|Conducted By||The University of Adelaide, Australia|
|Eligibility||An exceptional Indian student undertaking a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Adelaide|
|Region||India and Australia|
|Rewards||A 50% waiver on the tuition fees and a stipend of A$30,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 15, 2021|
Ashok Khurana Scholarship is offered by the University of Adelaide, Australia. It is open to applications from outstanding students of India. The University of Adelaide offers scholarships to pursue full-time postgraduate studies in subjects offered at the University. The scholarship was pioneered by Professor Ashok Khurana, a former teaching faculty at the University of Adelaide. The Scholarship is launched for candidates who will be undertaking a postgraduate course at the University in the areas of:
- Agriculture (including Food Security and Wine)
- Health Services (including Biotechnology)
- Clean Technology
- Environment (including Urban Planning and Architecture)
- Any other programs as agreed by the Donor and the University
The student applying for the scholarship should already have an offer of admission from the University of Adelaide. Applicants must be able to showcase exceptional leadership qualities and the ability to significantly enhance India.
Ashok Khurana Scholarship Quick Links:
Ashok Khurana Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The scholarship is exclusively eligible for Indian citizens with high academic excellence and well-demonstrated leadership qualities. The detailed eligibility criteria are as mentioned:
- The applicant must be an Indian National or an International Student with Indian Citizenship.
- He/ She must be a graduate and interested in pursuing post-graduation, i.e, a Master's Degree.
- The applicant must have an offer of acceptance from the University of Adelaide, into any one of its post-graduation programs before applying for this scholarship.
- The applicant should have adequate English Proficiency level that is required by the University's terms to pursue a Master's Degree.
- Applicants who have applied for, or will apply for Australian permanent resident status are ineligible to apply.
Ashok Khurana Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The detailed rewards list for the Ashok Khurana Scholarship is as mentioned below:
- One scholarship is awarded per year.
- The duration of the scholarship is one year only.
- The scholarship amount is $25,000 for one year which reimburses airfare, living expenses, and tuition fees.
- Scholars are granted a 50% waiver on tuition fee.
Ashok Khurana Scholarship Application Process:
Interested candidates should visit the official Ashok Khurana scholarship website to apply for the scholarship. The detailed application process is mentioned below:
Candidates can fill the Online Application Form, the details to be filled in the Application Form are as follows:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Personal Statement of Purpose which should not be exceeding 2 pages should be uploaded.
The recipient of the scholarship will be required to report on their experiences to representatives of the appropriate bodies both in Australia and India. Acceptance of the Scholarship offer cannot be deferred.
Selection Process for Ashok Khurana Scholarship:
The Selection Process of Ashok Khurana Scholarship is based on :
- Academic merit of the applicant.
- A personal statement which demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities and an intention to significantly enhance India's development in their field of study upon completion of their studies.
Note: The University has the right to change the award, or not to offer a scholarship if the candidates have not achieved the level of academic achievement to merit the awards.
- Address: The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, 5005 Australia
- Phone Number: +61-8-8313-7335
- Toll-Free No: 1800-061-459