About Dr YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad
Dr. Y.S.R. National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management began academic operations in October 2004 and formally inaugurated by the INC President Mrs. Sonia Gandhi on 16th March 2005. It was established under the provisions of Andhra Pradesh Societies Registration Act - 2001, with its campus located on a 30 acre verdant expanse in serene natural aesthetic settings interspersed with spots of rocky terrain and the undulating lake waters in the frontage abutting the main building. It is located in the Business and Education hub of Hyderabad at Gachibowli with a built-up area of about 2 lakh squarefoot in multiple blocks.
The Institute is determined to mould the students for a global environment, to instill character and values required for a responsible decision making in all professional and personal activities. The meticulously designed curriculum which is revised from time to time as the Industry warrants enables the students to develop skills in communications, critical thinking, ethics, interpersonal relationships, leadership and technology that are assimilated and applied in the professional courses of the college at the Post graduate, Undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate level programmes. A PLACE where comPLACEncy has no PLACE.
- To scale Zenithal heights of success and achievement and in benchmarking international standards in hospitality related management education, human resources development, rolling out specialists in multifarious sectors like travel and tourism, culinary and catering, food and beverage, nutrition and salubrity, event and ecology management AND to make its culminated contribution to transform the world a FUN - TASTIC place to live in.
- To be an epitome of excellence in tourism and hospitality education, training, consultancy and research.
- To cater to the training needs of managerial and supervisory levels in the industry sectors and for their guidance and assistance.
- Impart in-service training for practicing managers in Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship at the tourism facilities and service centres.
- To associate itself and work in tandem with international agencies in developing and benchmarking standards in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
"To instill necessary pep and zeal among the students and trainees to help develop a flair for management education and augmenting the pool of human resources sub-serving Tourism and Hospitality divisions by rolling out well groomed multi skilled masters who continuously seek to improve the relevance and quality to meet the industry needs and through interface to all sectors and facets of human endeavour"
Goals & Objectives
- To impart education to confer undergraduate, Post graduate and Doctoral degrees.
- To train and develop practices for improved perception and performance.
- To undertake research operations for new discoveries of knowledge and better usage.
- To facilitate consultancy services for innovative ideas and methods as well as to churn out suggestions for improvement in activities.