|Conducted By||Marubeni India Private Limited|
|Eligibility||Class 12 pass-outs|
|Rewards||Up to INR 50,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 30, 2021|
What is the Marubeni Scholarship?
The Marubeni Scholarship is an initiative of the Marubeni organization (Marubeni India Private Limited) which is one of the top Japanese Trading Company with over 60 years of presence in India. As a part of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Marubeni offers over 100 scholarships to meritorious Indian students who have passed Class 12 to pursue their higher education in any Technical/ Professional/ Undergraduate level course across disciplines.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Marubeni Scholarship Key Dates
- Marubeni Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Marubeni Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- Marubeni Scholarship Application Process
- Marubeni Scholarship Documents Required
- Marubeni Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Marubeni Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Marubeni Scholarship Contact Details
Marubeni India Meritorious Scholarship Key Dates:
The important dates for the application of the Marubeni India Meritorious Scholarship are given below:
Marubeni Scholarship Application Open Date
Marubeni Scholarship Application Last Date
Marubeni Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates
Marubeni Scholarship Distribution Ceremony
** The dates mentioned are tentative and can be changed at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Marubeni Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The scholarship is provided to meritorious students from economically weak backgrounds. The other eligibility criteria to be fulfilled to apply for the Marubeni Scholarship are given below:
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- He/ she should have passed Class 12 examination within the last year.
- The candidate should have scored at least 65% marks in the last qualifying examination.
- The student should be enrolled in any full-time Undergraduate/ Professional/ Technical course with any state/ UGC recognized university/ Renowned Engineering, Management, and other technical institutes.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 4,00,000 from all sources.
- The students applying for the Marubeni scholarship should not be availing of benefits from any other scholarship with a value exceeding INR 6000.
- The children of Marubeni employees are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Marubeni Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
Up to 100 scholarships are awarded to the economically weak deserving students. The other benefits offered by the Marubeni Scholarship are listed below:
- 100 scholarships are provided to financially assist the students to pursue their higher education.
- Every year, the selected candidates are awarded the scholarship during a formal scholarship distribution ceremony.
- A scholarship amount of INR 40,000- INR 50,000 is provided to the selected students in a single installment.
Marubeni Scholarship Application Process:
The Marubeni Scholarship 2020-21 application is done online through the Buddy4study website. The detailed application process is explained below:
- Interested applicants should visit the Buddy4study online portal.
- He/ she should register/ login on the portal using either Facebook, Google, or email ID.
- The candidate should click on the ‘Start Application’ after successful sign-in.
- The applicant should enter the relevant details on the Marubeni scholarship application portal such as personal details and academic details.
- Finally, the candidate should upload the required supporting documents and 'Submit' the Marubeni India Scholarship Application Form.
Marubeni Scholarship Documents Required:
The important documents to be uploaded along with the Marubeni India Meritorious scholarship application are given below:
- Passport size photograph
- Birth certificate/ Drivers license/ Passport/ Class 10 mark sheet- Document to prove the age of the applicant
- ID proof such as PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhar card/ Drivers license/ Class 10 marks card with photo
- Income certificate/ Recent monthly payslip
- BPL card (for BPL category candidates)
- Class 10 and Class 12 marks card
- Admission letter/ Fee receipt of current college admission
Marubeni Scholarship Selection Criteria:
The scholars are selected based on merit and financial need. The other selection criteria for the Marubeni scholarship are given below:
- The initial shortlisting of the candidates is done based on the Class 12 marks and the annual family income of the candidate.
- The shortlisted candidates are required to attend the telephonic interview round.
- Based on the performance in the telephonic round, the candidates are shortlisted for the final personal interview round.
- After the final interview, 100 students are selected for the Marubeni scholarship.
- The 100 selected scholars are awarded the scholarship amount as a one-time payment during the Marubeni Scholarship Felicitation Ceremony.
Marubeni Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions to apply for the Marubeni scholarship are as follows:
- Marubeni India Private Limited is solely responsible for the selection of candidates for the Marubeni scholarship.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed to the candidates either through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) or through account payee cheque/ demand draft.
- It is required that all the applicants have an active bank account in their name to receive the scholarship amount.
- Marubeni India reserves the right to modify, cancel, or withdraw the Marubeni Scholarship Program at any time without any prior notice or reason and accepts no responsibility for the consequences of such modifications/ cancellation/ withdrawal.
- The shortlisted candidates should produce the original documents/ certificates at the time of the face to face interview. If the original certificates/ documents are not produced, the candidate may be disqualified from the scholarship program.
- The scholarship can be withdrawn at any stage if the information provided by the candidate is false and misleading.
- The Marubeni scholarship is non-transferable.
- Marubeni India is not responsible for the payment of any taxes or levies applicable to the scholarship amount provided.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to the disqualification of the scholarship.
- Any disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi only.
- Marubeni India is not responsible/ liable for any lack or lapse in communication due to the failure/ delay of the internet, Telecom, SMS, and email service provider.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Address: Buddy4Study, Smiling Star Advisory Pvt. Ltd, Stellar IT Park, Tower 1, Ground Floor, Office No. 8, 9 & 10, C-25, Sector 62,
Noida – 201301, Uttar Pradesh, India.