCT JEE Books||NCHMCT JEE Books|
|Objective General English - S.P. Bakshi||English – From Plinth to Paramount (Vol-1 and 2) - Neetu Singh|
|Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations (English) - Hari Mohan Prashad||High School English Grammar & Composition Revised Edition (English) 1st Edition - Wren and Martin|
Read More: NCHMCT JEE Books 2021
Colleges accepting NCHMCT JEE 2021 Score
The ultimate benefit for students who are taking this exam is that they can get admission into the BSc Hospitality & Hotel Administration Courses offered in various colleges accepting the NCHMCT JEE Scores. The list of the relevant colleges is provided here below for your reference.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhopal
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhubaneswar
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- IHM, Gandhinagar
- IHM, Goa
- Institute of Hotel Management, Guwahati
Students aspiring to take admission into various IHM institutes can take this entrance exam.
NCHMCT JEE Helpline
Any queries that the candidates might have can be resolved by contacting - 8287471852, 8178359845, 9650173886, 9599676953, 8882356803.
- Address: National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology, A-34, Sector-62, Noida -201309
- Toll-Free Phone No: 1800 180 3151
What mediums are available for the NCHMCT JEE Exam?
There are two mediums available for the NCHMCT JEE Exam which are Hindi and English. Out of the two, candidates can choose their preferred language for the NCHMCT JEE Exam.
What is the type of the NCHMCT JEE Exam?
The NCHMCT JEE Exam is of objective type which means the NCHMCT JEE Exam will have Multiple Choice Questions i.e. MCQs
What is the mode of the NCHMCT JEE Exam?
The NCHMCT JEE Exam will be conducted online.
Is there negative marking for the NCHMCT JEE Exam?
Yes. There is negative marking for the NCHMCT JEE Exam. For every correct answer, the candidate will receive 4 marks and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted. For unanswered questions, candidates will lose 0.05 marks. Although for the service sector, the candidate will not lose or gain any marks for unanswered questions and will receive 4 marks for the right answer and lose 1 mark for the wrong one.
Which sections are there in the NCHMCT JEE Exam?
There are total of 5 sections in the NCHMCT JEE Exam namely General Knowledge and Current Affairs, English Language, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude.