- What is TISSMAT?
- TISSMAT 2021 Exam Date
- TISSMAT 2021 Eligibility
- TISSMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- TISSMAT 2021 Application Form
- TISSMAT 2021 Exam Centre
- TISSMAT 2021 Syllabus
- TISSMAT 2021 Admit Card
- TISSMAT 2021 Selection
- TISSMAT 2021 Preparation Books
What is TISSMAT?
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences Management Aptitude Test also known as TISSMAT is conducted for candidates seeking admission to MA in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations (HRM & LR) or MA in Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership courses ( ODCL). The entrance test is conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. TISSMAT examination takes place after candidates appear for TISSNET. After getting shortlisted for stage 2, candidates will appear for TISSMAT 2021. The exam mode for TISSMAT 2021 is online and the language medium is english. The TISSMAT exam target's the ability of the candidate to understand management-related literature, its business-related knowledge, and interpret data.
Some important facts related to TISSMAT 2021 can be found in the table given below:
|Full Form||Tata Institute of Social Sciences Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Tata Institute of Social Sciences|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Courses Offered||MA (HRM and LR) or MA (ODCL) programs|
|Contact number||022 - 2552 5252|
TISSMAT 2021 Exam date
The exam dates for TISSMAT 2021 are tabulated below. All the candidates should be mindful of the dates and start their preparation accordingly. All the dates are issued on the official website and are easily accessible for all the aspirants.
|Start of Online registration||December 03, 2020|
|Last date to register online||January 25, 2021|
|Release of TISSMAT admit card||February 08, 2021, to February 15, 2021|
|TISSMAT exam date||To be announced|
|Declaration of TISSMAT result||To be announced|
|Counselling||To be announced|
TISSMAT 2021 Eligibility
All candidates giving TISSMAT 2021 should be familiar with the eligibility criteria so that they can register for this exam successfully. The TISSMAT 2021 eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Candidates should have a graduation or postgraduate of minimum 3 years or 4 years from a recognized university.
- Passing marks are required in all of the subjects in the qualifying course.
- Candidates from any stream can apply for TISSMAT 2021.
- Candidates need to apply for the MA HRM & LR or MA ODCL course at TISS Mumbai for becoming eligible to give TISSMAT 2021.
TISSMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The TISSMAT 2021 consists of 15 questions from all three sections. The three sections are Management Data Interpretation,Comprehension, and Business Awareness. The total duration of the exam is 30 minutes. One mark each will be awarded for every right answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong one.
|Type of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|No. of Questions||45|
|No. of Sections||3|
|Marks for Correct Answer||1 mark|
|Negative Marking||0.25 mark|
TISSMAT 2021 Application form
The Application Form for TISSMAT 2021 will be available on the official website of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). All the candidates should fill the application form before the last date, and check all the information before submitting it. No changes will be entertained after the deadline. Before submitting the TISSMAT 2021 Application Form, candidates should read the following instructions carefully.
- The application form will be available on the official website only.
- The candidate should keep all necessary documents ready with a scanned copy of them.
- Candidates can submit their application form directly to the Mumbai campus if there is a lack of internet service. This should be done before the last date for submitting the application form.
- Candidates can apply to more than one program.
- Multiple application forms will not be entertained.
- Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before submitting the application and all the information being filled should be correct.
- The application status should be checked to avoid any inconvenience.
- Application fees can be paid through electronic payment modes or offline.
Steps to Apply for TISSMAT 2021
- Step 1: Candidates need to get themselves registered through online registration. Email-id of candidates is required as a security code will be generated during the application process. After entering all the details, click on the “Register” button and submit the details.
- Step 2: Candidates need to set a password for their id, this can be done through the link generated. The link will be available on the email id which is registered. Further, click on the “save” button and proceed to login.
- Step 3: After successfully creating an id, Candidates may log in on the official website.
- Step 4: Candidates can now fill the application form easily by giving the following details.
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Centre selection
- Academic details
- 10th and 12th details
- Bachelor's degree details
- Upload documents
- Select the program preferences.
- Step 5: After submitting all the details successfully, candidates will be required to pay the application form fees.
The application fee can be paid in the online mode through Credit card, Debit card, or Net Banking. The offline mode of payment is through cash deposit in any SBI Branch. Candidates can look at the table tabulated below to know about the application fee according to their category as well as the number of programs applied to.
|Category||One Program||Two Program||Three Program|
|General||INR 1030||INR 2060||INR 3090|
|SC/ST/OBC NCL||INR 260||INR 520||INR 780|
|General (for offline submission||INR 1000 + Bank charges||INR 2000 + Bank charges||INR 3000 + Bank charges|
|SC/ST/OBC NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)(for offline submission)||INR 250 + Bank charges||INR 500 + Bank charges||INR 750 + Bank charges|
TISSMAT 2021 Exam Centre
While filling the application form for the TISSMAT 2021, candidates need to give preference for the exam centre. All the exam centres are mentioned below:
|Northern Region||Eastern Region||Western Region||Southern Region|
TISSMAT 2021 Syllabus
TISSMAT 2021 syllabus consists of questions from Comprehension, Business Awareness, and Management Data Interpretation. Candidates should look at the syllabus thoroughly and make a note about their strong and weak sections and plan their preparation accordingly. The syllabus for TISSMAT 2021 is given below:
- Comprehension: Consists of passages from the management-related subject. This section is targeted for evaluating the understanding of management literature.
- Business Awareness: Candidates are evaluated on their knowledge of contemporary events. The contemporary events include news associated with the economy, human resource management, business and labor studies. Candidates should be familiar with business knowledge.
- Management Data Interpretation: Analyzing and interpreting data in form of Charts, Table and Graphs are evaluated in this section. The data related is related to business and economy.
|Section||No.of Questions||Maximum marks|
TISSMAT 2021 Admit Card
The TISSMAT 2021 Admit Card is announced by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). Candidates can access the admit card after they fill their application form. The admit card will be available on the official website and can be downloaded by entering the registered email id and password on the official website. Here are a few instructions that should be kept in mind regarding the TISSMAT 2021 admit card. Here are a few instructions that should be kept in mind regarding the TISSMAT 2021 admit card.
- Candidates should download the admit card from the official website.
- The admit card will only be available online and will not be sent personally to each candidate on their email id or mobile number.
- If the candidate fails to download the admit card due to any circumstances, the candidate can contact the authority via email id.
- Candidates need to carry a printed hall ticket and a valid Photo Identity Card (preferably Government-issued) to the exam centre.
Candidates are advised to carry the specified documents by the TISS to the exam centre. These documents may be required for verification on exam day.
- Print out of the TISSMAT 2021 Admit Card
- Valid and Original Photo Identity Proof
- Passport size Photograph
Details mentioned on the Admit card
The following details will be mentioned on the TISSMAT 2021 Admit Card. Before taking a printout of the admit card, candidates should look at all the details mentioned carefully and make sure they are correct.
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Candidate’s Name
- Exam Venue, Time, City, Centre, Address
- PWD certificate
- Program Details
- Important Instructions
TISSMAT 2021 Selection
Candidates need to qualify the TISS NET examination to further participate in the rounds of the TISSMAT selection process. After giving the TISSMAT 2021 examination, candidates will be called for a personal interview round and a pre-interview test. The weightage for all the selection rounds is mentioned below:
|Components||Weightage in Selection Process|
TISSMAT 2021 Preparation Books
A deeper study of all the topics, and an overall efficient preparation is needed if the candidates want to clear the TISSMAT 2021 examination with a good score. Having the right reference books can make a lot of difference. It will help aspirants to save time and cover topics most easily.
Here are a few books mentioned to clear TISSMAT 2021 with flying colors and make the preparation easier.
- Wall Street Journal- Hindu Business Line
- Manorama Year Book 2021- Business World
- How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT- Arun Sharma
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT- Nishit K Sinha
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT- Arun Sharma
- Wren and Martin English Grammar- Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
- Business English and Communication- John O E Clark