For candidates aspiring to pursue a polytechnic degree or diploma in engineering, the Telangana State Board of Technical Education & Training conducts the TS POLYCET Exam. It offers admission to the Diploma Courses, related to Engineering/ Non-Engineering or Technology, offered in various Polytechnic Institutions.
Latest News on TS POLYCET 2021
- TS Polycet 2021 Registrations Starts Today; Apply Now - Published on May 24, 2021
- May 24, 2021: The registrations for TS POLYCET 2021 have started today. Candidates who are interested to take part in the exam must submit their applications on or before June 11, 2021.
- What is TS Polycet?
- TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Date
- TS POLYCET 2021 Notification
- TS POLYCET 2021 Eligibility
- TS POLYCET 2021 Application Process
- TS POLYCET 2021 Application Form
- TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- TS POLYCET 2021 Syllabus
- How to prepare for the TS POLYCET 2021
- TS POLYCET 2021 Admit Card
- TS POLYCET 2021 Results
- TS POLYCET Admissions
- Final Instructions for TS POLYCET 2021
What is TS POLYCET?
The TS POLYCET 2021 Exam is organized and conducted by the Telangana State Board of Technical Education and Training. The candidates who are looking forward to pursuing a wide-ranging variety of departments in Diploma Courses from top institutions and universities in the state of Telangana take up the TS POLYCET 2021 Exam. They will be offered courses in institutions based on their secured cut-off in the exam. Candidates are required to prepare and perform very well in order to avail a wide variety of options in choosing their desired institution and course.
Certain significant facts relevant to TS POLYCET Exam have been tabulated below for your reference:
|Exam Full Form||Telangana Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Telangana State Board of Technical Education & Training|
|Courses Offered||Diploma Courses|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Questions||150|
TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Date
The TS POLYCET 2021 official notification will be released shortly. The results of the examination will be declared after the Telangana State Board of Technical Education and Training announces the declaration date. The exam date and other important dates are given in the table below. Check this page regularly for updates.
|Online application form start date||May 24, 2021|
|Last date to submit the Application form without a late fee||Jun 11, 2021|
|Last Date to submit Application Form with late fee of INR 200||Jun 13, 2021|
|Last Date to submit Application Form with late fee of INR 300||Jun 15, 2021|
|Last date to submit objections in the provisional answer keys||To be announced|
|Results Date||To be announced|
|Counselling Date||To be announced|
TS POLYCET 2021 Eligibility
The Eligibility Criteria for the TS Polycet 2021 involves fulfiling certain parameters such as nationality and the region from which a candidate hails. The candidates must make sure that they clear the required eligibility criteria for attending the examination. Details of the Criteria regarding eligibility are presented below.
Domicile and Nationality
- All candidates must belong to the state of Telangana or Andhra as defined in the Government Order (G.O). Details of the G.O provided in the notification.
- Aspiring candidate must be an Indian citizen in order to qualify for the eligibility for the TS Polycet 2021 Examination.
- There is no age limit to take this exam. Candidates of all age groups can apply for this examination
- Candidates must have passed the SSC examination conducted by the State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh or Telangana. Aspirants could have attended any other equivalent exam conducted by the Board of Secondary Education or CBSE or ICSE or TOSS or NIOS or APOSS.
- Moreover, candidates must have scored a minimum of 35% marks in the qualifying exam. They should have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as one of the subjects and it is mandatory.
- Candidates who are appearing for their final school examination in March or April are also eligible to attend the exam.
Note: TOSS - Telangana Open School Society, APOSS - A.P Open School Society, CBSE - Central Board of Secondary Education, ICSE - Indian Council of Secondary Education, NIOS - National Institute of Open School.
TS POLYCET 2021 Application Process
The TS POLYCET 2021 Application Process will start from May 24, 2021. Candidates should start the application process by filling in the necessary information on the application form and also produce valid documents supporting their educational and personal details. It is also important for the candidates to make sure to clear the Eligibility Criteria prior to applying for the exam.
The TS POLYCET 2021 Application Process requires certain documents to be submitted for verification. The documents required are mentioned below.
- Community certificate
- Minority Reservation document (SC/ST)
- Aadhar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Class X Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate (optional)
It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the above-mentioned documents for verification.
TS POLYCET 2021 Application Form
It is very important for the candidates to make sure that they clear the eligibility criteria prior to applying for the exam, also be aware to read the instructions and other information carefully prior to applying. Candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria will be deemed ineligible for the TS POLYCET 2021 Exam. The application forms of those candidates will be considered invalid and they will not be able to attend the exam.
Interested candidates can apply for the exam only in the online mode. They have to fill the application forms on the website from TS-Online and Meeseva centres. Candidates should make sure that they check the necessary information before filling the application form.
Steps to be followed
- Fill the class X hall ticket number, year of passing, and date of birth.
- Fill your name as per the school certificates. Give a box gap between two names (if you have two names).
- Fill your father's details.
- Now fill the details of the address for communication.
- Select the exam centre
- Enter the area code (Refer Annexure-II)
- Reserved candidates can fill their category (BC/ST/SC).
- Enter your special category if any (CAP/SP/PH/NCC). Also, fill the minority community details if you belong to one.
- Then fill Aadhar number.
- Then sign the declaration regarding the physical fitness to pursue a polytechnic course.
- Finally, pay the application fee.
Steps to download the TS Polycet Application Form
- Visit the official website of the TS Polycet
- Click on the Application Form tab
- Once redirected, click download
- Download the application form and fill in the necessary details.
TS POLYCET Application Fee
The application fee varies based on the category of the student. Candidates have to pay the fee at the time of filling the application form.
|General Category Candidates||INR 400|
|SC/ST Candidates||INR 250|
All instructions necessary to fill the application form will be provided on the official website on the instructions section. Candidates must read it and completely fill the form without leaving any of the important fields.
Candidates can visit this page regularly for further updates and information regarding the TS POLYCET 2021 Application Process.
TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are required to know and understand the TS POLYCET 2021 Exam Pattern clearly and thoroughly in order to score higher during the TS POLYCET 2021 Exam. Only by understanding the exam pattern, will they be able to know the type of questions and its distribution in the exam.
The syllabus or topics in the TS Polycet 2021 exam will be based on class X (SSC) of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
The TS POLYCET question paper consists of 120 questions. Each question has 4 options out of which exactly one response is right. The split-up is given in the table below.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
How to fill an answer in the OMR sheet?
Read all the instructions provided on the OMR sheet. Darken all the relevant boxes of an answer option with an HB/2B pencil.
You have to fill all the essential details like name, hall ticket number, exam centre code, etc. correctly on the OMR sheet. For this, you must use a black or blue ballpoint pen.
TS POLYCET 2021 Syllabus
The TS POLYCET 2021 Syllabus is very important for the candidates to be aware of in order to plan and prepare accordingly to score high. Knowing the syllabus will enable the candidates to understand the overview of the subjects and also to get to know the types of questions that can be asked in the exam.
The syllabus of the TS POLYCET 2021 exam is based on the SSC (class 10th) pattern of the Telangana Board of Secondary Education. Understanding the overview of topics for each subject is very essential for the candidates, in order to prepare for the TS POLYCET 2021 accordingly. Candidates can check the important topics below:
- Chemical Bonding
- Structure of atom
- Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Reflection of Light
- Human Eye and Colorful World
- Chemical equations and reactions
- Classification of elements
- Refraction of light at curved and plane surface
- Magnetic effects of electric current
- States of Matter
- Redox Reaction
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Atomic Structure
- Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes
- Number System
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equation
- Coordinate Geometry
- Maths Modeling
- Surface area and volume
Read More: TS POLYCET Syllabus 2021
How to prepare for TS POLYCET 2021?
Candidates are advised to prepare for the TS POLYCET 2021 using certain techniques and methods in order to clear the exam the score high. Knowing certain strategies and methods, and following them can help preparation be very efficient and properly done. Preparation not only involves preparing for question paper but also with respect to all aspects of the TS POLYCET 2021 Exam. The candidates can make a note of the following techniques and aspects with which preparations can be made accordingly and high scores can be attained.
Candidates should make sure to plan very well prior to starting preparing for the TS POLYCET 2021 Exam. They can prepare a time table or a schedule chart which they can follow throughout the course of preparation. This way they will be able to be on track and not deviate from the course of preparation. They should make sure to follow the time table properly at all costs in order to score very well in the exam.
Knowing the topics
Candidates can start preparing for the TS POLYCET 2021 by going through all the topics one by one. Topic-wise preparation will help the candidates understand the concepts better and also allow them to remember during the exam. It is best if they go by order, i.e. one topic after the other. Topic-wise preparation can also help the candidates to be efficient while preparing and know the distribution of the concepts throughout all the sections. Along with learning and studying topic-wise, candidates are also advised to give a quick scan through the TS POLYCET 2021 Syllabus for a better understanding of the distribution of topics.
Time optimization or time efficiency is very important for the candidates. They can practise writing answers to questions with a stopwatch and try finishing the same under the allotted time. This will not only improve time efficiency but also ensure that candidates do not pressurize themselves while attending the questions in the main exam. Another important aspect of being time efficient is that candidates will be able to determine the maximum time required for each section or each question for preparation. This way candidates will not need to waste more time than required for each topic.
Attend the know questions first
Candidates are advised to attempt the questions that are very familiar first, prior to attending the doubtful and unfamiliar ones. This way they will be able to completely attend the questions that they know first without any delay. Prioritizing the questions based on their familiarity will allow the candidates to confirm and safely attend the known questions and spend the rest of the time attempting the unknown or difficult ones. This way time utilization can also be achieved and the candidates will be able to minimize the wastage of time unnecessarily.
Candidates can practise attending mock tests in order to get an overview of how the exam is really conducted. They can replicate the actual exam by attending mock tests with a stopwatch, in order to make sure that they finish the exam on time. This will enhance their time management skills and also help them understand the question paper pattern and how to answer them. It also enables candidates to strategically understand the time required for each question or topic and plan accordingly. This way excess time can be minimized for that being spent on every question or section.
TS POLYCET 2021 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
Remember you can only fill the application form by visiting the Help Centers. After filling the details the operator who is filling the form on your behalf will give the 'Confirm' button.
Then the hall ticket will be generated and it will be given to the candidate.
Last Days: It is important to visit the help centres well before and apply for the exam. During the final days, there will be a heavy rush hence it will be very difficult to generate hall tickets immediately. In case if you happen to fill the application form late you have to visit the help centre after 2 or 3 days to get the hall ticket.
Carry it: Hall ticket is very important and compulsory for a candidate to enter the exam hall. It is also mandatory to preserve the admit card even after the TS POLYCET Exam because it might be used for future admission process.
How to download the TS Polycet Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of the TS Polycet
- Click on the Admit Card tab
- Enter the login credentials in the login page
- Once redirected, click download
- Download the Admit Card and print the same
Instructions to be followed inside the exam hall
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any electronic gadgets, logarithmic tables, calculators, pagers, cell phones inside the exam hall.
- No aspirant inside the hall will be allowed to leave before 12 noon which is ideally 1 hour after the start of the test. Candidates must return the answer booklet before leaving the hall.
- Any kind of scribbling on the answer sheet is strictly forbidden or prohibited. No additional or alternative OMR sheet will be given, so candidates must ensure that they mark the right response carefully.
Read More: TS POLYCET Admit Card 2021
TS POLYCET 2021 Results
The conducting authority will be declaring the TS POLYCET 2021 Results on the official website. Rank cards will also be available on the website later.
The minimum pass percentage in the entrance test is thirty percentage which means the aspirant has to get 36 out of 120 marks.
Based on the score, the ranking will be given to the candidates. Also, remember that there is no scope for revaluation. Candidates should be aware that the results are based on their performance in the TS POLYCET 2021 Exam. Hence, it is very important for them to prepare well and also perform well in the exam. Candidates can check into this page for further updates and information associated with the TS POLYCET 2021.
Resolving a tie between candidates
If a tie exists between candidates i.e if two candidates obtain the same marks, the following pointers will be considered to assign rank.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics.
- Marks obtained in Physics.
- The date of birth (DOB) of the candidate will be considered. The candidate who was born earlier will be given the better rank.
These three pointers will be considered in this order.
How to check the TS POLYCET 2021 results?
- Visit the official website of TS POLYCET 2021
- Select the Result tab
- enter the login credentials in the login page
- View results
- Candidates must remember that only one Hall Ticket will be generated for one application form.
- Applicants must fill the Aadhar number, SSC Hall Ticket number, year of appearance, date of birth on the registration form after verifying the SSC hall ticket or equivalent certificate.
- If basic data related to a candidate is not available then he or she can visit the help centres with one's photo to fill the application form.
- The list of help centres with the location of the district is provided on the notification.
Read More: TS POLYCET Results 2021
TS POLYCET Admissions 2021
So after the declaration of TS POLYCET 2021 Results, the conducting authority will notify regarding the counselling or admission process in leading newspapers.
Remember, that the counselling is web-based. Students can prioritize colleges on the list. Based on the preference given by the candidate, the allotment will be made.
All details of the web-based counselling and helpline numbers will be notified on the official website as well.
Eligibility for TS POLYCET Admission
The following points involve the eligibility of the students who can attend the TS POLYCET Exam.
Candidates in Telangana who wish to take admission in the state colleges under any of the categories of AU/OU/SVU are eligible to take this exam. Given below is the ratio of the number of seats offered to candidates from different categories.
Those students who seek admission under the 15% unreserved quota of seats also can attempt the Polycet exam.
Read More: TS POLYCET Counselling 2021
Final Instructions to Candidates
What is the fee for TS POLYCET?
The application form fee for TS POLYCET for General and OBC candidates will be INR 400/-. For SC/ST candidates, it will be INR 250/-.
Is there any age limit to appear for TS POLYCET 2021?
No, there is no age limit to write the TS POLYCET exam.
In which mode, TS POLYCET is conducted?
TS POLYCET is conducted in offline mode.
I will not be able to attempt the TS POLYCET exam, will the examination fee be refunded to me?
No, the fee is non-refundable. Hence, it won’t be refunded.
How can I get TS POLYCET Offline Form?
You can get the offline application form for TS POLYCET at any Helpdesk Centre.
Which course do the students get admission in after giving this exam?
Students will get admission in Diploma Courses in Engineering, Non-Engineering and Agriculture Polytechnic.
How many questions are asked in this exam?
There are 150 questions in this exam.
What is the syllabus for the TS POLYCET exam?
The syllabus for the exam is based on the class 10th pattern of the Telangana Board of Secondary Education. There are three sections; Maths, Physics, and Chemistry. You can check the topics of each section in the above syllabus section.