|Conducted By||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Eligibility||Academicians and researchers with a PhD degree|
|Rewards||The scheme will support individual or group of researchers working in an academic institution, national laboratory, or other institutions recognised by the R&D department in India|
|Last Date of Application||March 20, 2023|
The SERB core research grant (individual-centric) is offered by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) to motivate emerging and distinguished scientists. The objective is to provide research support to emerging scientists in the field of science and engineering. The last date to submit proposals under SERB Core Research Grant - CRG exponential technologies is March 20th, 2023.
Note: The date mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change.
Table of Contents
- SERB Core Research Grant Eligibility Criteria
- SERB Core Research Grant Rewards
- SERB Core Research Grant How to Apply?
- SERB Core Research Grant Important Documents
- SERB Core Research Grant Selection Criteria
- SERB Core Research Grant Terms and Conditions
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
SERB Core Research Grant Eligibility Criteria
Candidates with a strong desire for science and engineering can apply to the SERB core research grant 2023. The other requirements to apply for the programme are as follows:
- The candidates should be citizens of India.
- They should be academicians or researchers and hold a position in an academic institution, national laboratory or an R & D institution recognised by the Indian government.
- The principal investigator or co-investigator should have a PhD degree in one of the following fields:
- Doctor of Medicine [MD]
- Master of Science [MS]
- Master of Dental Surgery [MDS]
- Master of Veterinary Science [MVSc]
SERB Core Research Grant Rewards
The selected scientists of the SERB core research grant 2023 will receive individual-centric funds to pursue their research program. The SERB will fund the research for three years, and the scientists will receive the following benefits:
- The programme offers support to an individual scientist or a group of scientists working in an academic institution, national laboratory or R & D institutions recognised by the Indian government.
- The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) will offer overheads to the institutions providing the research program.
- The SERB research grants will provide equipment, human resources, consumables, travel and contingency.
SERB Core Research Grant How to Apply?
The interested candidates can apply to the SERB core research grant online. The steps to apply for the SERB core research grant (individual-centric) program are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates can click here to obtain the application form.
Step 2 - They should fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Step 3 - The candidates should enter the CAPTCHA and agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 4 - They should click on 'submit' to complete the application form.
SERB Core Research Grant Important Documents
The candidates should submit the correct documents containing factual and accurate information. They should upload the documents in PDF format. While uploading the files, the applicants should ensure it does not exceed 10 MB in size. The mandatory documents to be submitted while applying for SERB core research grant 2023 are:
- The candidate's updated and detailed CV
- A certificate from the Principal Investigator (PI)
- An endorsement letter from the head of an institution
SERB Core Research Grant Selection Criteria
The SERB core research grant program enables scientists to conduct research science and engineering. The candidates are selected based on the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) 's recommendations. The PAC constitutes the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) members.
SERB Core Research Grant Terms and Conditions
The candidates applying to the SERB core research grant 2023 program can refer to the following terms and conditions:
- The candidates cannot apply for more than one proposal at a time.
- They cannot pursue more than one project during the programme.
- The selected scientists should upload the equipment quotations within one month after the SERB approves their project.
Tabulated below are the contact details of different fields:
|Earth & Atmospheric Sciences||011-40000343|
|Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering & Robotics, Civil, Infrastructure & Transportation Engineering||011-40000308|
|Organic Chemistry||011- 40000381|
|Chemical & Environmental Engineering||011-40000382|
|Materials, Mining & Minerals||011-40000308|
|Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Microbiology||011-40000062|
|Inorganic & Physical Chemistry||011- 40000381|
|Electrical, Electronics & Computer Engineering||011-40000322|
|Interdisciplinary Biological Sciences||011-40000345|
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.
SERB Core Research Grant (Individual Centric) FAQs
When is the SERB core research grant last date?
The SERB core research grant last date is March 8th, 2021.
How can I apply to the SERB core research grant 2021?
The candidates can apply to the SERB core research grant by filling the application form available online and submitting it with the necessary documents.
How are th researchers selected for the SERB core research grant?
The candidates are selected based on the recommendations of SERB's Program Advisory Committee (PAC).