|Conducted By||Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF)|
|Eligibility||First Class Post-Graduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 60% in both graduate and postgraduate level|
|Rewards||Total fellowship reward of INR 33,000|
|Last Date of Application||June 30, 2021|
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Summary:
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies is a merit-based fellowship funded by the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JMRF). The scholarship is offered to students who are pursuing doctoral programs in India. The scholarship provides aid to Indian citizens as well as Nationals of other Asian countries out of the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund. The duration of the scholarship is 2 years. A candidate may apply for the scholarship in any of the following disciplines:
- Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Ecology and Environmental Science)
- Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
- Indian History and Civilization
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate should hold a First Class Post-Graduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 60% in both graduate and postgraduate level.
- The candidate should not be above 35 years of age.
- The candidate must be a full-time Ph.D. scholar.
- The candidate should have a valid GATE/ NET score.
- The candidate should be registered for a Ph.D. degree with a recognized university in India.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Rewards:
- Maintenance Allowance (Including tuition fee) - INR 18,000 per month
- Other expenses for study tours with India, purchase of books, stationery, etc - INR 15,000
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Application Process:
- The interested candidates should visit http://www.jnmf.in/jnmf_scholarship_application_form.pdf and download the application form.
- The candidates have to send their application form along with all the required documents and a demand draft/ postal order.
- The demand draft/ postal order should be drawn in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” worth INR 100.
- The application forms along with the amount are to be sent to Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, and New Delhi - 110011 and must reach the Fund office on or before 31 May.
- A passport size photo to be pasted on the form
- A synopsis in about 1500 words with 1.5 spaced texts
- University Doctoral Monitoring Committee's report or Ph.D. Supervisor's report
- Attested copies of all educational certificates
- Ph.D. registration certificate
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Selection Process:
- The decision of the selection committee to call a candidate for an interview or select a candidate will be final, and no representation will be entertained.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Contact Details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact Number: +91-11-23013641
- Fax: +91 11-23011102
- Address: Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011, India