|Conducted By||Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation|
|Eligibility||Undergraduates who wish to pursue their Master's Degree in Germany|
|Rewards||Maximum Scholarship of EUR 39,000 - INR 30,38,523|
|Last Date of Application||September 15, 2021|
German Chancellor Fellowship Summary:
The German Chancellor Fellowship is an initiative taken by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to encourage international undergraduate students from all streams to pursue their higher education, research, Master's, etc. The fellowship promotes the development of research-based projects at host institutions in Germany. The fellowship program is not only limited for the time duration of the students' Degree Programs but German Chancellor Fellows, become permanent members of the Humboldt network and act as intermediaries between their home nation and the Federal Republic of Germany. Meritorious candidates from India, USA, Brazil, China and Russia with a passion to contribute significantly to the society can apply for the fellowship for a Master's Degree in the following mentioned disciplines:
German Chancellor Fellowship Quick Links:
- German Chancellor Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
German Chancellor Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
The fellowship is applicable only for graduates from the above-mentioned countries with the respective streams. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The candidate must have completed his class 12th and Undergraduate or have a Bachelor's degree at the same level.
- Only those candidates from India, USA, Brazil, China, and Russia are allowed to apply.
- The candidate must have some demonstrated leadership experience in sectors dealing with economics, politics, media administration and culture.
- Candidates have to devote a years time working on a self-developed project.
- Candidates who have spent more than 6 months in Germany prior to the application deadline are not eligible to apply.
German Chancellor Fellowship Rewards:
A total of 50 fellowships are awarded. Candidates can use cash rewards for their living and traveling expenses. The detailed rewards are as mentioned:
- Depending on the academic level of the scholar, the fellowship rewards range between EUR 2,150, EUR 2,450 or EUR 2,750 per month.
- The research cost allowance is EUR 500 to the hosts in Germany.
- Travel expenses of the fellows are covered under the fellowship scheme as well.
- Allowances are granted to the fellows for family members to stay up to a time duration of 3 months.
- German Language courses will be granted to those fellows who lack the required level of proficiency.
- The fellows will also be given a Europe allowance for their stay at any institute in Europe (other than Germany) for a total time period of 2 months for completion of research projects if required.
- The German Chancellor Fellows will be guided throughout extensively by a well built and networking alumni support.
German Chancellor Fellowship Application Process:
Interested candidates are required to apply online for the fellowship. The detailed application process is mentioned below:
- The applicants have to visit the official website www.humboldt-foundation.de create an account with their email address, name, password, username, etc.
- The applicants will also have to provide two letters of recommendations from distinct holders of relevant positions backing the candidature.
- The applicants will also be required to give a motivational letter of about two pages.
- The applicants will be required to produce a project write up of about three pages explaining the aspirations and objectives to work on the same.
- The applicants will not be required to fill up a separate application form but fill in the courses they'd opt for the fellowship. Selections will be made based on their academic performances and contributions in the relevant field.
- The deadline to apply is 15th September 2021.
German Chancellor Fellowship Selection Process:
- Candidates will be solely selected by a panel of members after reviewing the project aspirations, synopses, letters of recommendation, academic excellence and leadership qualities.
- The applicants will be informed online about their selection.
German Chancellor Fellowship Contact Details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact No: +49 (0)228-833-0
- Address: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Jean-Paul-Str. 12, 53173 Bonn, Germany (or) Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Berlin Office, WissenschaftsForum Markgrafenstr. 37, 10117 Berlin, Germany.