|Conducted By||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability|
|Eligibility||Students of Graduate, Post-Graduate and Diploma Courses|
|Rewards||Maintenance Allowance, Book Grant and Disability Allowances|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities is conducted by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability (DEPD). The scholarship provides full financial support to disabled students pursuing courses in graduation, post-graduation and Diploma level in 240 notified institutes identified by (DEPwD).
The disability Scholarship has been earmarked to students with at least 40 percent disability were 50 percent of the total Scholarships are reserved to girl students. Disabled students with an overall annual income not exceeding INR 600000 can apply for the Scholarship before 31 October through the National Scholarship Portal.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Scholarship Renewal
- Application Process
- Important Documents
- Additional Details
- Important Dates
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility conditions for the scholarship are given below:
- The applicant must be of an Indian origin.
- The Scholarship is strictly reserved to students with more than 40 percent disability.
- Applicant must be studying in graduation, post-graduation or Diploma in notified institutions identified by the DEPwD.
- The overall family annual income should not exceed INR 6.00 lakh.
- Scholars already benefiting under any Scheme are not eligible to apply.
- More than two persons with disability from the same family of the same parents are not encouraged to apply.
Note: From the available Scholarships each year 50 percent of Scholarships are reserved to girl students.
Application Process for Scholarships for Top Class Education:
Eligible students can apply online for the Top Class Education Scheme for SwDs:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on New Registration on the home page.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the Scholarship details and personal details.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on Register button after giving Aadhar number/Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to fill the form correctly, hence no changes can be made once the application is submitted. The Scholarship management shall not encourage multiple applications as it will lead to the form cancellation.
Scholarships for Top Class Education Rewards and Benefits:
The Scholarship Scheme provides allowances for maintenance, disability, and books. The Scheme disburses the reimbursement for various expenses:
- INR 2.00 lakh has been allocated for the reimbursement of tuition fee and non-refundable charges.
- Maintenance Allowance
- INR 3000 per month for hostellers and INR 1500 per month for day scholars.
- INR 2000 per month as Special Allowance.
- INR 5000 per year for books and stationery.
- One time allowance of INR 30,000 for reimbursement of expenses for purchasing a computer with accessories.
- One time allowance of INR 30,000 for reimbursement of expenses for purchasing aids and assistive devices such as:
For the Blind or Low Vision:
- Brailer Typewriter.
- Screen reading/Screen magnification software and laptop.
- Mobile phone accessibility and Talk software.
- ‘Daisy’ recorder and player.
For the Hearing Disabled:
- Hearing aid.
- Cell phone.
- Laptop with Wi-Fi facility.
The specified conditions for the Scholarship Reservations are as follows:
- A total number of 300 seats are reserved under the Scholarship Scheme.
- 50 percent of allowance scheme is earmarked for girl students with disabilities.
- The absence in filling up the quota will transfer the quota to male candidates.
Scholarships for Top Class Education Renewal:
The Scholarship shall be renewed on the basis of satisfactory progress and good conduct of the student:
- The Scholar must maintain regularity in attendance to avail Scholarship renewal.
- The student must be successfully promoted to the next higher class.
- If a Scholar fails to appear in the final examination due to illness or any other unforeseeable situations, the Scholarship Renewal may be generated for the next year on the basis of submission of medical proof or other satisfactory proof.
Below mentioned is the list of documents required for the Scholarship Scheme:
- Photograph of the applicant.
- Birth Certificate or any valid proof of age.
- Disability Certificate.
- Family Income Certificate.
- Fee receipt of the current course.
- Mark sheet of the previous final examination.
- Bank account details.
Scholarship Additional Details:
Publicity of the Scheme:
The Scheme will be announced by the concerned State/Union Territory administration through the suitable means of public media and website to bring the information to the target group.
Administrative expenses are the expenses carried out by the Ministry in order to obtain skilled personnel for the required operations of Pre-Metric Disability Scholarship Scheme. As the number of data is vast and the process is time taking, qualified people are mandatory to process and analyze data.
Expenses for the physical requirement such as office, computers, furniture, and employees are considered as Administrative Expenses. The Ministry has allocated a maximum of 3 percent of the total budget of the Scholarship to meet the administrative and other required costs.
Mode of Scholarship Disbursal
The Scholarship Scheme implements through the National Scholarship Portal. The Scholarship amount will be directly credited to the beneficiaries account through PFMS (Public Finance Management System) system and the Monitoring will be done by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
Scholarships for Top Class Education Important Dates:
- Last date of application: 31 December 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
The conditions to be followed during the tenure of internship are:
- The maintenance allowance will be disbursed from 1st April or from the month of admission.
- The Scholarship shall be canceled in case the student change the subject of the course.
- The Scholars are liable to refund the amount if he or she discontinues the course during the academic year.
- Under the observance of any false statement, Scholarship will be canceled and the amount shall be recovered, also the Scholar will be debarred from future Scholarship Schemes.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540