For candidates aspiring to pursue a polytechnic degree or diploma in engineering, the Telangana State Board of Technical Education & Training conducts the TS POLYCET Exam. It offers admission to the Diploma Courses, related to Engineering/ Non-Engineering or Technology, offered in various Polytechnic Institutions.
Latest Update: The Telangana State Education Board has decided to postpone the examination further due to the alarming increase in the number of COVID-19 cases. The new TS POLYCET 2020 exam dates will be updated soon.
The Registration Process for the TS POLYCET 2020 has been extended to June 9, 2020. The last date to apply along with a fine of INR 100/- is June 12, 2020.
- TS POLYCET Overview
- TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Date
- TS POLYCET 2020 Eligibility
- TS POLYCET 2020 Application Form Extended
- TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- TS POLYCET 2020 Admit Card
- TS POLYCET 2020 Results
- TS POLYCET Admissions
- Final Instructions for TS POLYCET 2020
- Related Exams
TS POLYCET Overview
|Exam Full Form||Telangana Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Telangana State Board of Technical Education & Training|
|Courses Offered||Diploma Courses|
|Exam Date||August 10, 2020|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Questions||150|
TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Date
The TS POLYCET 2020 official notification has been released. The exam date and other important dates are given in the table below. Check this page regularly for updates.
|Online application form start date||March 2, 2020|
|Last date to submit Application form without late fee||June 9, 2020|
|Last Date to submit Application Form with late fee of Rs.100/-||June 12, 2020|
|Exam Date||August 10, 2020 (from 11 AM to 1:30 PM)|
|Results Date||To be announced|
TS POLYCET 2020 Eligibility
It involves certain parameters such as nationality and the region from which a candidate hails from. Details are presented below.
- Aspiring candidate must be an Indian citizen. Remember there is no age limit to take this exam.
- All candidates must belong to the state of Telangana or Andhra as defined in the Government Order (G.O). Details of the G.O provided in the notification.
- Candidates must have passed the SSC examination conducted by the State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh or Telangana. Aspirants could have attended any other equivalent exam conducted by the Board of Secondary Education or CBSE or ICSE or TOSS or NIOS or APOSS.
- Moreover, candidates must have scored a minimum of 35% marks in the qualifying exam. They should have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as one of the subjects and it is mandatory.
- Candidates who are appearing for their final school examination in March or April are also eligible to attend the exam.
Note: TOSS - Telangana Open School Society, APOSS - A.P Open School Society, CBSE - Central Board of Secondary Education, ICSE - Indian Council of Secondary Education, NIOS - National Institute of Open School.
TS POLYCET 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply for the exam only in the online mode from March 2, 2020 till June 9, 2020. They have to fill the application forms in the website from TS-Online and Meeseva centres.
Steps to be followed
- Fill the class X hall ticket number, year of passing and date of birth.
- Fill your name as per the school certificates. Give a box gap between two names (if you have two names).
- Fill your father's details.
- Now fill the details of address for communication.
- Select the exam centre
- Enter the area code (Refer Annexure-II)
- Reserved candidates can fill their category (BC/ST/SC).
- Enter your special category if any (CAP/SP/PH/NCC). Also, fill the minority community details if you belong to one.
- Then fill Aadhar number.
- Then sign the declaration regarding the physical fitness to pursue a polytechnic course.
- Finally, pay the application fee.
**For Direct Link to apply for TS POLYCET 2020 Click here**
TS POLYCET Application Fee
The application fee varies based on the category of the student. Candidates have to pay the fee at the time of filling the application form.
|General Category Candidates||INR 400|
|SC/ST Candidates||INR 250|
All instructions necessary to fill the application form will be provided on the official website on the instructions section. Candidates must read it and completely fill the form without leaving any of the important fields.
If the Candidates want to apply for TS POLYCET 2020 after June 9, 2020, they have to pay a late fee of Rs.100/- and the window will be closing on shortly after June 9, 2020.
TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The syllabus or topics in the exam will be based on class X (SSC) of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
The TS POLYCET question paper consists of 120 questions. Each question has 4 options out of which exactly one response is right. The split-up is given in the table below.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
How to fill an answer in the OMR sheet?
Read all the instructions provided on the OMR sheet. Darken all the relevant boxes of an answer option with an HB/2B pencil.
You have to fill all the essential details like name, hall ticket number, exam centre code etc. correctly on the OMR sheet. For this, you must use a black or blue ballpoint pen.
TS POLYCET 2020 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
Remember you can only fill the application form by visiting the Help Centers. After filling the details the operator who is filling the form on your behalf will give the 'Confirm' button.
Then the hall ticket will be generated and it will be given to the candidate.
Last Days: It is important to visit the help centres well before and apply for the exam. During the final days, there will be a heavy rush hence it will be very difficult to generate hall ticket immediately. In case if you happen to fill the application form late you have to visit the help centre after 2 or 3 days to get the hall ticket.
Carry it: Hall ticket is very important and compulsory for a candidate to enter the exam hall. It is also mandatory to preserve the admit card even after the TS POLYCET Exam because it might be used for future admission process.
Instructions to be followed inside the exam hall
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any electronic gadgets, logarithmic tables, calculators, pagers, cell phones inside the exam hall.
- No aspirant inside the hall will be allowed to leave before 12 noon which is ideally 1 hour after the start of the test. Candidates must return the answer booklet before leaving the hall.
- Any kind of scribbling on the answer sheet is strictly forbidden or prohibited. No additional or alternative OMR sheet will be given, so candidates must ensure that they mark the right response carefully.
TS POLYCET 2020 Results
The conducting authority will be declaring the TS POLYCET 2020 Results on the official website. Rank cards will also be available on the website later.
The minimum pass percentage in the entrance test is thirty percentage which means the aspirant has to get 36 out of 120 marks.
Based on the score, the ranking will be given to the candidates. Also, remember that there is no scope for revaluation.
Resolving a tie between candidates
If a tie exists between candidates i.e if two candidates obtain the same marks, the following pointers will be considered to assign rank.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics.
- Marks obtained in Physics.
- The date of birth (DOB) of the candidate will be considered. The candidate who was born earlier will be given the better rank.
These three pointers will be considered in this order.
TS POLYCET Admissions 2020
So after the declaration of TS POLYCET 2020 Results, the conducting authority will notify regarding the counselling or admission process in leading newspapers.
Remember, that the counselling is web-based. Students can prioritise colleges in the list. Based on the preference given by the candidate, the allotment will be made.
All details of the web-based counselling and helpline numbers will be notified on the official website as well.
Eligibility for TS POLYCET Admission
The following points involve the eligibility of the students who can attend the TS POLYCET Exam.
Candidates in Telangana who wish to take admission in the state colleges under any of the categories of AU/OU/SVU are eligible to take this exam. Given below is the ratio of the number of seats offered to candidates from different categories.
Those students who seek admission under the 15% unreserved quota of seats also can attempt the Polycet exam.
Final Instructions to Candidates
- Candidates must remember that only one Hall Ticket will be generated for one application form.
- Applicants must fill the Aadhar number, SSC Hall Ticket number, year of appearance, date of birth on the registration form after verifying the SSC hall ticket or equivalent certificate.
- If basic data related to a candidate is not available then he or she can visit the help centres with one's photo to fill the application form.
- The list of help centres with the location of the district is provided on the notification.