|Conducted By||J N Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians|
|Eligibility||Graduate students or higher qualifications|
|Rewards||Up to INR 10,00,000|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
What is the J N Tata Endowment Scholarship?
The J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship is awarded by the J N Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians to the students willing to pursue a full-time Postgraduation/ Ph.D./ Postdoctoral in any field at an abroad university. Over 5350 low-interest loan scholarships have been disbursed to the deserving candidates to support higher education abroad. Under this scheme, the interest may be waived off by the Trustee if the loan is paid back within the specified period by the student. The students selected for the J N Tata Loan Scholarship Program receive a travel grant and a gift award both of which are linked to their academic performance. The application period for the scholarship is from January-March every year.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Application Process
- Documents Required
- J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Selection Criteria
- J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The J N Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded to the Indian students who wish to pursue studies abroad. The other eligibility criteria for the scholarship application are given below:
- The applicant should be an Indian national and should have graduated from a recognized Indian university/ institution.
- He/ she should have scored at least 60% marks in the last qualifying examination.
- The candidates enrolled at the beginning of the second year of their overseas course with a minimum course duration of 2 years are eligible to apply for the loan scholarship.
- The students in the final year graduation course and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates who are already awarded the J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
- The students who do not have an admission/ offer letter to the choice of universities at the time of scholarship application are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Such students should update the application status with the endowment after securing admission to the preferred college/ university.
- The applicant should not be more than 45 years of age as on June 30, 2021.
- He/ she should have a good academic record and should have experience in the field, specializations, or training.
- The candidates going abroad for seminars, conferences, and undergraduate studies are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The selected scholars are awarded a travel grant along with gift awards under the J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship scheme. The other benefits offered by the scholarship are given below:
- Selected candidates get a one-time loan scholarship of up to INR 10,00,000.
- Partial travel assistance of up to INR 50,000 is provided to the candidates.
- Students get a gift award of up to INR 7,50,000.
J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Application Process:
The J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship 2021 application is done online through the J N Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians portal. The step by step application process is given below:
- Interested applicants should visit the J N Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians portal.
- He/ she should register on the portal with a valid email ID. All the subsequent correspondence will be done through email only.
- After successful registration, a one-time password is sent to the candidate which is valid for 48 hours. The candidate should change the password within 48 hours.
- The applicant should download the J N Tata Endowment Scholarship application form and fill in all the required details in the offline mode.
- The candidate should submit the completed application form along with the Letter of Recommendation (LOR) from the same email ID mentioned in the application form.
- The applications should not be sent via post in any case.
- The shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview in Mumbai.
J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Documents Required:
The important documents required for the J N Tata Endowment Scholarship application are listed below:
- Scanned copy of the official documents such as Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose in the prescribed format
- 1 Letter of Recommendation either from the college professor or employer (if employed)
J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Selection Criteria:
The selection criteria for the J N Tata Endowment Scholarship are given below:
- The loan scholarship is awarded to the brightest and best candidate with consistent academic performance.
- The selection process takes place in three stages of initial screening, online test, and interview session.
- Equal importance is given to co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- The candidate should have a very good GRE/ GMAT/ IELTS/ TOEFL score to have better chances of availing of the scholarship.
- The applicant should have a very strong statement of purpose to be preferred over other eligible applicants. The scholarship website has proper guidelines to construct a good statement of purpose.
- After the initial verification process of all the applications received, the candidates are shortlisted for the J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Online Test to be conducted on April 11, 2021, which is based on Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA).
- The technical interview, either conducted in person at Mumbai or through Skype by the Director of the Endowment and a subject expert, is the main deciding factor in the selection process.
- The students are required to come prepared with adequate knowledge in the subjects and the chosen areas of interest in any of the specializations mentioned in the admission application.
- The candidates of the 2nd-year are assessed on the first-year/ semester of the abroad study course.
- The final selection of the candidates for the J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship is done based on the performance in the interview, Online test score, and academic results score, GRE/ GMAT/ IELTS/ TOEFL score, co-curricular activities, extra-curricular activities, research work, statement of purpose, and work experience of the candidate.
- The final results are announced by the first week of July via email and the decision of the Trustees in this regard is final and should not be challenged.
J N Tata Endowment Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions for the J N Tata Endowment Scholarship application are listed below:
- The candidates shortlisted for the interview are not fully guaranteed to receive the loan scholarship.
- The selected candidate and the guardian should visit the administration office with a prior appointment to complete the necessary formalities.
- The candidate should have obtained the Visa.
- The candidate needs to record documentary evidence to prove that he/ she is capable to repay the loan and enter into a legal agreement with the Trustees.
- The scholars need to repay the loan scholarship in 5 equal installments of 20% each between the 3rd and 7th year of the course.
- Repayment of the loan amount should begin earlier than the 3rd year if the candidate has started earning.