|Conducted By||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Eligibility||Outstanding engineers, researchers and scientists from overseas who want to return to India for a research position|
|Rewards||Up to INR 1,35,000 per month|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2023|
The SERB Ramanujan fellowship recognises and rewards exceptional engineers and scientists below the age of 40 years. The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has launched the SERB Ramanujan fellowship to provide an opportunity to outstanding scientists and engineers from overseas aspiring to take up scientific research positions in India. The programme broadly covers all the areas of science. The selected fellows will receive up to INR 1,35,000 per month along with other benefits. The nominations for the Ramanujan fellowship from SERB are tentatively open throughout the year.
Note: The date mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change.
Table of Contents
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Eligibility Criteria of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
Young scientists, researchers and engineers who want to return from overseas to India can apply to the SERB Ramanujan fellowship. However, the applicants should fulfil all the requirements to be eligible for the fellowship. Listed below are the details of the SERB Ramanujan fellowship eligibility criteria:
- The applicants should have Indian nationalities.
- They should not be more than 40 years of age.
- They should hold a masters degree in engineering or technology, MD in medicine, PhD degree in science or engineering, etc.
- The nominees should be highly experienced.
- The candidates should hold an exceptional track record from their research publications.
- The applicants should not hold a contractual or a permanent position in any academic institution in India.
- Note: The candidates will become ineligible to receive the benefits of the SERB Ramanujan fellowship if the fellows obtain a regular position in a university or institution.
- They should be working in another country outside India at the time of the SERB Ramanujan fellowship nomination.
Rewards of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The selected fellows will receive a consolidated amount each month, a research grant and overhead expenses every year throughout the SERB Ramanujan fellowship programme. In addition, they will also receive research grants through funding schemes from several S&T agencies under the government of India. The details of the SERB Ramanujan fellowship rewards are as follows:
- The selected fellows will receive a consolidated amount of INR 1,35,000 per month, including HRA.
- They will also receive INR 7,00,000 per annum as research grants for travel, workforce, etc.
- The fellows will also receive an overhead charge of INR 60,000 per annum.
How to Apply for the SERB Ramanujan Fellowship?
The applicants can access the nomination forms on the official SERB website. However, they must register before filling in the form. The candidates should ensure they meet all the requirements and are eligible for the DST SERB Ramanujan fellowship. Below are the stepwise process to submit the nominations:
Step 1: The nominees should visit the official SERB website to register themselves.
Step 2: They should fill in the registration form and click on the submit button to obtain the login credentials.
Step 3: Next, they should log in with their credentials and fill in the details on the application form.
Step 4: The applicants should choose the SERB Ramanujan fellowship under form submission.
Step 5: After choosing the fellowship, they should fill in the SERB Ramanujan fellowship's nomination form with their details and the nominator's personal and qualification details.
Step 6: Next, they should convert the details of the proposed research into a PDF file and upload them while filling in the nomination form.
Note: The research proposal should not exceed five pages.
Step 7: After filling in the nomination form, the nominee should send it to the nominator.
Step 8: The nominator should submit the nomination form by post to the below address:
Dr Monika Agarwal, Science and Engineering Research Board, 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Plot No. A Community Centre, Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070.
Note: In case of any rectifications, the nominators will resend the form to the nominee.
Terms and Conditions of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The decisions made by the management are final and binding. The nominees should ensure they fulfil the eligibility criteria to avoid any rejections. Listed below are the terms and conditions of the DST SERB Ramanujan fellowship:
- The selected fellows can work in any S&T institution recognised by the Indian government. These institutions include departments of a university, national laboratories or educational institutions. However, the S&T institutions should provide administrative and R&D support to help the fellows with their research projects.
- SERB will not consider nomination from the PhD guides and the institute where the candidate has opted for a PhD degree.
- The SERB Ramanujan fellowship is open all through the year.
- The duration of the SERB Ramanujan fellowship is five years, and the candidates cannot extend the programme beyond that.
Selection Criteria of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The selection for the SERB Ramanujan fellowships involves a rigorous process. The board will specifically appoint a search-cum-selection committee for the periodical selection of the fellows. The nominations for the SERB Ramanujan fellowship are accepted throughout the year. Before the selection process, the applicants should ensure the following criteria are fulfilled:
- Individual scientists and technologists who are eligible should approach an S&T institution of their choice and request them to forward their nominations and host them for the fellowship.
- Only the head or academic personnel of an institution, university or organisation can submit the nominations for the SERB Ramanujan fellowship.
Contact Details of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The nominators should post the nomination forms to Dr Monika Agrawal Scientist F, the programme officer of the SERB Ramanujan fellowship. Tabulated below are the contact details of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB):
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Science and Engineering Research Board, 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Plot No. A Community Centre, Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070.|
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.