|Conducted By||Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Female students belonging to the SC/ST category and studying class IX|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
The National Scheme of Incentive to Girls of Secondary Education (NSIGSE) focuses on girls of class 9 who belong to the SC/ST community. Also, class 9 girl students of any category from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas are eligible to apply for the ₹3000 worth scholarship scheme. The application last date mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change at the provider's discretion.
The aim of National Scheme of Incentives is to promote the enrolment of underprivileged girl children in secondary education and reduce the dropouts.
Girl students who have passed class 8 are eligible to apply.
Note: The government is re-designing the NSIGSE scheme to implement it more effectively.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Process of Execution
- Additional Information
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Students Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility conditions for the National Scheme of Incentive are given below:
- To be eligible for the National Scheme, a girl must be unmarried and below 16-year-old as on 31st
- Candidate should pass class VIII and enrolled in class 9th in government or government-aided school.
- Girl candidates must belong to SC/ST category or:
- They must have passed class 8 from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas.
Note: SC/ST criteria are not applicable to girl students of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas. Class 8th passed girls of all categories from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas are eligible to apply.
- Girls studying in private unaided schools are excluded under the scholarship scheme.
- Candidates studying in schools run by the Central Government are not eligible to apply.
- There are no income criteria for the incentive disbursement program.
National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Students Rewards and Benefits:
Rewards and benefits of incentive scheme for girl students are as follows:
- ₹3000 will be given to all eligible girl students of class 9.
- The incentive amount would be deposited in a public sector bank or post office in the name of eligible student under term deposit or fixed deposit.
- The deposit period will be counted from the date of deposit until the girl reaches 18 years old.
- Premature withdrawal is not allowed.
- Incentive/Scholarship shall be directly credited to the student’s bank account through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Note: In case the unfortunate event of the death of the candidate before reaching 18 years old, the incentive amount shall be transferred back to the Central Governments account.
National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Students Application Process:
The application process and execution of National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Students are as follows:
- The application performa can be downloaded from the National Scholarship Portal. It is also available to District Education Officers or Principals of the concerned schools in hardcopy.
- Students or schools can fill up the performa in an excel sheet.
- All information regarding the students of a school will be verified by the principal and compiled in excel sheets and will be sent to District Education Officers.
Note: For more details the candidates can click here to check the official website.
Process of Execution:
- Every school will send a proposal for the release of incentive amount to the State Government/Union Territories.
- State/UTs will forward a consolidated proposal to the Department of School Education and Literacy, MHRD stating:
- The number of schools eligible in the State or Union Territories.
- The number of proposals from eligible schools.
- The number of eligible girl students (From both SC/ST and Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas).
- Proposal of total amount to be released as incentive.
- The funds will be released in two installments to the State and UT Governments every year. The first installment will be disbursed immediately after the receiving proposal. The second installment may release after receiving the utilization certificate and progress report from the States/UT Government.
- Time period: Every school that implements the scheme should complete the selection of scholars and preparation of proposal within one month of the beginning of academic year.
- Grant-in-Aid Committee: The committee is headed by the Secretary of School Education and Literacy. The Grant-in-Aid Committee will consider the proposals from various States and UTs. The committee may include Joint Secretary, MHRD, Planning Commission representative, Ministry of Finance, Tribal Welfare, Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: The Grant-in-Aid Committee also acts as the Monitoring Committee for monitoring and evaluation. A third party process of evaluation will also be undertaken by the end of the academic year.
- Review of the Scheme: After two years there will be a rigorous evaluation of scheme through appropriate independent agencies In order to improve the same in the future.
Note: A maximum of 1 percent of the total incentive amount will be allocated to meet the administrative, monitoring and evaluation expenses.
Terms and Conditions:
- The incentive scheme is open to girl students of class 9 who belong to the SC/ST category and all-girl students of the same class from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas.
- Schools under State governments, State/UT Governments, Panchayati Raj Institutions, Local bodies and Aided private schools are the implementing partners under the National Incentive Scheme. For depositing the incentive amount shall be granted to State/UT Governments.
- The application verification is particularly subject to the birth certificate issued by the school head with respect to the enrolment record.
- A passbook or certificate given to the candidate will identify her as the beneficiary of the incentive scheme.
- In order to avail of the matured scholarship amount, a student has to successfully pass class 10 examination.
- To credit the incentive benefit a girl student should continue her studies at least for two years from the enrolment in class 9 in the secondary school.
- After reaching 18 years old, the implementing agency will transfer the scholarship amount to the beneficiary's account. The scholarship will be disbursed subject to the produce of the 10th certificate and certificate of the school head stating that the girl continued her studies at least for two years from the enrolment in class 9.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0120 6619540
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.