|Conducted By||World Nomads Private Limited|
|Eligibility||Aspiring travel photographers|
|Region||Indian and Other Countries|
|Rewards||A mentorship programme, global assignments, free flights and other benefits|
|Last Date of Application||November 19, 2020|
The Travel Photography Scholarships is a chance provided by the World Nomads Private Limited for aspiring travel photographers, filmmakers or writers to turn their passion into a profession. Every year talented travelers are sent into the field to capture the world’s stories and learn from seasoned industry professionals.
The Travel Photography Scholarship winners receive:
- Learning Experiences
- Mentorship from renowned travel storytellers
- Global assignments for real clients
- Winners from the past have gone on to work in film production, with major publishers, and have had their scholarship work broadcast to hundreds of thousands of people around the world
- This scholarship is not open to professional photographers of any kind. One scholarship is given every year.
Note: The application last date is tentative and can be changed at the provider's discretion.
Travel Photography Scholarship QuickLinks:
- Travel Photography Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Am I Eligible for the Travel Photography Scholarship?
Yes, you might be. The detailed eligibility criteria are as mentioned below:
- The candidate can be a resident of any country.
- The candidate should be 18 years old or above.
- The candidate should have a valid passport by the application deadline with at least 8 months validity.
- The candidate should not belong to World Nomads or any of the collaborating company, parent company, and should not be an immediate family member to the employees of World Nomads.
What are the Rewards and Benefits of the Scholarship?
For those of you who have no clue regarding the various benefits offered for the scholarship shortlisted candidates, the detailed rewards are mentioned below:
- Free Flights: Round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to destination airport.
- Professional Mentorship: Chance to improve your skills with mentorship from professional travel photographer Richard I’Anso.
- 10-day Trip: Accommodation, local transport, activity and food costs organized by World Expeditions.
- Photography Guide: A copy of Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Photography by Richard I’Anson.
- Backpacks and Travel Gear: Travel with innovative, high-quality outdoor packs from Osprey.
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance for the trip will be provided by World Nomads.
- Visa Expenses: Cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations if necessary.
How can I Apply for Travel Photography Scholarship:
The application process is simple and can be done in 3 steps. The step-by-step process is:
- Shoot a 5 image photo story of a place you visited.
- Write an essay expressing your passion for photography.
- Complete the Online Application Form by clicking here.
- Once you apply, you will not be able to edit your application, so please make sure you are completely satisfied with your application before you hit the submit button.
- One application per person.
How does the Scholarship Selection Process take place?
The Scholarship winner will be selected by a panel of judges which includes three independent judges who will select the best overall application from a review of all eligible applications. The detailed selection process is mentioned below:
- The 3 judges of the selection panel include Richard I'Anson, Alison Wright, and Jody MacDonald.
- Features the judges are looking in your photo story:
- Capture an original subject and your original perspective
- Convey a compelling and cohesive story
- Present your excellent technique and creative composition
- Be supported by complementary, thoughtful captions
- The scholarship winner, along with the list of the best photo essays, will be published on the World Nomads website.
- If the winner has not accepted the prize within 3 days, the next best application will be selected as the winner.
- E-mail ID: [email protected]
- Contact Number: +353 21 237 8009, +612 8263 0470 (Australia), +353 21 237 8005 (UK), +1-855-878-9588 (US), +86 10 8468 5628 (China)