|Conducted By||DST-SERB, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Candidates with an M.Sc degree in chemistry or any equivalent degree|
|Rewards||Up to INR 31,000 and HRA per month|
|Last Date of Application||June 10, 2021|
The IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship offers research projects to candidates with a postgraduate degree. The DST-SERB under the government of India provides the fellowship. The selected fellow will receive a consolidated amount of INR 31,000 and 8% HRA every month. The junior research position is a temporary position available for one person. The JRF position is offered for six months initially. However, the provider can renew it based on the fellow's performance. The last date to apply for the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship is June 10th, 2021.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship
The fellowship aims to promote higher studies and research in quality science. The applicants should hold a postgraduate degree from a recognized institution. The details of the eligibility criteria for the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship are as follows:
- The candidates should hold an M.Sc degree in chemistry or any equivalent degree.
- They should have obtained at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade.
- The applicants should not be over 28 years of age as of the date of application.
The selection panel will favour the candidates with the following criteria:
- The applicants with qualified marks in the national level tests such as CSIR/ UGC–NET, GATE, etc.
- The officials will prefer candidates with experience in synthetic chemistry/ catalysis and similar fields.
Benefits of IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship
The selected fellow will get an opportunity to work in a Metal Photoredox Catalyzed Remote project (β & γ) C(sp3)-H Trifluoromethylation & Acylation of Carboxamides. The fellows who have completed two years in the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship or those with more than two years of research experience will receive an increment as per the DST norms. The benefits of the fellowship are as follows:
- The candidate who has qualified for the national level tests will receive INR 31,000 per month.
- Those who have not qualified for the national level tests will receive INR 20,000 per month.
- The providers will offer 8% HRA each month.
- Selected candidates can also apply for the PhD programme at IISER, Tirupati.
How to Apply for IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship?
Interested candidates who fulfil all the requirements should email their applications by June 10th, 2021, 5:00 PM. The institute will intimate the shortlisted candidates only through email. Hence, the applicants are requested to provide their valid mobile number and email ID. The stepwise process to apply for the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship are as follows:
Step 1: The candidates should send their application and documents in the prescribed format through an email.
Step 2: They should mention the name of the post and the postcode in the email's subject line. For example, JRF / Project Assistant: 17/2021.
Step 3: They should email the application to [email protected].
The candidates are responsible for the authenticity and accuracy of their documents. If the institute detects any incorrect information during the programme, the fellow's candidature will be liable for immediate termination. The list of essential documents for the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship are as follows:
- The latest passport size photo
- Mark sheets
- Scorecards of the national level test
- Other relevant certificates
- Testimonials supporting the candidate's age, qualification, work experience, etc.
Important Dates for IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship
The candidates are advised to send the applications before the last date to avoid any rejections. After scrutinizing the applications, the institute will invite the shortlisted candidates to interview through the virtual model. The critical dates for the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship are as follows:
- Last date to apply: June 10th, 2021
- Interview date (tentative): June 24th, 2021
Terms and Conditions of IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship
The terms and conditions of the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) are as follows:
- The IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is a temporary position and will automatically be terminated at the end of the project without any notice or compensation.
- Not all eligible candidates will be selected for the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
- The panel will make the final selection based on the candidate's area of research, performance in the interview etc.
- The appointed fellow will have no claim of absorption in the funding agency.
- The funding agency will not provide any TA or DA to the candidate attending the interview.
- Selected JRF should join the fellowship immediately.
- IISER, Tirupati does not entertain any interim queries.
- The institute will disqualify students involving any political influence or otherwise.
- The candidates applying for the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship should submit the required documents when asked at the appropriate stage.
Tabulated below are the contact details of the IISER Tirupati DST-SERB junior research fellowship:
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tirupati, C/o Sree Rama Engineering College (Transit Campus), Rami Reddy Nagar, Karakambadi Road, Mangalam (P.O.), Tirupati -517507|