|Conducted By||Government of West Bengal|
|Eligibility||Girl students falling under 13 to 19 years of age group and who are domiciles of West Bengal.|
|Rewards||Up to INR 25,000|
|Last Date of Application||February 15, 2022|
Kanyashree Prakalpa scholarship was launched by the Department of Women Development and Social Welfare, Government of West Bengal. The Kanyashree scholarship scheme is designed to improve the status and well being of girls, specifically those who belong to the socio-economically disadvantaged families by providing them monetary benefits through conditional cash transfer schemes.
Table of Content
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- How to Apply for the Kanyashree Scholarship?
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
There are three categories of schemes for Kanyashree scholarships. These different schemes are designed for the benefit of girl students proposed by the Department of Women Development and Social Welfare, Government of West Bengal. The various categories are briefly explained underneath.
- Annual Scholarship K1: This is the annual scholarship scheme where the girl students in the age group 13 to 17 years 11 months are benefitted from various financial rewards per year. The aim is to make sure that the girl remains unmarried until the legal age of marriage during her school education.
- One-Time Grant K2: Under the K2 scheme, the girl candidates aged 18-19 are provided financial help as a one-time grant.
- Kanyashree Scholarship K3: Under the Kanyashree scholarship K3, the female candidates from arts and science backgrounds get financial grants every month.
The deserving girl students of West Bengal benefit from the Kanyashree scholarship 2022. There are certain Kanyashree scholarship eligibility criteria for the same which are summarised below. The interested girl candidates can go through them and gain more information about the scholarship scheme.
- The girl students must be an inhabitant of West Bengal.
- The age of girls should be between 13 to 19 years.
- The applicants who wish to obtain the Kanyashree scholarship certificate should be unmarried.
- The girl students should be enrolled in classes 8 to 10 in a govt. recognized regular or equivalent school.
- The family earnings of the candidates should not exceed INR 1,20,000 per annum.
Note: In case the girl is physically handicapped or both her parents are deceased, the family income is ignored while granting the Kanyashree scholarship.
There are multiple rewards granted as Kanyashree scholarship amount for the welfare of girl students belonging to the financially backward families of West Bengal. The rewards are divided into two parts:
- An amount of INR 500 per year is granted to the girls between 13 to 18 years of age.
- One time remuneration of INR 25,000 is provided to the girls between 18 and 19 years of age.
Note: The applicants are required to fill form K1 for annual scholarship of INR 500 and form K2 for one-time grant of INR 25,000.
How to Apply for Kanyashree Scholarships?
There is an offline application process to apply for Kanyashree scholarship scheme for girls. The applicants need to follow the below given steps to make the application process easier. For convenience of the applicants the stepwise process is categorised for different scholarship schemes under Kanyashree scholarship.
For K1 and K2 Level Scholarship
Step 1: Candidates need to collect application forms from respective educational institutions under the Kanyashree scholarship scheme.
Step 2: Then, they need to fill in the postal details and the address of the instituition to get the scholarship application form.
Step 3: After that, the candidates should sign the application form and get it signed by their parents/guardians.
Step 4: The students can apply along with documents required to the respective educational institution.
Step 5: The head of the Department will verify the details furnished by the students and approve by putting an official stamp on it.
Step 6: The candidate then needs to keep the acknowledgment slip and the application number for future reference.
Step 7: After submitting the Kanyashree scholarship application form, the details will be uploaded on the official webpage of Kanyashree scholarship portal.
Application Process for the K3 Scholarship
Step 1: Registration
- The girl candidates should visit the official Kanyashree K3 scholarship portal.
- Then they should click on the registration tab.
- The applicants need to scroll down the page and tick the checkbox of declaration.
- Afterwards, they can proceed to registration of the Kanyashree scholarship.
- On the next page, the applicant will be asked whether it is a new or renewal application; they need to select that.
- They need to click on 'close' after the above procedure.
Step 2: Application
- The candidates need to go to the option DIRECTORATE Of PUBLIC INSTRUCTION (DPI) and click on "apply on fresh application".
- They can select and fill in the details like personal details, address of the institute, name of the course, password, etc.
- Then they can click on the register tabs.
- After successful registration, an applicant ID will be generated for the applicant.
- The applicants need to click on the login tab by visiting the website.
- Then, they should enter the applicant ID and password.
- Finally, they need to submit the duly filled application form.
Step 3: Submission
- The applicants should click on submit application tab after uploading the required documents.
- They should check the uploaded information before clicking on finalize application tab to avoid rejections.
- After clicking the button, the female student cannot edit any info.
- The candidates can check the application status on the dashboard after submitting the Kanyashree scholarship form.
Some valid and authentic Kanyashree scholarship documents are required to be uploaded along with the duly filled application form which needs to be submitted offline. A list of such documents is presented here.
- Unmarried status declaration certificate
- Family income certificate
- Age proof
- Proof of being enrolled in institution
- Disability certificate (If applicable)
The candidates can check for the information or reach the concerned person in case of any queries regarding Kanyashree scholarship through the following contact details. The applicants can also download Kanyashree application for the same.
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.