|Conducted By||Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd|
|Eligibility||Candidates in the first year of BE, BTech or dual degree (BTech + MTech)|
|Rewards||Up to INR 2,00,000|
|Last Date of Application||January 15, 2022|
The Samsung star scholarship offers financial support to the students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) who are pursuing a BTech or a dual degree, that is, BTech + MTech at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or National Institute of Technology (NIT). Samsung India aims to motivate students aspiring to pursue technical courses in elite institutions. The selected candidates will receive up to INR 2,00,000 for their education. The Samsung star scholarship application last date is January 15th, 2022.
Table of Contents
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply?
- Essential Documents
- Important Dates
- Important Links
- Selection Criteria
- Contact Details
Samsung Star Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The duration of the Samsung star scholarship is for one academic year. However, the students can renew and extend the duration for subsequent years, i.e., for three or four years, based on their degree programmes. The Samsung star scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidates should have passed the class XII exam from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs), run by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- The candidates should be in the first year of BE, BTech or dual degree (BTech + MTech).
- Note: The Samsung star scholarship 2021 programme does not cover other courses like BSc, MSc, BArch, etc.
- The candidates should have enrolled in the first year of BTech or the dual degree programme (BTech + MTech) in any IIT, NIT or one of the eligible listed institutions.
- They should be on good standing terms with the institution.
- They should have qualified for the JEE Main
- The candidates should not obtain benefits from any government or non-government sources until completing the degree course. However, candidates who receive a fee waiver from the institution due to the socio-economic background are eligible to apply.
- Note: The fee waiver should reflect in the official fee structure.
Benefits of Samsung Star Scholarship
The Samsung star scholarship aims to inspire Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) students to pursue a bachelor's in engineering or dual degree (BTech + MTech) programme prestigious institutions. They will offer up to INR 2,00,000 per annum towards tuition fees. The Samsung star scholarship amounts will include the registration fee, exam fee, hostel and mess charges.
How to Apply for the Samsung Star Scholarship?
Interested candidates should submit the applications within the last date. They are advised to read the terms and conditions before filling in the application form. After filling in the form, the candidates should send the form by email and by post. The stepwise application process for the Samsung star scholarship are as follows:
Step 1: The candidates should visit the official Samsung star scholarship website.
Step 2: They should click on the new scholarship application form button available under the click to download section.
Step 3: The candidates should read the given instructions and download the application form.
Step 4: Next, the candidates should fill in the application form and get an authorised signature from the institute.
Step 5: The candidates should upload the Samsung star scholarship documents along with the application form.
Step 6: Next, they should email the application form and the scanned documents to [email protected].
Step 7: After sending the email, the candidate should enclose the printout of the completed application form and the photocopies of the required documents in an envelope.
Step 8: They should post the envelope to the following address:
Star Scholar, Corporate Citizenship (CRO), Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd., 20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector - 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana, India -122002.
Samsung Star Scholarship Documents
The applicants should submit the required Samsung star scholarship documents by email and post. They should ensure they submit the actual and authentic documents to avoid rejections. The list of the essential documents are as follows:
- Self-attested photograph
- Classes X and XII mark sheets from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs)
- JEE Main certificate
- Admission letter from the engineering institute
- Copy of the admission, first semester and fee receipt (original copy)
- Details of the active bank account
- Address proof
- ID card with the candidate's photo issued by the government of India
- Voter's ID, passport, aadhaar card or aadhaar enrolment ID
- Copy of the PAN card
- A short write-up
Important Dates for Samsung Star Scholarship 2021
The candidates applying for the Samsung star scholarship should apply within the last date to avoid rejection. Given below are the significant dates for the Samsung star scholarship 2021:
|Application starting date||December 25th, 2021|
|Fresh application closing date (hard-copy)||January 15th, 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form via email||January 15th, 2022|
|Renewal application closing date (hard-copy)||January 15th, 2022|
Important Links for Samsung Star Scholarship
The candidates can obtain the application and declaration forms on the official website. They can also find the list of eligible institutions on the Samsung star scholarship webpage. The applicants can find the important links below:
|Fresh application form||Link|
|Renewal application form||Link|
|Declaration form for the guardians||Link|
|List of eligible institutions||Link|
|Samsung star scholarship rule book||Link|
Selection Criteria of Samsung Star Scholarship
The selection for the Samsung star scholarship involves a rigorous process. The committee will select the candidates primarily based on their All India Rank (AIR) in the JEE Main exam. Listed below are the selection criteria for the Samsung star scholarship for fresh candidates:
- The selection of the fresh applicants depends on the All India Rank (AIR), which is the Common Rank List (CRL) for the JEE Mains examination.
For Renewal Candidates
The selection criteria for the renewal candidates are as follows:
- The students should have received the Samsung star scholarship in all the preceding years.
- They should hold an SGPA or CGPA rating of five or more in the last two.
Terms and Conditions of Samsung Star Scholarship
The management of the Samsung star scholarship holds the right to make final and binding decisions. The important terms and conditions are as follows:
- Candidates who are less than 18 years of age should obtain their guardian's signature on the application form.
- If the students do not receive the Samsung star scholarship for the current year, then they will not be eligible to receive the scholarship for subsequent years.
- The organisation may assign a third party to verify the documents provided by the candidates.
- The organisation will not select all the eligible candidates applying for the Samsung star scholarship programme.
- The organisation will forfeit the scholarship amount if they fail to meet any of the required criteria mentioned in the rulebook.
- The organisation will pay the Samsung star scholarship amount against the verified receipts submitted by the candidate. However, the candidates are responsible for the administrative charges such as transportation, medical cost, one time fees, etc.
- The duration of the Samsung star scholarship is one However, the candidates pursuing a BE/BTech degree can extend it up to three years, and those pursuing a dual degree (BTech + MTech) can extend it up to four years.
The candidates applying for the Samsung star scholarship should submit the applications by email and post. The Samsung star scholarship contact details are as follows:
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd., Corporate Citizenship (CRO), 20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector - 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India|