|Conducted By||Department of Biotechnology and the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Candidates with a postgraduate degree (medical science, engineering), PhD degree (life sciences, agriculture, veterinary science) or an equivalent degree (biotechnology or related areas)|
|Rewards||Up to INR 6,00,000|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
Tata Innovation Fellowship, a highly ambitious scheme initiated by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India to recognize and reward scientists with an outstanding track record in biological sciences. Tata Innovation Fellowship is for experienced professionals who have completed their Ph.D. and is interested in carrying out research in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology. The scheme aims to reward work in various disciplines as well where major interest is on innovation and translational research with a potential towards commercialization. 5 awards are given every year to scientists with exceptional work record. The scheme also upholds the agenda to facilitate interdisciplinarily work emphasizing translational and innovation research which opens a gateway to research commercialization. Eligible candidates should submit their applications with the Tata Innovation Fellowship last date, November 30th, 2021.
Tata Innovation Fellowship Quick Links:
- Tata Innovation Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Tata Innovation Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
The scholarship scheme is designed exclusively for candidates interested in research and further studies about Biotechnology and other related Bioscience and research areas. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The applicant should be an Indian National.
- The applicant’s age should be less than 55 years at the time of applying for the fellowship.
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. degree (Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science) or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology or Biotechnology related areas.
- The applicant should have 5 years of working experience in India.
- The applicant should have a regular permanent position at a University/Institute/Organization and should be involved in the research and development department.
- The applicant should not be benefiting from any other similar scholarship scheme or try to be opting for another scholarship scheme.
Tata Innovation Fellowship Rewards:
|Monthly Stipend||INR 25,000|
|Contingency Grant||INR 6,00,000 per year|
|Number of Scholarships||5 per year|
|Duration of Scholarship||Initially 3 but extensible to 2 more years (on fresh appraisal)|
Tata Innovation Fellowship Application Process:
Candidates apply online as well as offline. the detailed application procedure of Tata Innovation Fellowship is mentioned below:
- Application Form: The application form can be downloaded from the Tata innovation fellowship official website. Soft and Hard copies of the application should reach the committee.
- Candidates can download the application form by clicking here.
- Submission of the form: 6 copies of the application form has to reach the following address:
- Dr. Kakali Dey Dasgupta, Scientist “E”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology,
- Room No.814, 8th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003
- Soft copy of the application should be sent to [email protected]
Tata Innovation Fellowship Selection Process:
The selection of candidates for Tata Innovation Fellowship is based on:
- Significant research contributions made in his/her area of research.
- Membership in Scientific/Societies/other Professional bodies.
- Major research projects/programs implemented during the last 5 years.
- Relevance in the proposed area of research & summary of the proposed work to be carried out.