|Conducted By||Santa Fe Institute, New Mexico|
|Eligibility||Candidates with a PhD degree in any scientific discipline|
|Region||India and other countries|
|Rewards||An opportunity to collaborate with leading researchers, competitive salary and other benefits|
|Last Date of Application||October 24, 2021|
The Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship offered by Santa Fe Institute (SFI), New Mexico invites application from Ph.D. Scholars across the world for its Program Postdoctoral Fellowships and Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowships to undertake independent research which mostly matters for science and society.
Eligible researchers of any nationality can apply for the Omidyar Fellowship through the SFI portal for the 2022 postdoctoral program before the application deadline 24 October 2021 (11.59 PM MDT) for that selected fellows will be granted with collaboration funds, competitive salary and various other benefits for the three-year fellowship residence at Santa Fe Institute. The applications for 2023 will commence in August 2022.
Fellowship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease of access are mentioned below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Important Application Details
- Interview Details
- Important Documents
- Contact Details
Santa Fe Institute Omidyar Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
In order to apply for the Fellowship, US Citizenship is not mandatory. However, the candidate must be legally eligible to work in the US:
- The applicant must have a Ph.D. in any scientific discipline obtained within 6 years of the application deadline or successfully completed within 24th October 2021.
- Proof of the ability to think beyond the traditional archetype.
- The Scholar must have a proven interest in transdisciplinary research.
- Fellows should have proved the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Candidates with excellent academic records, strong computational and quantitative skills are eligible to apply.
Note: Members of the underrepresented group, women, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship program.
Santa Fe Institute Omidyar Fellowship Rewards and Benefits:
The SFI Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme is being funded by the gifts from philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Center for Biosocial Complex Systems collaborated with SFI and Arizona State University, individual donors and other sources:
- The Scholars will get the chance to work with leading researchers worldwide and discretionary.
- Postdoctoral Fellows can benefit collaborative funds.
- Candidates will be granted with a competitive salary.
- Along with salary researchers can avail other benefits including paid family leave.
- The institute will provide a J1 Visa for eligible Scholars.
Note: SFI will not be sponsoring an H1B Visa for researchers.
Application Process for Santa Fe Institute Omidyar Fellowship:
The applications from Scholars for the Postdoctoral Fellowships are accepted from Jul 29 2021 12:00 AM (MDT) till Oct 24 2021 11:59 PM (MDT):
- Visit the Santa Fe Institute official website.
- Click on the To Apply column.
- Register or Log in to the Survey Monkey Apply account.
- Complete the Applicant Form.
- Upload the CV, Statements and other required papers.
- Click on the Review & Submit box.
Santa Fe Institute Omidyar Fellowship Important Application Materials:
Below mentioned are the important application materials for the Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- CV-Curriculum vitae including the Scholars publications list.
- Statement of research interests- A maximum of two pages description about the interest of pursuing a particular research area.
- Statement of Interest in the Institution- A one-page description of the impact of SFI on the Scholars research.
- Letters of recommendation- Three letters of recommendation from Scholars who already know the researchers work. Once the application is completed, candidates are requested to provide the e-mail id of those three individuals. SFI will directly contact them and each recommender should upload the letters before the application deadline.
- An English written copy of the published or unpublished paper of the applicant (optional).
- Complete the Diversity Form (Optional).
Note: Every attachment should be in pdf files and after the completion of each session, an applicant should confirm it as Mark as Completed.
- Invitation for interviews is scheduled for early January 2022 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- All Fellows are expected to begin their appointment between June 2022 and October 2022.
- Application opening date: July 29th, 2021
- Application closing date: October 24th, 2021
Email ID: [email protected]
Address: Santa Fe Institute (Cowan Campus) , 1399 Hyde Park Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501, United States of America.