|Conducted By||Felix Scholarship Trust|
|Eligibility||Meritorious Indian graduate students|
|Rewards||Up to USD 42,100|
|Last Date of Application||January 29, 2021|
What is the Felix Scholarship?
Felix Scholarship is awarded by the Felix Scholarship Trust to underprivileged Indian students with a first-class degree to pursue an education at the 3 universities of the UK i.e. University of Oxford, University of Reading, and SOAS University of London. The main aim of the scholarship is to financially support the students willing to pursue a full-time Ph.D. or Masters level programs in any field (except Medicine) by covering the tuition fees and living cost. The Felix Scholarship Scheme currently provides approximately 20 scholarships to students of underprivileged countries for study at the three universities.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Felix Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Felix Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- Felix Scholarship Application Process
- Felix Scholarship Selection Process
- Felix Scholarship Contact Details
Felix Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Outstanding graduates with an excellent academic record are eligible to apply for the Felix Scholarship. The other eligibility criteria required to apply for the scholarship are listed below:
- The applicant should opt for a full-time postgraduation program from any of the three universities.
- The student should be an Indian national.
- He/ she should not be currently residing outside India.
- The candidate should have a first-class undergraduate degree from any of the recognized universities/institutes of India.
- The applicants who already are enrolled in a Master’s degree are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates are required to return to their home county post completion of the course.
Felix Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
All the scholars receive a stipend that covers the living expense and also tuition fees. The scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need of the candidates. The scholarship benefits provided by each of the universities are given below:
|S No.||University Name||Scholarship Benefit|
University of Oxford
University of Reading
SOAS University of London
Felix Scholarship Application Process:
Candidates should apply to any one of the universities i.e. the University of Oxford, University of Reading, or the SOAS University of London. The application process for each of the university is explained in detail below:
University of Oxford Application Process:
- The University of Oxford has no separate application process.
- Interested candidates should submit the application for graduate studies by the January deadline for the relevant course.
- All the Nationality details and qualification details are taken from the respective sections of the graduation application form.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicants should have secured a place in the course by the January deadline. Waiting list applications and applications considered for re-evaluation along with the March deadline applications are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Shortlisted Indian candidates are asked to fill a short questionnaire before being called for an interview in India. Non- Indian candidates do not have an interview process.
University of Reading Application Process:
- To apply for the scholarship, the applicant should first have an admission offer letter to the master’s program from the University of Reading before January 29, 2021.
- After receiving the offer letter, the applicant should fill in the scholarship application form at the University of Reading application portal.
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) Application Process:
- Candidates should first apply for a postgraduate/ research degree program at SOAS University of London.
- The applicants should receive their admission offer letter by January 29, 2021, after which he/ she should fill in the Felix Scholarship online application form.
Felix Scholarship Selection Process:
The candidates are shortlisted for the scholarship based on outstanding academic merit and financial need. The detailed selection process for the Felix Scholarship is explained below:
- Candidates are selected based on academic excellence and financial need.
- The candidates are shortlisted in early March 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to complete a short questionnaire and appear for an interview in India.
- The shortlisted candidates receive a letter with the date and venue of the interview.
- The interview accesses the candidates’ academic abilities, personality, financial need, and also their need for the Felix scholarship.
- Each interview lasts for about 30 minutes and is generally held in New Delhi or Bangalore.
- The interview results are announced by May 2021.
- Non- Indian students do not have an interview process.
The applicants are required to contact the respective universities for any queries regarding the scholarship
For University of Oxford:
- Address: University of Oxford
Student Fees and Funding
3rd Floor, 4 Worcester Street,
Oxford, OX1 2BX
- Contact Number: 1865 616670
- Fax: 1865 270077
- Web address: www.ox.ac.uk/feesandfunding
For University of Reading:
- Address: University of Reading
The Graduate School University of Reading
Old Whiteknights House
RG6 6AH UK
- Contact Number: 118 378 6169
- Fax: 118 378 4252
- Web address: www.reading.ac.uk
- E-mail ID: [email protected]
For the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London
- Address: Scholarships Officer
SOAS University of London
WC1H 0XG UK
- Contact Number: 20 7074 5091
- Fax: 20 7074 5089
- Web address: www.soas.ac.uk/registry/scholarships
- Email ID: [email protected]