|Conducted By||Ministry of Labour and Employment|
|Eligibility||Students of class 11 to Post-Graduate level|
|Rewards||Ranges from INR 2000 - 15000|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
The Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme under the Ministry of Labour and Employment provides financial assistance to the wards of labors in Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine worker, and Beedi sector to pursue their post-matric education.
The financial assistance Scheme focuses on students of PUC (Pre-University Courses) / class 11 to post-graduate, while the disbursement of the allowance varies from INR 2000 to 15000.
Eligible students can apply for the Scheme before the application deadline of 31st December 2020 through the National Scholarship Portal.
Scheme Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Important Documents
- Important Dates
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Post-Matric Scheme for the Wards of Beedi/ Cine/ Mine Workers Eligibility Criteria:
Conditions of eligibility for the financial assistance Scheme are as follows:
- Either of the parents of the applicants must be working in Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine worker or Beedi sector with a minimum of 6 months service.
- Wards of Contract/ Gharkhataworkers are also eligible to apply.
- The overall family income of the worker should not exceed INR 10,000 per month.
- INR 8000 per month or 100,000 per year is the income limit for Cine workers.
- The candidate must have passed the previous final examination in the first attempt.
- Applicants pursuing courses under distance Scheme are not eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing full-time courses of general or technical education under government recognized institutes can apply for the Scheme.
Note: Scholars already benefiting under any other Scheme are not encouraged to apply for the financial assistance Scheme.
Post-Matric Scheme for the Wards of Beedi/ Cine/ Mine Workers Rewards and Benefits:
Various benefits under different Post-Matric levels are as follows:
- INR 2440 will be granted to girl students of class 11 and 12.
- Boys of class 11 and 12 will receive INR 2000.
- INR 10,000 will be given to ITI students (For both boys and girls).
- INR 3000 is the financial assistance for degree courses.
- INR 15,000 will be disbursed to students pursuing professional courses such as Engineering, MBBS and B.Sc. Agriculture.
|1||PUC I & II||INR 2440||INR 2000|
|2||ITI||INR 10,000||INR 10,000|
|3||Degree||INR 3000||INR 3000|
|4||Professional Courses||INR 15,000||INR 15,000|
Application Process for Post-Matric Scheme for the Wards of Beedi/ Cine/ Mine Workers:
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to apply online for the Post-Matric financial assistance Scheme:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on New Registration on the home page.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the Scholarship details and personal details.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on Register button after giving Aadhar number/Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to fill the form correctly, hence no changes can be made once the application is submitted. Also the Scholarship management shall not encourage multiple applications as it will lead to the form cancellation.
List of required documents for the Post-Matric financial assistance Scheme are as follows:
- Photograph of the Applicant.
- Identity card copy of the worker (For Mineworkers, Form B registration number is applicable).
- Bank account details of the beneficiary (Copy of the Passbook front page or canceled cheque).
- Mark sheet of the previous final examination.
- Income certificate recognized by the revenue authority.
Note: The applicant must have a separate bank account if it’s a joint account the first name must be of the student.
- Last date of application: 31st December 2020.
- Last date of defective verification: 15th January 2021.
- Last date of institute verification: 15th January 2021.
Terms and Conditions of the Post-Matric Scheme:
The terms and conditions to be followed during the scheme are:
- Either of the parents of the wards should be Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine or Beedi workers with a minimum of six months service.
- Students who have completed education in one subject and pursuing a different subject in the same stage of education are not eligible for the Scholarship Scheme.
E.g. B.Com after B.Sc or BA after B.Com etc.
- Candidates pursuing one professional educational career after the completion of another professional education line are not permitted to participate in the Scheme.
E.g. B.Ed. or B.T. after L.L.B.
- Scholars benefiting under any other Scheme are not allowed to participate in the Post-Matric financial assistance Scheme.
- The Scholarship shall be canceled under the observance of any false statements by the Scholar.
- The allowance will be canceled/stopped if the student discontinues his or her studies (The Same cancellation is applicable if the student changes his or her subject of the course).
- During the academic year, if a Scholar fails to make satisfactory progress, irregular in attendance or found guilty of misconduct, the authority holds the right to cancel the Scholarship.
- The Scholarship amount will be recovered from the student or his/her parents in case of any violations of the mentioned terms.
- The allowance shall be canceled if the parents of the wards discontinue being a Mine/ Cine or Beedi worker.
- Each Scholar must have a separate mobile number.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540.