|Conducted By||Dr. BR and CR Shetty Foundation|
|Eligibility||For students pursuing medical and allied health sciences|
|Last Date of Application||August 31, 2020|
The Dr. BR and CR Shetty Scholarship provide financial aid to meritorious students in the field of Medical and Allied Health Sciences. The scholarship focuses on B.Sc. and Diploma students of related courses by providing them with a yearly allowance of ₹60,000.
The scholarship is being conducted by Dr. BR and CR Shetty Foundation, a non-profit organization supporting underprivileged people of the education and health sector. The scholarship scheme is open to medical students who come from Udupi in the state of Karnataka.
The purpose of Dr. BR and CR Shetty scholarship is to empower meritorious students to overcome their economical disability and continue higher education in medical fields.
Note: The deadline mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change at the provider's discretion.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Important Documents
- Eligible Courses
- Contact Details
Dr. BR & CR Shetty Scholarship for Academic Excellence Eligibility Criteria:
All the applicants must fulfill the following criteria in order to apply for the Scholarship:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Udupi in the State of Karnataka.
- The student must have secured at least 60 percent marks in class 12 or equivalent examination.
- The overall Family Annual Income should not be more than ₹4.00 Lakh.
- Applicant must be in the 1st year or 2nd year of B.Sc. (3 years) or 1st year of Diploma (2 years) in the field of medical and allied health science.
List of Special Preferences for students in crisis:
- Differently Abled students.
- Applicants with single parent support.
- Students with more than three children in a family.
- Candidates with family members having a serious medical condition such as cancer, Endosulphan poisoning, HIV, etc.
- Children of Beedi workers.
Dr. BR & CR Shetty Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
Selected candidates of medical and allied health science courses can benefit the following rewards:
- The Scholarship will be disbursed to a total number of 50 students.
- INR 60,000 will be awarded to each selected candidate.
- Scholarship Renewal is granted based on the student’s academic performance.
Dr. BR & CR Shetty Scholarship Application Process:
The steps by step process for the scholarship applications are as follows:
- Visit the official application portal of Dr. BR & CR Shetty Scholarship.
- Register using E-mail id or Facebook.
- Log in and submit 'Start Application'.
- Fill up the application form.
- Upload all the requested documents.
- Click on Submit.
Dr. BR & CR Shetty Scholarship Important Documents:
The applicants are advised to produce all the required documents for Scholarship Application:
- Domicile Certificate verified by the Ward Counsellor/CO/SDM/DM/Mukhiya or Sarpanch.
- ID Proof such as Aadhar Card/Driving License/Pan Card etc.
- Mark Sheet copy of class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Admission Proof of current courses, such as Fee Receipt/College ID Card/Admission Letter, etc.
- Income proof verified by Ward Counsellor /Panchayat/ Tehsil / CO/DM/SDM /Sarpanch etc.
- Proof of Special Preferences for students in crisis.
Disability Certificate for Differently Abled.
- Death Certificate or other proof for Single Parent-Child.
- Ration Card or other valid proof for the student from more than 3 children in a family.
- Medical proof for the candidate with any family member having serious medical conditions.
Eligible Courses under the Dr. BR & CR Shetty Scholarship:
For Diploma Courses with 2-year duration:
Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Technology, OT Technician, OT Technology, Dialysis technique, X-Ray Technology, Medical Imaging Technology, Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Technology, OT Technician and Nursing Care Assistant.
For B.Sc. with 3-year course duration:
Nursing, Neuroscience Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Perfusion Technology, Hospital Administration, Neuro Physiology, Prosthetics, Medical Laboratory Technology, Dialysis Technology, Radiotherapy Technology, Renal Dialysis Technology, Imaging Technology, Physiotherapy, ANM, Respiratory Care Therapy, Optometry, Cardiac Care Technology, and Anaesthesia Technology.
Any other medical courses related to allied medical sciences from recognized institutions.
- Phone Number: 011-430-92248 (Ext: 112)
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Address: Dr. BR and CR Shetty Foundation, Unit No. 311, 3rd Floor, HM Geneva House, #14, Cunningham Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore 560052.