|Conducted By||Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, Government of Maharashtra|
|Eligibility||Students with a minimum of 40% disability and studying class I to class X|
|Rewards||Up to INR 1,200|
|Last Date of Application||March 25, 2021|
The Pre-Matric Scholarship for Disabled is being implemented by the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance (SJSA) under the Government of Maharashtra. Under the state pre-matric scheme, students of class 1 to 10 with more than 40 percent disability can benefit up to a scholarship amount of ₹300
The Scholarship aims to encourage higher education among students with disabilities including Blindness, Hearing Impairment, Low Vision, Orthopedically Handicapped, Mental Illness & Leprosy cured, etc. Eligible students will be granted an allowance ranging from ₹100 to 300 according to their Pre-Metric Level. The last date mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change.
Pre-Metric Scholarship for Disabled Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must fulfill the following criteria:
- The applicant must be studying in class 1 to 10.
- The Student should be a domicile of Maharashtra.
- A candidate must have a disability of at least 40 percent Blindness/Hearing Impairment/Low Vision/Orthopedically Handicapped/Mental Illness & Leprosy cured or Mentally Retarded.
- There are no Income Criteria for the Scholarship.
Note: For the Renewal of Scholarship, the student must have successfully completed the previous examination/class.
Pre-Metric Scholarship for Disabled Rewards and Benefits:
The Scholarship benefits vary with respect to the Pre-Metric level, details regarding the allowance is given below:
- For 1st to 4th Standard ₹100 per month is given to each student.
- Students of class 5th to 7th will be granted with ₹150 per month.
- ₹200 per month is the scholarship allowance for class 8th to 10th.
- Mentally Challenged students will get a Scholarship amount of ₹150 per month.
- Trainees in the workshop with a disability can benefit ₹300 per month.
Pre-Metric Scholarship for Disabled Application Process:
Those candidates who are eligible for the Scholarship can apply online through Maharashtra Governments DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) portal:
- Visit MahaDBT online portal.
- Register as new user with Aadhar Authentication Process.
- Log In with User ID and Password.
- Submit the Application Process.
Offline Application Process:
- Request for the application form from the concerned school.
- Fill up all the required details.
- Attach all the necessary documents.
- Submit the application in the concerned school.
Note: Candidates are advised to apply in the prescribed format with necessary documents attached.
- Phone Number:022-49150800