|Conducted By||American Association of University Women [AAUW]|
|Eligibility||Female candidates in all fields of study|
|Region||India and the US|
|Rewards||Up to USD 30,000|
|Last Date of Application||November 15, 2022|
This scholarship is provided by the American Association of University Women (AAUW) to women who are interested in pursuing full-time graduate or post-doctoral studies in the US. The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to women to help them pursue higher education. It was initiated to empower women across all corners of the world towards academic growth and success.
Table of Contents
- AAUW International Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
AAUW International Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Female candidates with good academic records are eligible for the AAUW International fellowship program. The detailed information about the eligibility criteria for the fellowship program are mentioned below:
- Only women candidates are eligible.
- The candidate should be a country of any country other than the United States.
- The candidate should hold a degree equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree.
- The candidate should have an intention to return to her home country after the end of the program.
- The applicant should be a native speaker of the English language.
- The candidate should have received a secondary diploma or an undergraduate degree from an English speaking institution.
- The candidate should have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 in Paper-based test, 79 in Internet-based, 60 in revised paper delivered test
AAUW International Fellowship Rewards
Candidates receive cash benefits for the fellowship program depending on the degree they choose to pursue. The detailed reward breakdown for the different fellowship courses are as follows:
- The fellowship for Master’s/ first professional degree is USD 20,000
- The fellowship for Doctoral Studies in USD 25,000
- The fellowship for Postdoctoral studies in USD 50,000
AAUW International Fellowship Application Process
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. Further details about the application procedure are mentioned below:
- Interested candidates need to register on their official website.
- After registering, the candidates need to log in using their email ID and password
- The candidates need to fill in the necessary details and upload the documents
- The candidates can then submit the application
- Academic transcripts
- CV/ Resume
- Admission Letter
- TOEFL test score
- Transcripts for enrollment proof
AAUW International Fellowship Selection Process
The selection will be made on the basis of the following criteria:
- Proposed time schedule
- Academic and personal qualifications
- Financial need
- The motivation for further studies or research
- Applicant’s country’s need for knowledge or skill
- Feasibility and quality of the proposed plan of research
- Proof of prior community/ civic service in the home country
- Candidate’s commitment towards the advancement of women in her home country
The key dates are as follows:
- Applications open from: August 1st, 2022
- The last date to apply: November 15th, 2022
- Notification of decisions: April 15th, 2022
- Fellowship year: July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2023
AAUW International Fellowship Contact Details
- Address: 1310 L St. NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20005
- Phone Number: 202-785-7700
- Email: [email protected]
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.