|Conducted By||Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation|
|Eligibility||Graduate students or higher|
|Rewards||Up to INR 20,00,000|
|Last Date of Application||March 17, 2021|
What is the Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship?
The Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Program is an initiative of the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation which provides financial assistance to Indian students to pursue Postgraduate level education from top-ranking institutions. The scholarship provides interest-free loans for PG students with an excellent academic record.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Key Dates
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Application Process
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Documents Required
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Contact Details
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Key Dates:
The important dates for the application of the Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Program are given below:
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Application Start Date
January 4, 2021
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Application Last Date
17th March 2021
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Shortlisted Candidate List
April/ May 2021
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship In-person Interview Date (Mumbai)
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Orientation Program (2 days)
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The Narotam Sekhsaria scholarship program is provided to meritorious Indian students who have completed the undergraduate level education. The other eligibility criteria are given below:
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- He/ she should have completed graduation from a recognized Indian University/ Institution.
- The students should be pursuing one of the following study streams such as Applied Science, Pure Sciences, Architecture, Law, Engineering, Management, or Social Sciences and Humanities.
- The applicants having a Double Master’s degree/ aspiring Ph.D. students can also apply for the scholarship program.
- The candidate should have a consistently high academic record.
- The applicant should have been accepted for a Postgraduate level program at any top-ranking educational institute in India or abroad for the academic session.
- The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on January 31, 2021.
Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The benefits offered by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation Scholarship to the meritorious students are given below:
- The top-scoring meritorious students receive interest-free PG loans of up to INR 20,00,000 to pursue Postgraduate studies from the top institutes in India and abroad.
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Application Process:
The Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship 2021 application is done online. The step-wise application process is given below:
- Interested applicants should register themselves on the Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Program Online Portal.
- The candidate receives the login credentials to the registered email ID.
- He/ she should sign up on the portal using the Login ID and password.
- The applicant should then click on ‘Create a Profile to Get Started’.
- The candidate should fill in all the required details in the application form and also pay the application fee of INR 500.
- It is mandatory to provide a landline number. If the applicant does not have a landline number, he/ she should provide the landline number of a close relative/ friend so that the message is sent across even if the mobile number is not reachable.
- Finally, the candidate should 'Submit' the application to complete the application process.
- A printout of the submitted application should be taken for future reference.
- A copy of the application form will be sent to the registered email ID along with the email confirmation.
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Documents Required:
The important documents required for the Narotam Sekhsaria PG Scholarship application are listed below:
- Attested copy of mark sheets of all the years of the UG level/ PG level studies.
- Attested copy of the scorecard of any qualifying examination such as GRE, GMAT, CAT, GATE, etc.
- Acceptance letter from the current institute along with the fee structure.
- Reference letters
- Any document that indicates any other funding/ award, scholarship, fee waiver, etc
- Latest Income tax returns of the candidates’ parent/ guardian
- Passport size photograph
- Attested copy of the passport
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Selection Criteria:
The scholarship is provided to the candidates based on their academic record and financial need. The detailed selection criteria and the following process are given below:
- Candidates are selected based on academic record, financial need, and performance in the interview.
- The shortlisted candidates are informed via email between April-May 2021.
- The shortlisted candidates are required to attend a personal interview in Mumbai during June 2021 which is the final round.
- The scholarship result with the final list of selected candidates is announced by June/ July 2021.
- All the selected candidates are required to attend a two-day orientation program to be held in Mumbai
- The travel and accommodation charges of the candidate will not be reimbursed by the scholarship providers.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed to the selected candidates only after Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation receives a copy of the visa of the candidate(for candidates who have secured admission in international universities).
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The terms are conditions to be fulfilled to apply for the Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship are listed below:
- The students studying in the final year of the degree course and awaiting the results are eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
- The shortlisted candidates are required to attend an in-person interview in Mumbai scheduled during May/ June 2021.
- Only the candidates who are shortlisted for the next phase are required to submit the supporting documents.
- The students who have applied for the PG course and are awaiting a response from the institute are eligible to apply for the scholarship program. The scholarship is awarded subject to securing admission in the institute.
- The candidates who fail to secure admission are not awarded the scholarship.
The repayment of the scholarship amount should be done as follows:
|Repayment Schedule||Amount to be Repayed|
After completion of the 1st year
After completion of the 2nd year
30% of the total scholarship amount
After completion of the 3rd year
35% of the total scholarship amount
After completion of the 4th year
35% of the total scholarship amount
- Address: Scholarship Team, Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation, 102, Nirmal Building, 1st Floor, Nariman Point, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400021
- Contact Number: 022-61326200
- Email ID: [email protected]