|Conducted By||The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies|
|Eligibility||Recent PhD recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law|
|Rewards||Maximum Annual stipend of $70,000|
|Last Date of Application||October 1, 2021|
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Summary:
The Harvard Academy Scholars Program is an initiative of The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies to provide financial support to academically outstanding scholars in the field of social sciences and law with good knowledge about languages and cultures outside the US and Canada.
The Harvard Academy Scholars represent a highly prestigious community of individuals with curiosity, originality, initiatives, resourcefulness, with work in the above-mentioned fields laying a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions. The duration of the scholarship program is two years. The scholars are granted in-residence, postdoctoral, fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. The scholars are also granted research assistance, to undertake research projects.
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Quick Links:
- Harvard Academy Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates with significant research work and proposals in the field of social science and law are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The detailed eligibility criteria are as mentioned below:
- Only recent Ph.D.recepients and doctoral candidates in the field of social science and law can apply for the scholarship.
- Those candidates who are still pursuing Ph.D. must have completed their routine training.
- The candidates still pursuing their Ph.D. must have their thesis compiled for defending before applying for the Academy Scholars.
- For those candidates who have completed their Ph.D., the completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline.
- The Selection Committee reviews all applications in one applicant pool.
- Applications for the 2021 postdoc fellowship was closed on October 1, 2020. However, the applications for the 2022 postdoc fellowship will open on June 1, 2021.
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Rewards:
The candidates are granted a number of rewards and benefits under the Academy Scholars Program. The detailed rewards list is as mentioned below:
- 4-6 Academy scholarships are granted every year.
- Academy scholars are allowed to reside in the Cambridge or Boston area for the tenure of their scholarship.
- Postdoctoral Academy scholars are rewarded with an annual stipend of $70,000.
- Ph.D. Scholars ( yet to complete their degree) are rewarded with an annual stipend of $31,000 till they receive their Ph.D.
- The annual Ph.D. Scholars stipend is not paid as cash, rather supplemented as conference funding, research travel, health insurance, research assistance, etc.
- The scholars are permitted to teach but it isn't mandatory.
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Application Process:
The detailed application process is mentioned below:
The candidate must submit the following documents along with the online application form:
- A cover letter that gives a vivid description of the candidates' academic discipline, specialization region, research agenda, etc.
- Candidate's resume, with a brief description of all research publications.
- Research proposal to be pursued at the University.
- A copy of the Ph.D. transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation.
The letter must be addressed to the "Selection Committee" of The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies. Candidates must apply on the Harvard Academy website by clicking on the apply now button.
Application Link: harvardacademystudies.communityforce.com
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Selection Process:
The candidates are selected by a dedicated group of people based on the quality of application form, research proposal, academic excellence, the relevance of the research discipline, etc. Selected candidates will be informed online.
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Contact Details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs,1727 Cambridge Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
- Phone: (617) 495-2137