|Conducted By||Goonj (a non-profit organisation)|
|Eligibility||Young graduates and professionals|
|Rewards||Up to INR 20,000 per month|
|Last Date of Application||March 31, 2023|
The Goonj fellowship is a one-year fellowship and an opportunity for young graduates and professionals to observe the realities of India first-hand and understand the practical aspects of working on the real issues. The candidates get a hands-on experience of connecting with Goonj’s ongoing campaigns/ planned campaigns along with its internal stakeholders and contributors. The candidates also get a chance to work with Goonj’s experienced rural and urban implementation teams on the last mile challenges and grassroots problems and solutions.The applications for the Goonj fellowship is officially closed. The tentative last date to submit applications for the grassroots program is March 31st, 2023.
Table of Contents
- Goonj Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Goonj Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
- Goonj Fellowship Application Process
- Goonj Fellowship Documents Required
- Goonj Fellowship Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Goonj Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The Goonj fellowship is provided to young graduates and professionals in India. The other eligibility criteria for the fellowship application are given below:
- The applicant should have a graduation degree in any discipline.
- The fellowship is provided to Indian citizens only.
- The applicant should be between 21-30 years of age with a maximum age of 30 years.
Goonj Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
The Goonj fellowship is a 1-year fellowship that provides an opportunity for the candidates to work on the real problems in India’s rural and urban areas. The other scholarship benefits are listed below:
- The selected candidates will receive a fellowship stipend ranging between INR 18,000 to INR 20,000 per month depending on the city where he/ she is designated.
- The stipend is inclusive of travel charges, internet charges, phone recharge, etc.
- The candidates get reimbursement on city travel allowances.
- The fellows are also eligible for 20 additional leaves per year along with regular national holidays.
- The fellows will be required to prepare a 3-month project plan focussing on any of the impact areas Goonj works on i.e water, sanitation, infrastructure, education, menstrual hygiene, and should be based on the insights gained out of Goonj’s two decades of work.
- The proposed projects will then be presented to a panel of experts who will clarify the plans and then the fellows will get a chance to implement them, working closely with the Goonj team.
Goonj Fellowship Application Process
The Goonj fellowship application is done online through the Goonj organization’s official website or even in offline mode. The step by step application process is explained below:
- The interested applicants should visit the Goonj Official Page and click on the ‘Goonj Fellowship’ section.
- They should click on the Application Form. They can access the applications in English or Hindi.
- Both Goonj fellowship offline form and Goonj fellowship online form is displayed on the screen.
- The online applicant should fill in all the required details such as name, age, sex, contact number, email id, etc.
- The candidate should provide answers to some questions, choose the city for the Goonj Fellowship interview, and upload the CV, SOP, and referee details.
- Finally, the online applicant should submit the online application along with the statement of purpose and recommendation letter to [email protected].
- The offline applicant should download the offline application, enter all the required details, and send the completed application form with the subject line ‘Goonj Fellowship’ to Goonj, J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076.
Goonj Fellowship Documents Required
The important documents required to submit along with the Goonj fellowship application form are given below:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) with less than 500 words.
Goonj Fellowship Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for the Goonj fellowship are given below:
- The SOP should clearly answer questions such as why the applicant is applying for the fellowship, what does he/ she expect to get out of this experience, and how the fellowship will help them in the future action plan.
- Goonj has offices in Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Rishikesh, Chennai, Kochi, and Mumbai and the candidates are placed in any of the locations based on need and interest.
- The fellow should not pursue any online/ offline course during the fellowship period.
- The candidate can be placed in any rural/ urban area for a short/ long term during the fellowship.
- The issues and ideas of the candidate should be aligned with Goonj’s ongoing work/ projects.
- If the applicant has any specific passion/ idea, they should mention it in the application and interview.
- The applicants from social work, liberal arts, entrepreneurship studies, and the people who have done other prestigious fellowships like Gandhi fellowship, Teach for India fellowship, YIFs, Jagriti Yatra are eligible to apply for the fellowship but will not be given any extra preference or advantage.
- The fellowship will be for 12 months and any candidate who leaves at any point before the completion of the fellowship will not be given any certificate.
- The fellowship has a lock-in period of 6 months during which if the fellow leaves he/ she will not be given the fellowship certificate and a month’s stipend will be held back.
- The candidate can only quit the fellowship halfway in case of health emergencies.
- Address: Goonj, J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Contact Number: 011-26972351, 011-41401216
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.