|Conducted By||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar|
|Eligibility||Candidates with a PhD degree|
|Rewards||INR 1,00,000 per month|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) offers an opportunity for candidates with a doctoral degree to work on research trials in an ingenious ecosystem. Candidates with an exceptional academic record can apply to the fellowship program. Selected fellows will receive a fellowship amount of INR 1,00,000 per month, INR 90,000, and INR 10,000 as HRA. The last date to apply for the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) is November 30th, 2021.
The selected candidates will work under a faculty in IIT Gandhinagar. They will be required to guide students in their projects, attend workshops and conduct scholarly activities. The IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) program enables the candidates to develop their leadership skills in academics and gain experience in their relevant field. They will be able to join the leading educational institutes in India after completing the fellowship.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria of IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship
The candidates should ensure they meet all the requirements before applying for the fellowship programme. IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) aims to recognise outstanding researchers in their respective disciplines. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- They should have pursued a PhD degree in an institution recognised by the Indian government.
- The candidates should have submitted their defence not later than January 1st.
- Their thesis should have received appreciation with supporting scholarly publications.
- The applicants should have either submitted their doctoral thesis or should submit it in the next two to three months.
- They should have exceptional research work.
IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship Benefits
The IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) programme is for one year. However, the authorities may extend it for up to two years, depending on the fellow's performance. The rewards of the fellowship are as follows:
- The institute will offer them INR 1,00,000 per month. (INR 90,000 as fellowship amount and INR 10,000 as HRA)
- The fellows will receive up to INR 2,00,000 per annum as a professional development grant.
- Besides their department, the candidates will have the privilege to access other research facilities at the institute.
How to Apply for the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship?
Candidates with a postdoctoral degree can apply to the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) online. However, they should ensure they meet the requirements before submitting their applications. The stepwise process to apply for the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) webpage.
Step 2 - They should click on the apply online here button.
Step 3 - The candidates should fill in the Google application form with their personal details.
Step 4 - They should upload the required documents and click on the submit button to complete the application process.
The candidates should upload the mandatory documents in the prescribed format. They should ensure their resume contains factual and authentic information. The documents to upload while applying for the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) are as follows:
- An updated CV
- Note: The CV should contain details of the applicant's scholarly contribution in book/book chapters
- Journal publications
- Conference posters/ papers
- Research grants
- Other scholarly work
- Research proposal
- Endorsement letter from the faculty collaborator at the IIT, Gandhinagar
- Degree certificates
- Contact details of three referees
- Journal papers representing the candidate's work
Terms and Conditions of IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship
The important terms and conditions of the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) are as follows:
- The candidates can submit one application and apply for any discipline.
- They should design a research proposal in the prescribed format. It should mention the research objectives, plan of work, and the IIT Gandhinagar's faculty collaborator should endorse the proposal.
- The applicants should submit a written statement with their expectations and aspirations for themselves during the fellowship.
- Besides working with the PhD supervisor, IITGN allows the candidates to work with a faculty collaborator on a topic of mutual interest.
If the candidates have any queries regarding the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF), they can contact the institute. The contact details are as follows:
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Indian Institute of Technology, Palau, Gujarat 382355|