- Due to the pertaining COVID-19 situation, VITMEE 2020 has been cancelled for this academic session.
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has announced the result for the MCA Programme.
Organized by the university of VIT, Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examination (VITMEE) is for candidates aspiring to pursue PG courses like M.Tech or MCA at VIT. The VITMEE is generraly conducted every year in the month of June.
- What is VITMEE?
- VITMEE 2021 Exam Date
- VITMEE 2021 Eligibility
- VITMEE 2021 Syllabus
- VITMEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- VITMEE 2021 Application Form
- VITMEE 2021 Slot Booking
- VITMEE 2021 Admit Card
- VITMEE 2021 Result
- VITMEE 2021 Counselling
- VITMEE 2021 Scholarship
- VITMEE 2021 Contact Details
What is VITMEE?
VIT Master's Entrance Exam is an entrance exam which is conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for candidates aspiring to get admission into 2-year M.Tech and MCA programmes. After qualifying VITMEE, the candidates will be getting admission at VIT University campuses at Vellore, Bhopal and Chennai.
VITMEE 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)|
|Courses Offered||MCA/ M.Tech|
|Exam Date||June 5, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Language of the Exam||English|
VITMEE 2021 Exam Dates
It is important for candidates to go through the important dates for VITMEE 2021. The application form registration is expected to begin from March 11, 2021. The exam will be conducted in the first week of June 2021. The dates given below are tentative and the official dates will be updated once the notification from the conducting authority is out.
|Registration Form Filling Start Date||March 11, 2021|
|Last Date to fill the application form||May 18, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||May 24, 2021|
|VITMEE 2021 Exam Date||June 5, 2021 and June 6, 2021|
|Declaration of Results/Shortlisting of candidates||To be announced|
|Commencement of Counselling||To be announced|
VITMEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for VITMEE Exam is different for both 2-year MCA and M.Tech programme. The criteria are given as follows:
An applicant who is applying for the admission should be a resident of India and should have graduated from an Institution in India. The NRI and PIO candidates interested in admission have to apply separately by going on "International Relations" tab at VIT Official Website.
General Educational Criteria
- Candidates must have graduated with a full-time degree from a recognized Institute/University of India with an aggregate of 60% marks (minimum).
- Applying candidate should have a consistent record of Class X and XII.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final semester/year exams in their Graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Applying candidates should have completed their final year/semester exams before the counselling takes place at VIT.
- Candidates should submit the statement of Final year examinations and Provisional Degree Certificate at VIT before August 15, 2020. If a candidate fails to do so, then his/her admission would be cancelled with the forfeit of the admission fees.
Education Criteria for MCA
Candidates should have completed their B.Sc (IT/Comp. Sc.) or BCA with Mathematics as a subject on a 10+2 or Graduation level from a recognized University/Institute of India with at least 60% aggregate or a 1st Class in the qualifying examination.
Education Criteria for M.Tech Programme
The 2-year M.Tech programme has a number of different subjects from which the students can opt from. Eligibility for each subject is stated in the table below:
|M.Tech in Automotive Engineering in collaboration with Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), Pune||Candidate should possess a B.E./B.Tech degree in Mechanical/Automobile/Production/Manufacturing/Mechatronics or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Mechanical/Automobile Engg./Manufacturing/Production/Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Instrumentation Engg. or any other degree.|
|M.Tech in Cyber-Physical Systems||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Mechanical/Automobile/Manufacturing/Electronics & Communication/Instrumentation & Control Engg or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Mechatronics||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Mechanical/Automobile/Manufacturing/Production/Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Communication/Instrumentaion & Control/Computer Science/Information Technology/Mechatronics or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing/Automobile Engg. or any equivalent degree.|
|M.tech in Structural Engineering||Candidate should have B.E/B.Tech degree in Civil Engg/Civil & Structural Engg. or an equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Construction Technology & Management||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Civil Engg/Civil & Structural Engg/B.Arch or an equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Nanotechnology||Candidates should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in EEE/ECE/Mechanical/Chemical/Metallurgical/Electronics & Instrumentation/Nanotechnology/M.Sc Physics with Spl. in Electronics/Electronics/Material Science/Solid State Physics/Nanotechnology/Nanoscience or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Communication Engineering||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Electrical/Electronics/EEE/ECE/Telecommunication/Electronics & Instrumentation/Computer Sciences/M.Sc Physics with Spl. in Electronics/Electronics or any equivalent course (bridge course required).|
|M.Tech in IoT and Sensor Systems||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in EEE/ECE/Electronics & Instrumentation/CSE/Instrumentation & Control/Biomedical/Mechatronics/M.Sc degree in Electronics/Physics with Electronics or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in VLSI Design||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Electrical/Electronics/EEE/ECE/E&I or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Automotive Electronics in collaboration with TIFAC-CORE industry partners||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in ECE/Telecommunication/CSE/EIE/IT/EEE/Mechatronics or an equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Power Electronics & Drives||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Electrical/Electronics/EEE/ECE/E&I or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in any branch/M.S/M.Sc Computer Science or IT or Software Engineering/MCA or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Cyber-Physical Systems||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in any branch/M.S/M.Sc in Computer Science or IT or Software Engineering/MCA or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in CSE/IT/ECE/EEE/E&I/MCA/Software Engineering or any equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Big Data Analytics/Information Security/Cyber Security & Digital Forensics||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in any branch/MCA or any other equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Biotechnology||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Chemical /Leather Technology/Biotechnology/Industrial Biotechnology/Bio-Chemical/Bio-Medical/Bio-Informatics or Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy/M.Sc degree in any branch of Life Sciences/MBBS/M.Sc (Ag) & M.V.Sc.|
|M.Tech in Embedded Systems||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in ECE/EEE/Mechatronics/EIE/CSE/IT/Telecommunication/Control & Instrumentation.|
|M.Tech in Control & Automation||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in EEE/ECE/E&I/Instrumentation/Electronics/Control or any other equivalent degree.|
|M.Tech in Biomedical Engineering||Candidate should have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Bio-Medical Engg/Bio-Medical Instrumentation/Medical Electronics/ECE/EIE/EEE/Biotechnology/Bio-Informatics/Mechanical/M.Sc in Biophysics/Electronics/Physics/Bio-Medical Sciences/Bio-Medical Instrumentation or any equivalent course (bridge course required).|
|M.Des in Industrial Design||Candidate should have passed any Engineering or Architecture or a Design course with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized University/Institution of India.|
VITMEE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for VITMEE 2021 is based on the topics covered during the graduation of the applied course. The list of the streams for which the VITMEE Exam is required is given in the table below.
Syllabus for 2-year M.Tech Programme
Subjects and Topics asked for VITMEE M.Tech programme are mentioned below:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Computer Science Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Master of Vocational Science
- Production Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Instrumental Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
For 2-year MCA Programme
For MCA, Syllabus includes the subjects and topics mentioned below:
- Operating Systems
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Structures
- Programming in C++
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Architecture
The topics covered by the English Communication section of VITMEE are given below.
- English Grammar
- Use of Articles
- Conjunctions and Preposition
- Active and Passive Voices
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Proof Reading
- Memo Writing and Writing Minutes
- Writing Technical Instructions
- Questionnaire Preparation
VITMEE 2021 Exam Pattern
VITMEE Exam will be conducted in online mode. The duration of the exam will be of 2 hours. The highlights of the exam pattern are tabulated below:
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Questions||100 [80-Technical & 20-English]|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Type|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
|Nature of Marking||No negative marking|
Note: VITMEE exam is conducted in two shifts on the same day. The first shift is from 10:00 AM to 12 noon and the second shift is from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
VITMEE 2021 Application Form
Interested candidates have to apply through online mode. There will be no printed offline form to apply for VITMEE. Hence, you have to apply through online mode only.
How to apply for VITMEE?
Follow the steps given below to apply for VITMEE exam.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the VITMEE exam.
- Step 2: Look out for the "New User" page as you will need to register first to start filling your application form.
- Step 3: When you land on the "New User" page, you have to fill your personal information like name, email ID, phone number etc.
- Step 4: You will receive a password on your registered email ID and phone number. You have to verify your email ID first for the password to sent to you.
- Step 5: Afterwards, you can start filling your application form with the required details. Ensure the details filled are best to your knowledge.
- Step 6: After filling the application form, you will have to pay the fee for the form. A fee of INR 1200/- has to be paid by you through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/Paytm. The fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
- Step 7: Post the payment of the form fee, you will have to upload your Signature and Passport-sized photograph on the portal. The dimensions of your photograph will be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm and for the signature, the dimensions will be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm. Please make sure that you meet the image size requirements before uploading them.
- Step 8: Now, your application form will be successfully filled and ready for download and print.
Note: Candidates must not send the form or any documents to the college by post.
For Direct Link to Apply for VITMEE 2021 Click here
VITMEE 2021 Slot Booking
Booking the slot for the test is done by a scheduling system that assigns the test slot according to its availability. To start booking a test slot, a candidate has to login with the credentials. The slots will be allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Hence, it is advised to book test slots at the earliest to avoid getting an unfavourable slot. Candidates after successfully booking a slot will not be able to change the slot under any circumstances, therefore it is advised that candidates carefully choose the slots according to their convenient day, date, time, and centre.
Slot booking will be available for a designated time period. If in case a candidate can't find a favourable test slot, then he/she can choose a test slot in a different campus of his or her choice. Post the selection of the test slot, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidate.
VITMEE 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will be issued an admit card before they have to sit for VITMEE. Without the admit card, any candidate would not be allowed to sit in the examination. VITMEE Admit Card will be released on the official website of VIT i.e. www.vit.ac.in
Details mentioned on VITMEE Admit Card
Your VITMEE admit card will have the following details on it:
- Name of the candidate
- Registration number
- Name of the exam centre venue
- Address of the exam centre venue
- Date of exam
- Slot of exam
- Instructions for the exam
VITMEE 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates can select the slots in the particular cities mentioned here. Candidates have to select only one preference out of these. VITMEE will be conducted in the following cities:
VITMEE 2021 Result
List of shortlisted candidates has been declared on the official website. Applicants will be able to check their results after they log in with their credentials. Selected candidates will have to report to the counselling centres for admission.
All qualified candidates receive the rank card. The candidates after receiving the scorecard will have to go forward with the Interview and Counselling process.
How to download VITMEE Scorecard?
Follow the given steps to download the result for VITMEE Exam.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of VIT.
- Step 2: Look for the results notification and click on it.
- Step 3: After landing on the results page, you will need to log in with your credentials.
- Step 4: Your result/scorecard will be displayed on the screen. You can take its print out for future references.
VITMEE 2021 Counselling
Counselling will be done for only those candidates who qualify VITMEE. The admission of the candidates will be done as per the merit list prepared by the VIT. Candidates have to bring the documents in original as they will be verified before the admission and a set of photocopies may be provided. Every candidate has to bring a Demand Draft of INR 11,800 which is drawn in the favour of "Vellore Institute of Technology" payable at Vellore. This fee would be non-refundable.
Applicants without the above Demand Draft would not be permitted to attend the Counselling/Interview. After the admission of the candidate is done, if he/she fails to qualify then the provisional admission will be cancelled.
Documents required for the Counselling
Candidates need to reach the VITMEE counselling centre with the required documents which are as follows:
- Marksheets of Class X and XIiI
- Marksheets of all the semesters in graduation
- Qualifying Degree and Provisional Degree Certificate (whichever applicable)
- Transfer/Migration/College Leaving Certificate (in originals if already received)
- Community/Category Certificate (for SC/ST students)
- Conduct Certificate
- Student profile at VIT website [PDF Link]
- Physical Fitness Certificate [PDF Link]
- Admission Letter and Photocopy of the receipt of the programme fee
- 4 passport-sized photographs (recent)
- An undertaking for good behaviour & conduct in a prescribed form (to be issued to the Institute or University at the time of admission)
- An affidavit signed separately by the student and the parent on INR 20/- Stamp paper.
- Hostel Affidavit to be signed on INR 20/- Stamp paper
Note: In due of the Transfer Certificate submitted by the student, VIT will issue a TC later on at the completion of the course.
VITMEE 2021 Scholarships
VIT provides scholarships to the meritorious students in VITMEE who scored well in the GATE exam.
- Candidates who have qualified GATE Exam will be provided with a fellowship from AICTE as per their norms.
- For 20 students who are admitted M.Tech Nanotechnology programme, a fellowship of INR 12,400/- per month will be provided and a Contingency of INR 15,000/- per annum will be offered on the basis of VITMEE Rank with preference to the GATE score. This will be provided by DST (Nano Mission Council), Govt. of India.
VITMEE 2021 Contact Details
- Address: Director PG-Admissions, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Phone: +91-416-220-4600
- Fax: +91-416-224-5544, 224-9955
- Email: [email protected]
- Whatsapp: +91-95666-56755
- Website: www.vit.ac.in