|Conducted By||European University Institute|
|Eligibility||Doctoral candidates carrying out research in relevant areas|
|Rewards||EUR 2000 per month - INR 1,55,402|
|Last Date of Application||October 18, 2020|
Max Weber Fellowship Summary
The Max Weber Program is one of the largest postdoctoral programs in Europe for Social Sciences and Humanities. It is an initiative of the European University Institute for students aspiring to pursue postdoctoral research in the fields of political science, history, economics, social sciences, law, etc. Around 1200 candidates apply every year out of which 55 - 60 candidates are granted the fellowship. The fellowships are usually for a duration of 1-2 years but a few exceptional scholarships are granted up to 3 years as well. The Max Weber Fellows enjoy the best research facilities at the European University Institute where they get exquisite guidance from professors and researchers from all across the world and also become part of a well recognized global academic community. The fellows are provided with assistance and training in important career departments such as teaching, publishing and presenting and applying for research grants and jobs. A majority of the Max Weber Fellows secure the best academic positions in the topmost institutes of the world.
Max Weber Fellowship Quick Links:
- Max Weber Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Max Weber Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. in the last 5 years or have substantial approval to defend their thesis as soon as the program starts, i.e, 1st September 2020.
- Thus for the year 2020-21, the candidates must have completed or submitted their Ph.D. between 1st September 2015 - 1st September 2020 and their Ph.D. defense should not be later than 31st December 2020.
- The council will excuse the timeline criteria in case of issues such as maternity leave, illness, military service. The candidates will have to provide substantial documents regarding the same.
- Graduates from EUI can apply for the fellowship iff they were a part of a fulltime occupation or any other fellowship for a duration of at least one year after defending their Ph.D.
- Candidates are required to possess the minimum English Proficiency of level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- EUI will consider other equivalents as well, a minimum of 7.5 on IELTS, 110on TOEFL (IBT), A/ B/ C level Cambridge Proficiency and level A/ B in CAE (Cambridge Advanced English).
Max Weber Fellowship Rewards:
- The basic fellowship grant is EUR 2000 per month.
- A family allowance will also be added to the basic allowance.
- EUR 300 is paid to fellows with a live-in partner provided the partner's income is less than EUR 2000 per month.
- A dependant's allowance of EUR 200 per month is granted to the fellows for each dependent child.
- All fellows receive EUR 1000 for research expenses.
- The maximum reward for travel reimbursement is EUR 1200.
Max Weber Fellowship Application Process:
- The deadline for applications was 18th October 2020.
- Candidates have to submit the application form on www.eui.eu
- First, the candidates are advised to register for the application form, as soon as possible, which requires all the personal details. This provides an ample amount of time for submission of reference letters before the deadline.
- Once the candidate has registered for the application form, they can conveniently work on the details and attachments to be submitted along with the application form before the deadline.
- The candidates can submit the application once all the details are attached and the form is filled up.
Max Weber Fellowship Selection Process:
- The criteria looked into consideration while the selection of the candidates is, academic accomplishments, publications, Ph.D. thesis, academic career statement, letters of reference, etc.
- Preference is given to candidates, with less exposure and experience in their post-doctoral career.
- All applications are reviewed by professors that candidates have considered for their mentorship.
- A final meeting is held between the concerned authorities of the group who select the candidates for the scholarship.
- Around 55-60 candidates are granted the fellowship after a rigorous discussion by the panel of selectors.
- Most fellowships are for a time period of 1 - 2 years, however a few exceptional candidates with quality academic excellence and research proposals are granted fellowships for up to three years.
Max Weber Fellowship Contact Details:
- Address: Academic Service, European University Institute, via dei Roccettini 9, I-50014 San Domenico di Fiesole
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact No: +39 055 4685 377