|Conducted By||Ministry of Railways|
|Eligibility||Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for RPF/RPSF invite applications from the Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF Personnel pursuing professional or technical degree courses. The scholars will be entitled up to ₹2,250 under the PMSS for RPF/RPSF scheme.
The central government-sponsored scheme is being conducted by the Ministry of Railways. Students pursuing MBBS, B.Tech, BE, BDS, B.Ed, MCA, BBS, BCA and B. Pharma courses are eligible to apply for the PMSS 2020-21 program.
Eligible students who are the Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF Personnel can apply for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme through National Scholarship Portal (NSP) before the application deadline of 31st October.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Eligible Courses
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Scholarship Renewal
- Important Documents
- Important Dates
- Contact Details
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) Eligibility Criteria:
Applicant should satisfy these conditions to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A candidate should be the Ward/widow of ex-RPF/ RPSF Personnel with a rank less than the Gazetted Officer.
- The applicant should be pursuing a Professional or Technical course in an institute or university recognized by AICTE, MCI, UGC, NCTE, etc.
- A student must have secured a minimum of 60 percent marks in his/her previous final examination.
- A minimum of two persons from a family is allowed to apply for the scholarship.
- Students studying abroad are not encouraged to participate in the scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship scheme is not permissible to students pursuing courses in distance mode.
- The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme will not be granted for multiple courses.
Note: Students pursuing Master Degree Courses (Except MBA and MCA) are not eligible for the scholarship.
Eligible Courses under PMSS for RPF/RPSF:
- Eligible professional degree courses under the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme are:
- MBBS, B.Tech, BE, BDS, B.Ed, MCA, BBS, BCA and B. Pharma.
- The courses should be duly recognized by the concerned regulatory bodies such as:
- Medical Council of India (MCI).
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
- University Grants Commission (UGC).
MEQ Minimum Marks:
For the initial scholarship sanction, a minimum education qualification (MEQ) with at least 60 percent marks and entry to professional courses is required. Various courses and required MEQ are as follows:
|Sl. No||Technical Course/Professional Course||MEQ|
|1||MBBS and other Medical Courses (Graduation level)||Class 12th|
|3||B.Sc,BCA,BBA etc.||Class 12th|
|4||MCA,B.Ed, MBA, LLB||Graduation|
|5||BBA LLB, BALLB (Integrated course)||Class 12th|
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for RPF/RPSF Rewards and Benefits:
The main highlight of the scholarship is that every selected student will receive a Personal Letter from the Prime Minister in a felicitous language:
- The male students can benefit ₹2000 per month as the PMSS allowance:
- A scholarship allowance of ₹2,250 per month will be given to girl students.
- The scholarship duration is equivalent to the duration, of course, i.e., 1 to 5 years
The scholarship distribution among RPSF and Zonal Railways are as follows:
|JR+NR RPF Academy+RDSO||17|
Note: The Scholarship payment will only be granted after approval by the DG/RPF on the basis of merit in each year. Also, half of the scholarship seats have been earmarked to girl candidates.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for RPF/RPSF Application Process:
The applicants of PMSS are requested to apply through the National Scholarship Portal. It is mandatory for all eligible candidates to apply online:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal and click on New Registration.
- Review the guild lines and submit Continue.
- Select the appropriate Scholarship Category, State of Domicile, Scheme, etc.
- Provide Personal Information such as name, date of birth, mobile number, etc.
- Enroll Bank Details such as Bank Name, IFSC, Account number, etc.
- Provide Bank Account Number/ Aadhar as identification and submit Register.
- An OTP will be generated once the mobile number is verified.
- Use the OTP to log in and fill the application form.
- The applicant will receive an application ID and Password for future reference.
- The candidates are advised to fill up all the information carefully. Also, multiple applications are not encouraged.
Note: A valid mobile number is mandatory to apply on National Scholarship Portal as an OTP will be generated on the registered number for further process. A maximum of two registrations can be done with one mobile number.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for RPF/RPSF Selection Process:
Under the PMSS for RPF/RPSF scheme, a total of 150 scholarships have been earmarked to the RPF/RPSF wards for an academic session. In case the number of applications are more than that of the Scholarships, then an Order of Preference will be taken for the Scholarship allotment. The order of preference is categorized as follows:
Category 1: Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died in a circumstance of encounter with terrorists or criminals while protecting the Railway property/Passengers/Passenger area or died during election work.
Category 2: Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died during the service period.
Category 3: Wards of ex-RPF/RPSF (retired) personnel.
Category 4: Serving RPF/RPSF personnel’s wards.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF Scholarship Renewal:
The steps and procedure regarding PMSS for RPF/RPSF Scholarship Renewal are given below:
- The scholars can apply for renewal of scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal using the candidate’s application id, received during the time of registration.
- Renewal applicants are requested to upload certain documents along with the certificate showing mark/ grade obtained by the student.
- Also, the student has to produce valid proof showing the candidate is pursuing a course from the particular institution.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for RPF/RPSF Important Documents:
- Service Certificate of the personnel (RPF/RPSF) issued by the respective offices (for Category IV).
- Discharge Certificate/Book or PPO Copy for Categories I, II and III.
- Copy of qualifying examination mark sheet.
- Necessary Bank Documents.
- In case, it has been found that the information given by the candidate is false at in any respect, PMSS may disqualify the student from further Scholarship benefits.
- Also, no applications from the Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF Personnel will be encouraged in the future.
- With subject to the proposed misconduct, a candidate will have to refund the scholarship amount.
- The Zonal Railway CSCs are responsible for forwarding the selected nominations.
- After verification, the nominations will be sent to Special Branch, Security Directorate of Railway Board.
- The Scholarship amount for selected candidates (Fresh and Renewal Categories) will be credited directly to the beneficiary’s bank account through Public Finance Management System (PFMS) under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system of Government.
In-brief Roles and Responsibilities of the Applicant:
- Online registration process.
- Duly filled application submission.
- Uploading of required documents in a scanned copy.
- Application status tracking.
- Scholarship amount collection.
PMSS for RPF/RPSF Important Dates:
- Last date of application: 31st December 2020.
- Address: Mr. Prakash Chand Bairwa, Section Officer/Sec (Spl), Security Dte. /Railway Board, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi
- Phone Number: 011-23303283, 23303484 & 030-43283 (Rly)
- E-mail ID: [email protected]