|Conducted By||The Parliament of India|
|Eligibility||Research scholars with outstanding academic record|
|Rewards||Up to INR 10,00,000|
|Last Date of Application||March 31, 2022|
The Parliament of India offers Lok Sabha Research fellowship for the research fellows belonging to the age group of 25-70 years. The main aim of this fellowship is to support the research students by allowing them to take on their respective research based on the high standards on parliamentary themes.
Note: Lok Sabha Research fellowship application for 2023 still needs to be updated. However, the expected date for 2023 will be declared soon.
Table of Content
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for the Lok Sabha Research Fellowship?
- Documents Required
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
The Lok Sabha Research fellowship is granted to the deserving research fellows to understand the Parliament's functioning better and recognize the changing nature and role of parliamentary institutions of India. This fellowship awards around 25 research students annually by the Lok Sabha Secretariat. The Lok Sabha research fellowship eligibility criteria can be explained in the points given below.
- The research fellows must have a master's degree in any social science stream with recent magnificent research publications at the time of application.
- The candidates must be between 25 to 70 years of age as of 10th January 2018.
- The research students should hold an outstanding past academic record in any discipline, which must be related to the social studies topics like parliamentary studies.
- The candidate must be an expert in their field.
Around 25 research fellowships are proposed under Lok Sabha research fellowship 2023 by the Lok Sabha Secretariat. This fellowship is awarded to the deserving scholars for writing books on any relevant subject to parliament or parliamentary democracy. The following is the summary of Lok Sabha research fellowship rewards.
- The Lok Sabha research fellowship amount sanctioned to the selected scholar is INR 10,00,000.
- An additional contingency allowance of INR 50,000 is also granted along with the reward mentioned earlier.
- The fellowship duration must be 2 years to get the benefits of this fellowship scheme.
How to Apply for the Lok Sabha Research Fellowship?
The research fellows under Lok Sabha research fellowship are encouraged to the original studies on the subjects related to the Indian Parliament. This fellowship programme aims to create awareness and generate knowledge on manifold functioning and diversified activities of the Parliament of India. The Lok Sabha research fellowship application can be emailed or mailed through post. The steps for the same are mentioned below.
Step 1: First, the interested applicants should click here and download the Lok Sabha research fellowship application form.
Step 2: Afterwards, they can fill in all the details.
Step 3: An email must be created for the application, which must be sent to [email protected] along with a duly filled application form.
Note: If the applicant is currently working in any institution or department, the application must be forwarded by the Head of that Institution or department, not by the candidate.
The fellows taking benefits of the Lok Sabha research fellowship are required to complete their respective research projects within two years from the award's assignment date. In case, for some reason, they are unable to do so, they need to refund the full fellowship amount. The interested candidates must submit the following mandatory documents along with the application form.
- Passport size photograph
- Identity proof (adhaar card/voter’s ID)
- Age proof
- Address proof
- Previous marksheet copies
- Bank passbook copy
- Synopsis of the research project
The Lok Sabha research fellowship is entitled to brilliant research scholars who are pursuing masters and have an excellent academic record in any discipline. The students can apply for the same very easily through the process mentioned above and can reach the below-given contact details in case of any concern.
The Director, Lok Sabha Secretariat, Room No. F-121, Parliamentary Library Building,
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.