|Conducted By||Georg Eckert Institute|
|Eligibility||Undergraduates who wish to pursue their Master's Degree in Germany|
|Rewards||monthly stipend of EUR 1000 (INR 77,931)|
|Last Date of Application||September 15, 2021|
The Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship Program is conducted by the Georg Eckert Institute (GEI). It was initiated to promote international academic exchange and develop the idea of international textbook research among students globally.
Students who are willing to pursue a Masters Degree in Germany after graduation from Bachelors are eligible to apply. The last date to apply for the scholarship is 15 September, 2019. A monthly stipend EUR 1000 (INR 77,931) will be awarded to the shortlisted candidate.
The fellowships at GEI are provided to encourage studies on textbook development in the subjects represented at the Institute which aim at production on textbooks based on comparative international research, academic research in the fields of history, geography and social science.
Fellowships Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
Georg Eckert Institute (GEI) Fellowship Programme Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates who uphold interests in textbook research with an undergraduate degree are eligible for the scholarship. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The candidates should have a university degree.
- The candidates who are involved in textbook writing and employed by textbook publishers are also encouraged to apply.
- The work taken by a candidate must be paralleled to the institute's projects in the field of international textbook research.
- He/ She should have a self-developed research project synopsis to work on during the time of stay at the Institute.
GEI Fellowship Programme Rewards and Benefits:
Fellows are granted monetary benefit for their research. The detailed rewards are mentioned below:
- The fellows are granted monthly stipend of EUR 1000.
- Fellowships are awarded for a period of maximum one and a half months.
- Fellows will be allowed to apply for travel allowance.
- 50% of Travel expenses will be covered up to a maximum of EUR 500.
- The Institute may offer fellowships attached to specific topics on a competitive basis occasionally.
Application Process for GEI Fellowship:
Candidates have to apply online for the Fellowship. The detailed application process is mentioned below:
- The application form can be downloaded from is available on the official website.
- The candidates have to submit their CV which contains information about academic records, language proficiency, etc.
- The candidates must submit a list of publications.
- He/ She has to give a synopsis (1 - 3 pages) about the aims and aspirations leading to their current proposed research topic.
- The candidates have to submit a detailed list of primary and secondary literature which the candidate wishes to study.
- The deadline for application submission is 15th September 2021. The application must be submitted in pdf format to [email protected]
- Fellows are required to submit reports explaining the research conducted.
GEI Fellowship Programme Selection Process:
The shortlisting of candidates for the scholarship is based on the following:
- The fellowships will be granted after a discussion by a committee consisting of academic members and the institute director.
- The decision of the committee will be final and no changes whatsoever will be done.
- The committee meeting takes place during October of each year.
- The candidates will be informed about the fellowship by the end of November of each year.
- The committee considers applicants of German as well as Foreign Nationality.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Address: Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research, Member of the Leibniz Association (GEI), Celler Straße 3, D-38114 Braunschweig
- Contact Number: +49 (0) 531 590 99 100