|Conducted By||SERB, DST, Government of India, the Indo-U.S Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward|
|Eligibility||Indian citizens who are pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree|
|Region||India and other countries|
|Rewards||Stipend, health-insurance and flight tickets|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2020|
The SN Bose scholarship is a collective initiative of the Science & Engineering Board [SERB], Department of Science and Technology [DST], Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum [IUSSTF] and WINStep Forward. The objective of the SN Bose scholarship is to provide financial aid and a platform to highly meritorious Indian students aspiring to pursue higher studies in top universities in the US. The SN Bose scholarship program is merit-based. The organisation will select students from the top Indian colleges with significant work and contributions in their respective disciplines. The selected students will receive an SN Bose scholarship stipend and other benefits.
Note: The organisers are not accepting applications for the SN Bose scholarship program this year. The last date mentioned above is tentative and can be changed at the provider's discretion.
The students enrolled in degree courses in the following disciples can apply for the SN Bose scholarship program:
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Earth Sciences
Table of Contents
- SN Bose Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- SN Bose Scholarship Rewards/ Benefits
- SN Bose Scholarship Application Process
- SN Bose Scholarship Selection Process
- SN Bose Scholarship Contact Details
SN Bose Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Indian citizens pursuing a master's or bachelor's degree in the selected courses and disciplines from a recognised Indian institute can apply to the SN Bose scholarship. They should ensure they meet the requirements to avoid rejections. The details of the SN Bose scholarship eligibility criteria are as mentioned below:
- PhD students are not eligible for the SN Bose scholarship program.
- Candidates who will take at least a year to complete their program can apply for the scholarship.
- The SN Bose scholarship applications will only be accepted as nominations from the departments of the institute.
- Candidates must be in the "top 2 candidates of the department" from their institute.
SN Bose Scholarship Rewards:
The selected candidates will receive a stipend, flight tickets and health insurance. The details of the SN Bose scholarship benefits are mentioned below.
- Candidates are given rewards based on the college expenses.
- Candidates can avail of the SN Bose scholarship benefits depending on their expenses.
- The organisers will provide roundtrip airfare.
- The Health Insurance of the candidate will be covered during the tenure of the degree.
- The candidates will also be given an SN Bose scholarship amount for their stay in the US.
How to Apply for SN Bose Scholarship?
Interested candidates can submit the SN Bose scholarship application forms online. They should visit the official website and fill in the details. Read below to know how to apply for SN Bose scholarship:
- Eligible candidates should click here to apply for the SN Bose scholarship.
- They should complete the registration process and obtain the SN Bose scholarship login credentials.
- Candidates will receive a verification link to confirm their profile on their registered email ID.
- Next, they should sign into their profile using the SN Bose scholarship login details.
- They should log in and click on "Apply for starting the application".
- Candidates must enter all the required information into the SN Bose scholarship application form.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the SN Bose scholarship application form to save the details.
- Once the candidate has entered and verified all the details entered, they can submit the application form.
- Finally, the candidates can download the PDF file of their SN Bose scholarship application form submitted through a download link sent to the registered email ID.
- All applications are Email approved and provided with an online receipt.
Terms and Conditions
The important terms and conditions of the SN Bose scholarship program are as follows:
- Candidates must fill in the SN Bose scholarship form in English. They cannot modify the details after submission.
- Candidates have to fill in a separate application form for each discipline.
- Candidates should limit the use of capital letters only to the necessary locations.
- Change of address needs to be informed to the program officer immediately if there is any after submitting the SN Bose scholarship form.
- Candidates must give an elaborate report of the statement of purpose and research experience. They should clearly and legibly explain their work and aspirations for the SN Bose scholarship program to the one reviewing it.
- Candidates must attach the official inked letter of references with one compulsorily being from their teacher or tutor.
The important timeline of S N Bose scholarship tabulated below is tentative and is subject to change:
|Particulars||SN Bose Scholarship Application Period|
|Start of internship||Mid of May|
SN Bose Scholarship Selection Process:
The organisers will review all the SN Bose scholarship forms thoroughly. They will consider the statement of purpose, fulfilment of SN Bose scholarship eligibility criteria, research experience, letters of references, etc. The candidate will receive the SN Bose scholarship 2021 results in their Email.
SN Bose Scholarship Contact Details:
The candidates can reach out to the helpdesk if they have any queries regarding the SN Bose scholarship program. The contact details are as follows:
- Address: Dr Chaitali Bhattacharya, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, Fullbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi - 110001
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Numbers: +91-11-42691700 , +91-11-23321552