|Conducted By||SERB, DST, Govt. of India, IUSSTF and WINStep Forward|
|Eligibility||Indian citizens who are currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree|
|Rewards||Stipend, Health Insurance, Airfare|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
SN Bose Scholarship Summary:
The SN Bose Scholarship is a collective initiative of the Science & Engineering Board [SERB], Department of Science and Technology [DST], Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum [IUSSTF] and WINStep Forward to provide financial aid and a platform to highly meritorious Indian Students to pursue their further studies from top universities in the US. The scholarships are merit-based and students from the top Indian colleges for respective disciplines with significant work and contribution in their topics receive the scholarship. The students enrolled in degree courses in the following disciples can apply for the fellowship:
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Earth Sciences
SN Bose Scholarship Quick Links:
- SN Bose Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- SN Bose Scholarship Rewards/ Benefits
- SN Bose Scholarship Application Process
- SN Bose Scholarship Selection Process
- SN Bose Scholarship Contact Details
SN Bose Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Indian Citizens who are currently pursuing a Master's or Bachelor's degree in the above-mentioned courses and disciplines from a recognized institute from India are eligible for the SN Bose scholarship. The detailed eligibility criteria are as mentioned below:
- Ph.D. Students are not eligible for the fellowship.
- Candidates who will take at least a year to complete their program are eligible to apply.
- Applications will only be accepted as nominations from the departments of the institute.
- Thus candidates must be in the "top 2 candidates of the department" from their institute.
SN Bose Scholarship Rewards:
The Rewards or Benefits of the SN Bose Scholarship are mentioned below.
- Candidates are given rewards based on college expenses.
- Depending on the expenses the candidates' have to bear, Candidates can avail for the scholarship benefits.
- Roundtrip airfare will be provided.
- Health Insurance of the candidate will be covered during the tenure of the degree.
- The candidates will also be given a stipend for their stay in the US.
SN Bose Scholarship Application Process:
Interested candidates have to apply online for the scholarship. The detailed application process is as mentioned below:
- Candidates must register their profile and sign in through the online application portal.
- Candidates will receive a verification link to confirm their profile on their registered email ID.
- Log in and click on "Apply for starting the application".
- Candidates must enter all the required information into the form.
- Click on the save button at the bottom of the form to save the details.
- Once the candidate has entered and verified all the details entered, he/ she can submit the application form.
- Finally, the candidates can download a PDF file of their application form submitted through a download link sent to the registered email ID.
- All applications are email approved and provided with an online receipt.
- Candidates must fill in the application form in English and once submitted, the application form cannot be edited or changed.
- Candidates have to fill in a separate application form for each discipline.
- Candidates should limit the use of capital letters only to the necessary locations.
- Change of address needs to be informed to the program officer immediately if there is any after the submission of the application form.
- Candidates must give an elaborate report of the statement of purpose and research experience boxes to clearly and legibly explain their work and aspirations for the scholarships to the one reviewing it.
- Candidates must attach the official inked letter of references with one compulsorily being from their teacher or tutor.
SN Bose Scholarship Selection Process:
The candidates' application form will be reviewed thoroughly, taking into regards, the statement of purpose, fulfillment of eligibility criteria, research experience, letters of references, etc. The candidate will be informed about their selection via mail.
SN Bose Scholarship Contact Details:
- Address: Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, Fullbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi - 110001
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.iusstf.org