|Conducted By||Tsinghua University in Beijing|
|Eligibility||Undergraduates below 29 years of age|
|Rewards||Tuition Fee Waiver and $4000|
|Last Date of Application||September 27, 2020|
Schwarzman Scholars Program Summary:
Schwarzman Scholars Program is offered to the bright individuals internationally to pursue a Master's Degree in Global Affairs. Its main agenda was to provide a platform for talented individuals for them to emerge out as global leaders and bridge China with the rest of the world. It gives the students an opportunity to develop their leadership skills and networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. The key aspirations of intellectual engagement, professional development, and cultural exchange, the students learn from one another help them to pursue their academic disciplines while building their leadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world and create a growing network of global leaders that will build strong ties between China and the rest of the world. The scholars are allowed to pursue the following disciplines :
- Public Policy
- International Studies
Schwarzman Scholars Program Quick Links:
- Schwarzman Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Schwarzman Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria:
International Undergraduates are eligible for the scholarship. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidates must be less than 29 years of age as of 1st August of the Schwarzman Scholars Program commencement year.
- Candidates must have a completed undergraduate degree from a recognized institute by 1st August.
- Candidates should have a minimum TOEFL PBT score of 600.
- Candidates should have a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 100.
- Candidates should have a minimum IELTS score of 7.
- The English Language criteria have to accredited by the above-mentioned exams if English is not the native language of the candidate.
- Married applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Academic excellence will be a criterion for granting of the scholarship, however, there are no minimum Grade Point Average criteria for candidates.
Schwarzman Scholars Program Rewards:
Scholars benefit a number of grants and waivers under the Schwarzman Scholars Program. The Schwarzman Scholars are the highest priority of international students with respect to China's international aid for scholarships. The detailed rewards list is as mentioned below:
- 100% Tuition Fee is waived off.
- Accommodation of the scholar is taken off.
- Roundtrip airfare at the end of the academic year will be covered under the scholarship.
- Scholars will be given an in-country study tour.
- Scholars will be supplied with the required course books and supplies.
- Health Insurance of the scholars will be taken care off under the scholarship grants.
- Schwarzman Scholars will be granted $4000 for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholars Program Application Process:
Interested candidates have to apply online for the scholarship. The detailed scholarship application process is mentioned below:
- The deadline for applying is 11:59 PM EDT on September 27 for the Class of 2021-2022.
- Candidates must apply online on schwarzmantsinghua.hobsonsradius.com
- Candidates will be required to submit a 2-page resume.
- Candidates will be required to submit their academic records, Scholastic transcripts, and all other related academic reports
- Candidates will have to submit at least 3 letters of Recommendation.
- There may be a video call session as well.
Schwarzman Scholars Program Selection Process:
- Candidates' selection will be merit-based and competitive.
- Academic excellence, societal contribution, demonstration of leadership qualities all play a role for a candidates selection.
- The authenticity of the letter of recommendation matters too.
- Candidates will also be judged on certain criteria like solving workplace tasks, cultural miscommunication, situational challenges, etc.
- Candidates will be submitting an essay of purpose, the quality of which also determines their selection.
- Candidates will be informed online about their selection.