|Conducted By||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Minority girl students from class IX to class XII|
|Rewards||Up to INR 6,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 15, 2021|
The Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Minority Girl Students is the central government scheme under the Ministry of Minority Affairs implemented through Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF). This national scholarship scheme assists, promote and recognize the minority girl students of National Minorities those are academically meritorious but lacks financial stability.
The scholarship award is upto INR 6000.
Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been considered as minority communities of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 under Section 2 (c). Eligible girl students from class 9 to 12th will be provided with the Scholarship for the entire academic year. The Scholarship allowance Scheme of INR 5000 and INR 6000 will be disbursed under two categories as class 9 - 10 and class 11 – 12.
The Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship was implemented by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) in the year 2003-2004. Since then over 5,89,838 girl students have been benefited with a Scholarship amount of INR 504.16 crore.
Eligible Meritorious girl students of National Minorities can apply for the Scheme through the Scholarship portal of Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF). The last date to apply for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship is December 15th, 2021.
About Maulana Azad Education Foundation:
The Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship is being annunciated by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation which is a non-political and non-profit organization founded on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth centenary. The organization is completely funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the Government of India with an aim to encourage education among the financially disadvantaged minorities notified by the National Minority authority.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Renewal of Scholarship
- Mode of Transfer
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Minority Girl Students Eligibility Criteria:
The Scholarship program is reserved for girl students of 6 National Minorities i.e. Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis).
- The applicant must be a girl with Indian Nationality.
- The girl must be a student from class 9 to 12.
- Applicant must have secured at least 50 percent mark/ equivalent grade in her previous examination.
- The overall family annual income should not exceed INR 2.00 lakh.
- The Scholarship is not applicable to more than two students from a family of the same class.
- The Scholarship is not applicable to candidates studying abroad.
- Scholars under any other Central/State Government Scheme are not allowed to apply for this Scheme.
Reservations are provided based on the availability of scholarships and the specified conditions are mentioned below:
- The total number of Scholarships are reserved to the Minority Communities in that particular State/UT based on the Minority population of that State with respect to the 2011 Census.
- If any minority community in a particular State or Union Territory is not utilised then the Scholarship will equally be distributed among the same minorities in other States and Union territories.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Minority Girl Students Rewards and Benefits:
The Scholarship is admissible for the expenditure on school fee, books, stationary and HRA/Boarding charges:
- A Scholarship amount of INR 5000 per student will be disbursed to class 9 and 10th.
- INR 6000 each will be given to students of class 11 and 12th.
Application Process for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Minority Girl Students:
Applicants are advised to apply online through the official portal by clicking here.
- First-time applicants have to fill up the Student Registration Form.
- Fill up the registration form by enrolling details such as class, name, address, school, etc.
- Submit the registration form.
- Download the School verification form which needs to be verified by the school principal and uploaded while submitting the form.
- Log In using the registered phone number and date of birth.
- Enrol bank details, marks, income details etc.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Submit the application form.
Scholarship Selection Process:
The step by step selection procedure to shortlist the candidates for the scholarship is implemented as follows:
- The selection of Scholars is based on their merit/ marks obtained in the previous final examination.
- The latter shortlist will be issued on the basis of family annual income.
- Meritorious girls are selected from Minority Communities in that particular State/UT based on the Minority population of that State with respect to the 2011 Census.
Renewal of Scholarship:
As the scheme is open for all classes, no applications for Scholarship Renewal will be entertained. The beneficiaries from class 9 to 12th will have to submit fresh applications for each class.
Note: Scholarship once canceled under any circumstance cannot be revived under the Scholarship disbursement rule.
Mode of Transfer:
- The Scholarship amount will be directly credited to the beneficiary bank account.
- The Scholarship amount will be credited through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) Mode, a Central Government Initiative to reduce leakages and delays.
- Any other payment modes of Cheque/DD, transfer in parents account are not permissible.
Terms and Conditions:
- The income certificate must be a valid affidavit from the concerned State/UT Administration or issued by Municipal Board, MLA, MP, Councillors, Gazetted Officer, Pardhan / Sarpanch etc.
- It is mandatory that income certificate should be in Hindi or English language, In case if its in regional language a notarized version of Hindi or English should be accompanied.
- All other required documents should be in Hindi or English.
- No hard copy is required to send directly or via post to the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF).
- There is no fee for online application and no charges for any other service under the Scheme.
- It is mandatory to download the School Verification Form and get it signed by the School Principal.
- Multiple application forms from one student shall be considered as duplicate and will be rejected.
- The Scholarship will be canceled if there is a study gap in the academic session.
- If it is found that the Scholar has forged the information or certificate, Scholarship shall be cancelled.
- Once the Scholarship is discontinued, it will not be revived under any circumstances.
- There is no Renewal of Scholarship as the student must apply for each year.
- Candidates availing Scholarship from any State or Central Scheme are not eligible for this Scheme.
- The Scholarship is not applicable for any students except the six notified minority community girls.