|Conducted By||Centre for Transportation and Logistics (CTL)|
|Eligibility||Candidates with a PhD degree in transportation/ logistics|
|Last Date of Application||May 31, 2021|
Centre for Transportation and Logistics (CTL) conducts the IIM Ahmedabad centre for transportation and logistics post-doctoral fellowship. The programme offers a postdoctoral fellow position to a selected candidate. It is a temporary position and is initially offered for one year. However, the management will renew the post doctoral fellowship for two years, depending on the fellow's performance. Candidates with a PhD degree in transportation or logistics are eligible to apply for the programme. The selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend as per the institute norms. The last date to apply for the IIM Ahmedabad centre for transportation and logistics post-doctoral fellowship is May 31st, 2021.
Table of Content
The management will select the candidates based on academic merit and work experience (if any). Interested candidates should meet the following criteria before applying for the IIM Ahmedabad centre for transportation and logistics post-doctoral fellowship:
- The candidates should hold a PhD degree in logistics or transportation (defined broadly).
- Their dissertation or thesis must be on a topic related to transportation/ logistics.
- The institute will prefer candidates with publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- They should have obtained the PhD degree from an institution or university in India or overseas.
- Those who have defended their dissertations are also eligible to apply for the fellowship. However, the candidates should submit proof of defence while applying for the programme and the PhD degree while joining the fellowship.
- The candidates must be capable of thinking and designing the research independently.
The selected post doctoral fellow will get an opportunity to work at the Centre for Transportation and Logistics (CTL). He/she will receive a fellowship stipend every month and additional benefits as per the rules of IIM Ahmedabad. The institute will provide the post doctoral fellow with office space and a desktop computer. However, they will not provide accomodation. CTL will cover the candidate's travel, conference visits, data collection, support to present his/her research, etc.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates should prepare an application and a detailed CV. They should email the documents to Ms Suganya Sudhakar (Assistant Manager, IIMA CTL). Given below are the application process for the IIM Ahmedabad centre for transportation and logistics post-doctoral fellowship:
Step 1 - The candidates should prepare a detailed CV and an application with a cover letter.
Step 2 - They should attach the required documents.
Step 3 - The applicants should mention 'Application for the position of PDF at CTL' in the email's subject line.
Step 4 - The candidates should email the documents and the applications to [email protected] within the deadline.
Note: The previous applicants need not re-apply to the programme.
The applicants should ensure they attach the mandatory documents while applying for the IIM Ahmedabad centre for transportation and logistics post-doctoral fellowship. The required documents to be submitted are as follows:
- Cover letter expressing their interest in the post doctoral fellowship
- An updated and detailed CV
- A detailed research proposal that contains the candidate's work plan for two years.
- Note: The research proposal should not exceed ten pages.
- A synopsis of the candidate's PhD dissertation
- Three recommendation letters
Terms and Conditions
The important terms and conditions of the IIM Ahmedabad centre for transportation and logistics post-doctoral fellowship are as follows:
- The institute will intimate only the shortlisted candidates for an interview.
- They will not be sending rejection letters.
- The management will conduct the interviews through a telephone, Skype/Zoom or in person.
- Emails regarding the status of the applications will not be entertained.
The candidates can contact Ms Suganya Sudhakar, Assistant Manager, for any queries regarding the IIM Ahmedabad centre for transportation and logistics post-doctoral fellowship. The contact details are as follows:
- Phone Number: +91-79 7152 7022
- Email ID: [email protected]