|Conducted By||The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India [OCSI]|
|Eligibility||Indian citizens below 30 years of age|
|Rewards||Maximum available scholarship is of INR 3,00,000|
|Last Date of Application||May 1, 2021|
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship [OCSI] Summary:
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India [OCSI] Scholarships are offered to students who want to pursue an education at the University of Oxford or Cambridge and are in need of financial aid. The scholarship scheme includes undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research courses as part-cost awards. The scholarships are being offered to students for 50 years and are based on equal opportunity in offering scholarships. Levels of study for which scholarships are provided:
- One-year post-graduate courses like M.Phil., LLM, BCL, etc.
- Masters programs of various durations like M.Sc., Science, and Engineering that are taught and research-based.
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/ Senior Status.
- Bachelor's degree program.
- Research driving towards a Ph.D. degree.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- The candidate must be ordinarily residing in India.
- The candidate must not exceed 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award.
- The candidate must be graduated from any Indian university if applying for a second undergraduate or for a postgraduate course or be from a school in India if applying for an undergraduate course.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards.
- The candidate must have applied for and secured admission to pursue a full‐time course at the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge.
- The candidate must present their admission proof before the granting of the scholarship, and address proof of residing in Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarships funds are released.
- The candidate must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the normal academic procedures of admission.
- The candidate must not be a close family member of the Executive Committee of The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India.
- The candidate must not be receiving similar scholarship support from any other organization.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship Rewards:
The financial support through the scholarship scheme is as follows:
- OCSI scholarship(s) worth INR 3,00,000 is tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
- One scholarship worth INR 1,00,000 is tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge (India) Trust.
- One scholarship worth INR 1,00,000 is tenable only at St. Hilda’s College, University of Oxford, from Ritika Dhamija.
Other Benefits offered are:
- Letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies.
- A financial award of scholarship.
- Assistance in quick education loan from an Indian financial institution, based on the OCSI Scholarship letter, with automatic loan qualification-status from a leading financial institution.
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India.
- Mentoring by a member of OCSI who will have to support the OCSI scholar during his/ her stay at Oxford/ Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance.
- Assistance from OCSI for reintegration to the professional environment of India.
Note: At least one scholarship is given annually but the number and value of awards may vary per year.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship [OCSI] Application Process:
- Application forms for the scholarship will be available on the official website of OCSI by February, every year.
- All completed applications must reach the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India by 15 May 2021.
- Last Date for Submission of Application Forms: May 2021
- Short-listing of Candidates for Interview: June 2021
- Announcement of Scholarship Awards: July 2021
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship [OCSI] Selection Process:
- The criteria for selecting candidates for the scholarship awards are the candidate's academic excellence, a good fit between the scholar and the university, evidence of leadership potential and a commitment to improving the lives of others, particularly in India.
- The announcement about the scholarship will be sent to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the British Council and a designated list of Indian colleges by February.
- The short-listed candidates shall be informed by July 2019, and later called for an interview.
- The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the shortlisting and selection of candidates shall be final.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to attend an interview with the OCSI scholarship committee in New Delhi.
- The final award offer may be made to selected candidates within two weeks of the scholarship interviews being held.
- No traveling charges will be paid to the candidates shortlisted for interview for coming to Delhi.
- Award offers will generally be made to the selected candidates by the end of July.
Key Scholarship Parameters taken into consideration for evaluation:
- Candidates will be evaluated on three broad dimensions, i.e, soft skills, hard skills, and means.
- Soft skills comprise of presentation skills, thinking ability, demeanor, confidence, etc.
- Hard skills comprise of academic records, knowledge, and grip in the field of study, impact on society in general, willingness to contribute to India, extra academics, etc.
- Means comprise of the candidates' ability to convince the concerned authorities of their current financial status as to why they deserve the scholarship (candidates should support their arguments with documents and proofs).
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship Contact Details:
- Address: Secretary OCSI, C/O Bharat Kumar, 366, Sector 15-A, NOIDA, 201301
- E-mail: [email protected]