|Conducted By||CERN Theoretical Physics Department|
|Eligibility||Post Doctoral Candidates|
|Rewards||Fully Funded Fellowship|
|Last Date of Application||March 1, 2021|
CERN Fellowship Summary:
CERN is offering highly credible candidates Limited Duration (LD) research staff positions in the Theoretical Physics Department (CERN-TH). Candidates with their research streamlined in any of the CERN Theoretical Physics Department areas. The positions have tenure for 5 years (extensible up to 6 years) for full-time research in theoretical physics. Top researchers in the field of theoretical physics apply for the CERN scholarship as the research is fully funded and the institute consists of the world's top research facilities for theoretical physics.
CERN Fellowship Quick Links:
- CERN Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
CERN Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
CERN Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded to highly experienced and qualified Ph.D. candidates in the Department of Theoretical Physics. The detailed eligibility criteria are as mentioned:
- The applicants must belong from a CERN member state or have citizenship of any.
- Applicants who hold a Ph.D. degree in Theoretical Physics are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who have their thesis and are yet to defend their Ph.D. thesis are also eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have at least 10 years of work experience post their Ph.D. which qualifies as a postdoctoral position and thus enabling them to avail the scholarship.
CERN Fellowship Rewards:
- Salaries of the scholars are calculated individually and granted.
- Scholars receive complete health care schemes for themselves and their dependents.
- Scholars are reimbursed complete travel expenses for themselves and their families.
- The scholars are granted family allowance, child allowance, and an installation grant.
CERN Fellowship Application Process:
Interested candidates must apply online for the fellowship. The detailed application process is as mentioned below:
- The candidates have to fill up the online application form carefully.
- Candidates must attach their CV with detailed publications of their research works in the field of theoretical physics.
- Candidates have to attach a photocopy of their latest academic transcripts.
- Candidates have to give a short letter of motivation/ cover letter for applying to the fellowship and convince the board as to why the scholarship should be granted to them.
- Candidates much attach 3 letters of references.
- Candidates must provide a brief description of their research interests.
- Nominations are also accepted by CERN as well and can be submitted directly to [email protected]
Candidates can apply from the official website th-dep.web.cern.ch. The deadline for the CERN fellowship application year 2020-21 for international applicants is 01 March 2021.
CERN Fellowship Selection Process:
The candidates will be selected based on the following criteria for CERN Scholarship:
- Quality of the application form.
- Research proposal and interests.
- Experience in the field of theoretical physics
- Financial conditions
- Academic excellence
- The pursuit of Post Doctoral studies and further research plans
- The letter of references
- Cover letter
Applications are reviewed by a committee dedicated for the task and after the committee discusses, the fellows are selected. The decision of the committee is final and no changed will be made whatsoever. The candidates will be informed through email about their candidature and fellowship selection. Candidates must formally accept the letter of acceptance as a procedural norm under CERN Fellowship.
CERN Fellowship Contact Details:
- Email: [email protected] (Gian Giudice, Theoretical Physics Department Head)
- Address: CERN dep TH, 1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland
- Contact: +41 (0)22 767 3203