JEXPO stands for Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic West Bengal. It is conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (WB Polytechnic) generally in the months of April or May. If you are willing to get admission to diploma courses that are offered in the state of West Bengal then apply for JEXPO 2021.
Latest News on JEXPO 2021
- JEXPO 2021 Application Forms Released - Published on May 6, 2021
- May 6, 2021: The application forms for JEXPO 2021 are released. Candidates who are interested to apply for the same can do so until June 30, 2021.
- JEXPO Exam Overview
- JEXPO 2021 Exam Date
- JEXPO 2021 Application Process
- JEXPO 2021 Application Form
- JEXPO 2021 Eligibility
- JEXPO 2021 Admit Card
- JEXPO 2021 Exam Pattern
- JEXPO 2021 Syllabus
- JEXPO 2021 Exam Centre
- JEXPO 2021 Result
- JEXPO 2021 Cutoff
- JEXPO 2021 Merit List
- JEXPO 2021 Counselling
- JEXPO 2021 Guidelines
- JEXPO Preparation Tips
- JEXPO Help Desk Details
What is JEXPO?
JEXPO is a state level examination conducted every year by the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education. It is an entrance exam for admission to various undergraduate Diploma courses in the field of Engineering, Technology and Architecture in Government and Private Polytechnic colleges in West Bengal.
The official dates associated with the JEXPO 2021 is announced on the official website by the authorities responsible for organizing the exam. Applicants are advised to keep track of all the important notifications regarding the exam on a regular basis. The exam details of the JEXPO 2021 exam are tabulated below.
|Full Form||Joint Entrance Exam for Polytechnics|
|Conducting Authority||West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Mode of Application Form||Offline and Online|
|Exam duration||2 Hours|
|Mode of exam||Pen and paper-based test (Offline)|
Mathematics (50 marks), Physics (25 marks) and Chemistry (24 marks)
|Medium of paper||English and Bengali|
|Course offered||Polytechnic Diploma course in Engineering, Technology and Architecture|
JEXPO 2021 Exam Date
The important dates associated with the JEXPO 2021 are announced by the official authorities responsible for organizing the JEXPO 2021. The examination dates are tabulated below as released by the official website.
|JEXPO 2021 Application Start Date||May 6, 2021|
|Online Application Form Submission Last Date||Jun 30, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|Exam Date||Jul 18, 2021|
|Last date to submit the marks of the qualifying exam||To be announced|
|Provisional Merit List Release Date||To be announced|
|Counselling Session Registration||To be announced|
JEXPO 2021 Application Process
The JEXPO 2021 application form will be available on the official website of WEBSCTE till. The dates for JEXPO application form is May 6, 2021 to Jun 30, 2021. The candidates will be given the option to fill the form in offline mode as well. Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and have the important documents in hand before applying for the JEXPO 2021 exam.
How to apply for JEXPO 2021 Exam?
The step by step process to fill the online JEXPO 2021 application form is given below.
- Visit the official website of WEBSCTE and click on "JEXPO 2021" examination shown on the homepage.
- Candidates must register themselves as a new user by providing an Email ID and password. After the enrolment ID is generated, the applicant can sign in using the enrolment ID and password created by them.
- Fill out all the personal details such as the candidate's name, Date of Birth, Mother's Name, Father's name, Communication Address, Contact number, etc. Candidates must also enter their educational details such as High school CGPA/Percentage obtained, Year of passing, etc.
- After filling all the mandatory details, candidates need to upload a passport size photograph and a scanned copy of their signatures in the prescribed format.
- Preview all the details filled and then click on submit, and proceed to JEXPO 2021 Application Form Fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through Debit card/ Credit card/ Netbanking to complete the registration process. After successful payment, candidates can take a printout of the completed application form and preserve it for future use.
JEXPO 2021 Application Form
To get the JEXPO 2021 application forms, candidates must visit the respective college/institute campus and buy the information brochure and application form in cash. Here, applicants will have to fill the complete application form in OMR sheet. Candidates must remember that have to submit the application form to the same college or institute from where you got it.
JEXPO 2021 Form Fee
The JEXPO 2021 application form fee is given below for both online and offline mode. Candidate should pay the form fee to successfully register for the examination.
|Category||Online Mode||Offline Mode|
|All other Candidates Except Kanyashree Enrolees||INR 450||INR 500|
|Kanyashree Enrolees||INR 225||INR 250|
JEXPO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the JEXPO exam should be aware of the eligibility criteria before registering for the examination. The eligibility criteria consist of components like age limit, educational qualification, and domicile. Candidates can check all the details as given below. If the candidate does not qualify either one of the mentioned criteria, then he/she will not be considered for admission to Diploma courses.
Candidates are eligible to appear for the JEXPO 2021 exam only if they are born before July 1, 2005, and moreover, there is no upper age limit as per the criteria framed by the conducting authority.
You have to be an Indian national or a citizen to take up the JEXPO 2021 examination.
Candidates should have passed the secondary examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination in English, Mathematics, and Science, and scored at least 35% marks in aggregate as per the AICTE norms. The benchmark of 35% marks in aggregate is a must without any rounding up excluding the marks scored in the additional subject (if any), failing to which candidature is liable to be rejected even after the registration of JEXPO 2021 examination.
The JEXPO Reservation Policy based on the categories of the candidates is tabulated below.
Category of the Candidate
SC (West Bengal Domicile)
ST (West Bengal Domicile)
OBC- A and OBC- B
As per government rules
Wards of Ex-servicemen
As per government rules
Supernumerary basis TFW scheme
Land loser Quota
JEXPO 2021 Admit Card
The JEXPO 2021 Admit Card will be made available on the official website. Candidates can download the admit card or hall ticket for tghe same, from the site. Please note that the admit card will not be sent to you by post and hence, candidates will have to download it. The official date of admit card release has not been published yet. It will be updated once the conducting authority notifies it. Candidates should present the JEXPO 2021 admit card at the exam centre along with a valid Government ID proof such as Aadhar card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, PAN card etc.
How to download the JEXPO 2021 admit card?
The step by step process to download the JEXPO 2021 admit card is mentioned below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website.
- On the homepage of the website, check the admit card link. Click on the link and it will redirect you to the admit card page
- Candidates must fill their credentials - application form number and password.
- The JEXPO 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must download and take some printouts to carry one to the exam centre. The print out copy of the e-admit card available in the website will be treated as the valid admit card.
Details present on JEXPO 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can find the below-mentioned details on the admit card of the JEXPO 2021 exam.
- Candidate Name
- roll number
- Candidate's photograph
- Exam centre details
- Date and time of the examination
- Exam day instructions
Documents to be Carried with the JEXPO Admit Card
Candidates must carry these documents with them while appearing for the exam.
- Aadhaar Card
- Admit Card or Certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination containing a photograph
- Voter Identity Card
- Driving Licence
- PAN Card
- Bank Passbook which contains the photograph
- Any other photo ID card issued by a competent government authority
Read More: JEXPO Admit Card 2021
JEXPO 2021 Exam Pattern
It is important for any candidate to learn about the JEXPO 2021 exam pattern as it will help one to get familiar with the actual exam and prepare in such a way for the exam. WBSCTE conducted exam is a pen and paper-based test. The JEXPO exam consists of 2 papers. Paper 1 consists of questions from Mathematics and Paper 2 consists of questions from Physics and Chemistry. The exam pattern is tabulated below.
|Mode of Exam||Pen and paper-based test (offline)|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes for each paper|
|Number of Papers||Paper I- Mathematics, Paper-II- Physics & Chemistry|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
Mathematics - 50, Physics - 25, Chemistry - 25
|Paper Medium||English & Bengali|
JEXPO 2021 Syllabus
Candidates aspiring for JEXPO 2021 must know the level of questions and the syllabus to crack the exam. The JEXPO exam is based on the Class 10th syllabus. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus of each subject for the exam.
- Real Numbers
- Pair of Linear Equations in 2 Variables
- Quadratic Equations
- Arithmetic Progression
- Coordinate geometry
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Applications of Trigonometry
- Area related to Circles
- Surface Areas and Volumes
- Light - Reflection and Refraction
- The Human Eye and the Colourful World
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Sources of Energy
- Our Environment
- Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Metals and Non-Metals
- Carbon and Its Compounds
- Periodic Classification of Elements
JEXPO 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates applying for the JEXPO 2021 must choose an exam centre of their choice at the time of application form registration. They should also indicate a second choice of the zone of examination. Allotment of the zone is fully at the discretion of the conducting authority subject to availability of a sufficient number of applicants in a centre. The examination will be held in the list of districts/zones provided below.
|List of JEXPO 2021 Exam centres|
|Purba Medinipur||Paschim Medinipur||Jhargram||Malda|
|Uttar Dinajpur||Dakshin Dinajpur||Darjeeling||Jalpaiguri|
|Alipurduar||Coochbehar||Kalimpong||North and South Parganas|
JEXPO 2021 Result
The West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education, conducting authority of JEXPO exam will declare the results and publish the merit list/rank list on the official website. The result dates will be posted when the official authority notifies it.
How to download JEXPO Result?
Candidates can check the step by step procedure to check their JEXPO exam results.
- Visit the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Click on " JEXPO Exam Results" tab and it will redirect you to the results page
- Enter the application number and password of the candidate and click on "Find Results"
- The Merit list/ rank card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates can take the printout of the JEXPO exam results for further reference and counselling process.
Details present in the JEXPO 2021 Scorecard
The Scorecard of JEXPO contains the following details.
- Candidate’s Enrollment Number
- Index number
- Date of Birth
- Whether a candidate belongs to PwD category
- Whether Land Looser or Not
- Whether applied for Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme
- General Merit Rank
- Category-wise Merit rank
- Female General Rank (Only for Female candidates)
Read More: JEXPO Results 2021
JEXPO 2021 Cutoff
A set amout of marks are the minimum marks that the candidates must secure for qualifying the counselling process and secure admission in the colleges of their choice. The 'West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education' shall release the JEXPO Cut Off 2021 soon after the declaration of the results. Candidates can check the same at the official website. They can also refer to the cut off for the past few years.
Factors Affecting JEXPO Cut Off
JEXPO Cut Off depends on several factors such as:
- The number of candidates who appeared for the exam.
- The number of candidates who successfully qualified for the exam.
- Seat Availability
- The paper difficulty level.
- Previous years trends
JEXPO 2019 Cut Off
The candidates can check the complete chart of cut off on the official website, 'jexpo.webscte.co.in'. The JEXPO 2019 cut off for some of the participating colleges offering Mechanical Engineering Branch is given below for reference:
|ACHARYA JAGADISH CHANDRA BOSE POLYTECHNIC||13||6365||32203||12452||---||---||26720|
|ACHARYYA PRAFULLA CHANDRA ROY POLYTECHNIC||4||956||16627||2722||---||---||3781|
|ARAMBAGH GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC||15||12904||33762||19703||18208||12991||---|
|B.P.C. INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||9||8136||46258||11000||---||---||41361|
|BAGHMUNDI GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC||8||16611||32666||25399||21905||17506||---|
|BANKURA GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC||6||12957||35954||22532||---||---||---|
|BARUIPUR GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC||15||10871||45865||13890||---||---||---|
|BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||11||2684||28694||6080||---||---||35593|
|CENTRAL CALCUTTA POLYTECHNIC||8||4914||48319||10646||---||---||---|
|DIAMOND HARBOUR GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC||10||14802||45382||20262||16986||11218||---|
|DR. MEGHNAD SAHA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||4||6378||35978||15927||---||---||---|
JEXPO Cut Off 2018
The exam official of West Bengal Council of Technical Education released the JEXPO Cut Off 2018 at its official website and is tabulated below.
|Branch Name||Cut Off|
|Computer Science & Technology||1962|
|Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering||12015|
|Food Processing Technology||9405|
JEXPO 2021 Merit List
JEXPO 2021 Provisional Merit List for Diploma courses in Polytechnics of the State of West Bengal will be declared on the official website. The exam authority will prepare two separate merit lists one, Merit List for admission to 1st year of Diploma courses and the other Merit List for admission to the second year of Diploma courses through Lateral Entry Scheme.
Candidates who have submitted the marks of their qualifying examination and other details will be able to download their Provisional Rank Card by providing required information at the official Council's website. Candidates who have not submitted the marks of their qualifying examination will not be considered for the preparation of merit lists.
The online counselling for the admission will be made based on the Provisional merit list. As per the official notification, the authority has the right to cancel the admission process of those candidates who have submitted more marks instead what they had actually obtained without mentioning any reason further.
JEXPO 2021 Counselling
The counselling for the JEXPO exam will be conducted in the Online mode. But after this, if vacant seats are left then a special manual (offline) round will be conducted to fill those vacant seats. About 19,000 self-finance diploma seats will be offered to the candidates through the counselling process. But this does not include the management quota seats.
Remember the online counselling is open to the valid rank holders only. They have to register for the counselling and participate in the choice filling. Candidates can choose from the 565 choices that are given. The choice is a combination of the institute and branch.
So it is advised that the candidates pick as many choices as per their order of priority to maximize the chances of admission. The allotment of seats is based on the rank of the candidate and the choice filled by that person.
Documents Required for JEXPO 2021 Counselling Session
An eligible candidate is expected to bring the following documents to the venue for the JEXPO 2021 counselling process.
- A printout of the provisional allotment letter and money receipt.
- Admit card of madhyamik or equivalent examination as age proof. This will also help the authority to determine the district where the candidate has done schooling if he or she has adopted the district quota seat.
- The original mark sheet of madhyamik or an equivalent exam.
- JEXPO 2021 admit card.
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
Read More: JEXPO Counselling 2021
JEXPO 2021 Guidelines
Candidates appearing for JEXPO 2021 examination must strictly follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Candidates must enter the examination hall 30 minutes before the start of the JEXPO 2021 exam.
- Candidates must bring the printout copy of the downloaded JEXPO 2021 Admit card along with a Government ID proof such as Aadhar, Pan Card, Voter's ID, Driving License etc. Candidates without the ID proof will not be allowed to sit for the JEXPO 2021 exam.
- Since the exam is conducted offline, candidates must bring their own pen (Blue or Black). No other electronic gadgets are allowed inside the examination Hall.
- All the rough work should be done on the given JEXPO 2021 question paper. Candidates should not use the OMR sheet for rough work.
- In case of any violation in the above-mentioned guidelines, the exam authority shall cancel the candidature and cancel the admission.
JEXPO Preparation Tips
For better results, candidates must plan before the exam and have proper strategies. Here are some of the preparation tips that the candidates must follow for the preparation of JEXPO exam.
Understand the Syllabus
The first thing that the candidates should do before they start to prepare for the exam is to become familiar with all the subjects as per the syllabus. So, it is important to have an in-depth knowledge of the syllabus and study the concepts as well.
Refer to the Study Materials
Candidates can also refer to all the study materials they have. There are many books and study materials that are available online. Candidates must have a good knowledge of all the subjects of class 10 as the exam will be based on class 10 syllabus.
Practice more to reach the Targe
Perfect practice gives a perfect result. Candidates must not waste their time on a single question. Solve questions within the time specified and in this way they can manage time efficiently.
Candidates must keep a habit of preparing notes. This is because with the help of these notes they can prepare well for the exam.
Candidates must revise the topics at a regular time interval. They can do quick revision with the notes they have prepared for the topics that are important.
To crack the exam, candidates must have a positive attitude. Sometimes due to pressure candidates lose their confidence and even after so much preparation they could not secure many marks. So it is highly advisable for the candidates to develop a positive attitude. It will help the candidates to focus more on the exam.
Attempt Mock Test
It is suggested that the candidates should appear the mock test on a regular basis at least twice a week. This will help to analyse their mistakes and avoid repeating them anymore.
JEXPO Help Desk Details
Address: 4th Floor, Plot No. B-7, AA-III,
New Town Road, Opposite, Uniworld City, Newtown,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700160, India
Official Website: webscte.co.in
What is JEXPO 2021 Exam?
JEXPO stands for Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic West Bengal. It is conducted by West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (WB Polytechnic) generally in the months of April or May.
When is JEXPO 2021 Exam held?
The official dates are not announced yet. The JEXPO 2021 Exam will take place in the last week of April 2021.
Who is eligible for applying for JEXPO 2021?
The candidate must be an Indian Citizen, who have passed 10th class from a recognized board in West Bengal in order to be eligible to apply for JEXPO 2021 Exam.
What is the application fee of JEXPO 2021 if we need to apply online?
The online application fee of JEXPO 2021 is INR 450 for males and INR 225 for female candidates.