|Conducted By||National Innovation Foundation (NIF) and the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Students who have passed out of school and are within 17 years of age|
|Rewards||Appreciation certificates, travel allowances and other benefits|
|Last Date of Application||August 31, 2020|
IGNITE Awards is one of the most prestigious awards given to school children in memory of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam. It invites application for its tenth national competition of the year 2019. The IGNITE Awards have been organized by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF), a Self-Governing body of the Department of Science and Technology of Govt. of India.
Note: The last date mentioned above is tentative and could be changed at the provider's discretion.
The rewards for the scholarship includes certificate, travel allowance and other recognitions.
The contest was introduced in the year 2008 to encourage children to think creatively and productively while creating something original and innovative in the field of technology. For the past nine years, IGNITE has received around 1, 54,500 applications and 201 awards have been distributed to 277 children.
Every year NIF announces the award on 15th October which is Dr. Kalam’s Birthday and also Children’s Creativity and Innovation day celebrated by NIF.
Awards Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access is given below:
Importance of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards:
The fundamental objective to commemorate Abdul Kalam IGNITE Award is to promote creative yet knowledgeable activities among school children. The NIF observes that every child is creative, as grow old or ‘matured’ they stop asking questions and end up losing originality in their works. Through the annual competition, National Innovation Foundation believes that they can add flair to the originality and innovation among children.
The contest is more like an endorsement than a competition, winners do get valuable recognition but more than that it’s the invigoration they feel to attain inventiveness and craftship in academics as well as in daily life.
An academically matured student can dispense various inventions to the country also to the socially impaired sections of the society. Here is the importance of IGNITE and its vision to inspire young talents and burst their innovation into flames.
What are the Ideas IGNITE Awards is inviting?
IGNITE is inviting innovations and technological ideas from students that must be of the original. Students are encouraged to implement technological idea or innovation to solve any one of the daily life problems they come across with. Also they can learn and document any Traditional Knowledge from their elders or neighbours, this idea is to promote and preserve the rich traditional knowledge which is an integral part of the culture and conservative society.
Students have all the freedom in selecting their idea and implementing their submission, it can be in any written format for application submission. After the selection process, students will have to produce work models and their creations (if any) for the traditional Knowledge documentation , written report/infographs or photographs can be added.
IGNITE Awards Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criterion to apply for the competition is mentioned below:
- Applicants must be children of class 12 or below.
- To apply, the age limit is 17 for school students as well as children out of school.
- Students from any board of education are eligible to participate in IGNITE Awards.
- Students from any background such as Science, Commerce, and Arts are eligible for participating in Kalam IGNITE Awards.
- Children up to age 17 from Un-Organised sector with basic/ formal education can apply.
IGNITE Awards Benefits and Rewards:
The rewards for the IGNITE Awards are:
- NIF will be evaluating all the submissions and will send feedback to participants.
- An exhibition would be organized only for the Awarded/ Selected Projects.
- NIF will bear the travel allowance and local hospitality of the selected student(s) and one person who is accompanying the student.
- The ideas found practical and useful will be provided with financial and mentoring support.
- For deserving cases, the patent would be issued in the student’s name without any cost.
- Ideas may fascinate entrepreneurs and there may be monetary consideration if it gets licensed.
- The student will be considered as the Scout of the particular Idea or Project.
Application Process Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards:
The step-by-step application process to avail the awards are:
- The candidates should click here to apply.
- The applicant can E-mail the details to [email protected]
- Details such as age, class, address, contact number, school name, and school address along with the project details (title, detail and photos / diagrams). And the declaration that the project has been done by the student without any guidance from parents or teachers.
- The participant can submit ideas online.
- Submit Online link is available on the official website of NIF (Click on Submit Online > Enter the details > Upload File (Idea/ Traditional Knowledge) > Submit).
- Student can post the submission directly or through the School Principal.
Address: Dr A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards
National Innovation Foundation - India
IGNITE Awards Terms and Conditions:
The conditions to be followed to avail the award are:
- No particular format for the submission except, the student must mention the name, age, class, address, contact number, school name, and school address along with the project details (title, detail and photos/ diagrams).
- Also, students are suggested to enroll in a declaration that the project has been done by the student without any guidance from parents or teachers.
- The general essay’s on problems of social issues such as unemployment, global warming are not considered for the submission.
- Projects or concepts from textbooks such as rainwater harvesting, vermicompost, letterbox alarm are not allowed for submission.
- Projects guided by teachers or parents are strictly not considered for the submission.
- The number of awards depends upon the number of quality submissions.
- Students can submit as many entries as they want.
- Submissions must be of original in idea and innovations.
- Students are encouraged to submit ideas in a group.
- No separate awards for groups and individuals.
For the Selection Process, there are experts who will be evaluating the submissions.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone number: 02764261131/ 32/ 38/ 39
- Phone Number II: +91-2764-350001, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06