|Conducted By||The Times of India|
|Eligibility||Students from class X to class XII|
|Rewards||Dell laptop and a possible admission at Bennett University|
|Last Date of Application||October 23, 2020|
The Times scholarship offers scholarship opportunities to students studying from class X to class XII. The Times of India, which is a part of the Times group, provides the Times scholarship. The candidates can check the Times scholars results on the official website. The organisers select 200 students every year for the programme. The Times scholarship programme has two levels. They are:
- Level I - The students in class X and class XI can apply to the level I of Times scholarship.
- Level II - The students in class XII can apply to the level II of Times scholarship.
Note: The last date mentioned above is tentative and could be changed at the provider's discretion.
Table of Contents
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for Times Scholarship?
- Selection Criteria
- Evaluation Process
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Times Scholarship - Eligibility Criteria
The Times scholars 2021 programme aims to encourage students to develop a reading habit and nurture them into being responsible citizens with a holistic understanding of our environment. The candidates should fulfil the following requirements to apply for the Times scholars 2021 programme:
- The candidates should be Indian citizens.
- Students studying from class X to class XII can apply for the scholarship.
Times Scholars - Rewards
The committee will select 100 students at each level, that is, level I and II. These students will receive the following benefits of the Times of India scholarship 2021 programme:
- For level I: The top students in class X and class XI will receive a Dell laptop.
- For level II: The top students in class XII receive a Dell laptop.
- The selected candidates at level II will also get an opportunity to pursue an undergraduate degree at the distinguished Bennett University. They will receive the Times scholarship for one year. However, the candidates should meet the eligibility criteria of Bennett University to avail of this benefit.
Times Scholarship - How to Apply?
The candidates need not pay Times scholars 2021 registration fee while applying for the Times scholarship. It is freely available to all the students from class X to class XII. The candidates should first register themselves on the Times scholars website. The candidates should attend the final examination and interview to evaluate their knowledge and understanding skills. The selected students will receive the benefits of the Times of India scholarship 2021 programme. The detailed procedure to apply for the Times scholars 2021 is as follows:
Step 1 - Times scholar registration
- The candidates should submit the Times scholar registration online through the official website by clicking here.
Step 2 - Reading phase
- The Times of India newspaper will print an article every day for a total of 50 days.
- It will cover a wide range of topics such as current affairs, science and technology, sports, politics, social news, education, global developments, etc.
- The candidates can find the articles under the header 'Times scholars'.
Step 3 - Practice tests and presentations
- The organisers will conduct online tests for candidates to practice every week.
- The organisers will design the Times of India scholarship test based on the weekly Times scholars 2021 articles.
- Each practice test will contain three stories.
- Each article story will have six questions.
- The candidates should answer the online Times of India scholarship test in 15 minutes.
- The candidates should prepare a PowerPoint presentation to summarise the articles and share their views twice during the Times scholarship programme.
- They should upload the PowerPoint presentation on the Times scholarship website.
Step 4 - The Final Examination
- The organisers will conduct a final examination followed by an interview.
- The organisers will conduct the Times of India scholarship exam 2021 online.
- The final Times scholars exam will assess the candidate's understanding and perspective.
- The final Times of India scholarship exam 2021 will contain eleven stories. Each story will have six questions, and the candidates should answer them within 60 minutes.
Times Scholarship - Selection Criteria
The organisation will select Times of India Times scholars based on their cumulative scores. The detailed process involved in the selection of Times scholars 2021 are as follows:
- After the final Times scholars examination, the organisers will select the candidates based on the cumulative score. The cumulative score includes the candidate's participation score and the marks obtained by them in the final Times scholars examination.
Note: Cumulative score is marks scored by the candidate in the practice tests and PowerPoint presentations.
- The shortlisted candidates with the top cumulative score should attend a face-to-face interview.
- The committee will choose 100 Times of India Times scholars from each level. (level 1 and level 2).
- Finally, the organisers will invite the selected Times of India Times scholars to a felicitation ceremony.
Times Scholars - Evaluation Process
The organisers will evaluate the candidates in each stage, reading, final Times scholars exam and interview. The committee will evaluate the candidates based on the following criteria:
For Times scholarship reading phase
- The Times scholarship tests will consist of six practice tests in the Times scholarship's reading phase.
- The candidates should summarise the stories.
- They can either upload or send it in a PowerPoint format on two separate occasions during the Times of India scholarship programme.
- The organisers will inform the candidates regarding the dates and time of the test and presentation.
- Each practice test and presentation will carry one mark.
- The participation mark will be part of the cumulative score.
- The candidates who miss a Times scholarship test or a presentation deadline will lose one mark.
- The total participation score that is practice tests' score and presentation score is eight marks.
- Candidates who fail to participate in either a practice test or presentation can still attend the final Times scholars examination.
- The candidates should complete the practice tests and the presentation only through the online mode.
For the final Times scholars exam
- The candidates can appear for the Times scholars exam through their laptop, mobile, PC or tablet.
- The candidates should prepare for the Times scholars exam by reading and internalising the 'Times scholars' articles in the Times of India newspaper for fifty days.
- The candidates should attempt eleven stories in the final examination. There will be six questions in each story, and the candidate should answer all the questions to clear the Times scholars exam. Therefore, the final Times scholars exam will consist of 66 questions, and the students should attempt them within 60 minutes.
- Each question in the Times of India scholarship programme final exam will carry two marks. Therefore, the total score of the final Times scholars exam is 132.
- The candidates can use the Times scholar login feature to check their results and select selected candidates.
For Times scholars cumulative marks
- If the students have a tie in their scores, the committee will consider the time taken to complete the Times scholars examination for evaluation. Therefore, the committee will shortlist the students who finished the final Times scholars exam in the least amount of time.
- The selection committee will prepare the first shortlist based on the cumulative scores.
- The Times scholarship 2021 interview will be part of the final phase of evaluation.
- The organisers will declare the list of selected candidates as Times scholars.
In case of any queries regarding the Times of India scholarship, the candidates can reach out to the office. The phone lines are available from Monday to Friday between 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
|Email ID||[email protected]|
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.