Understanding the pattern of an exam is essential in writing any examination. Likewise, candidates who plan to attempt CEED 2021 must have a preview of how the exam pattern will be set along with the scheme of marking. Candidates are to go through the detailed representation of the CEED exam pattern 2021 provided below.
The CEED 2021 exam consists of 2 parts and the number of marks is 100 for each which makes a total of 200 marks for the exa, including both Part A and Part B. The duration of the exam is 180 minutes or 3 hours. The 3 hours are divided into specific time intervals for each of the Parts. The time alloted to complete Part-A is 1 hour and Part-B is 2 hours. Candidates are to prepare accordingly. The time period for each part is set by the examination authority and is strictly followed as both the sections of the exam is conducted on the same day. Candidates must reach the exam centre well before the commencement of the examination.
It is to be noted that the number of questions is 200 total but the time allotted is only 180 minutes in the CEED exam. It means the candidate has less than 1 minute to solve each question. There is negative marking for incorrect answers only in Part A. Candidates must keep this in mind and take into consideration the amount of time they have to solve each question and write the answers that they are sure of.
CEED Exam Pattern 2021 Highlights
Before the exam, candidates should go through the CEED 2021 exam pattern to get a clear view of the question paper. By understanding the pattern candidates can assess their gameplan for the exam. Candidates by now are aware of the fact that there will two sections of the exam that will be conducted on the same day. However, the two parts are completed different from eachother. Extensive discussion on the same is given down below. The CEED 2021 Exam Pattern for both Part A and Part B as per CEED 2021 Syllabus are as follows,
- CEED 2021 Exam will be conducted in two parts — Part A and Part B. All candidates must answer both the parts.
- Part A is a computer-based screening test. CEED 2021 Part A exam pattern is set to evaluate environmental and social awareness, visualization and spatial ability, language and creativity, analytical and logical reasoning, observation and design sensitivity. Part A contains objective type questions which includes Numerical answer type questions (NAT), Multiple select questions (MSQ) and Multiple-choice questions (MCQ). This system of questioning is set by the Board and only those candidates who are shortlisted in Part A will qualify for the evaluation of Part B.
- Part B on the other hand will be in the Pen and Paper mode. Candidates are to make note of the shift in examination mode after Part A to Part B. This is to evaluate design, drawing, writing skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills of the candidate.
- Final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weight to marks obtained in Part A marks and 75% weight to scores obtained in Part B. So once the candidate scores the qualifying marks in Part A, they can write Part B after which the above mentioned scheme will be followed to assess the final CEED 2021 score.
- Mode: CEED 2021 consists of two modes, Part A will be the Computer-based Test and Part B will be Pen & Paper-based Test. CEED will be conducted on Jan 17, 2021 and candidates must bring Admit Card to the CEED 2021 Exam Centre without which they will not be allowed to enter the hall or attempt any section of the examination.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be of three hours in total. Part will amount to 1 hour of the total duration where as Part B will amount to 2 hours of the total duration of the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Part A will be of 100 Marks & Part B will also be of 100 marks making it a total of 200 marks. Candidates must know that there is negative marking in the CEED 2021 Exam but is only applicable in the evaluation of Part A. Part B does not have negative marking.
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern For Part A
Part A which comprises of 3 sections in which MCQ/ MSQ and NAT based questions will be asked. The candidates can check the CEED model question paper in order to understand the pattern. The section carries a total of 100 marks and there will be no breaks during the given time of 1 hour.
To complete Part A, candidates are given 1 hour on the date of the exam, Part A will be conducted through online mode i.e. Computer-based Test. To dissect Part A, candidates must make note of the 3 different types of question set that will occur on the CEED 2021 exam question paper which includes Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) which contains 10 questions with multiple answers to one question where candidates have an option to choose one or more answers for the same question, In the Numerical Answer Type (NAT) section, candidates should attempt questions and mark answers only by using a virtual keyboard on the monitor as there are no choices for the numerical answer type questions. Coming to MCQ or Multiple Choice Questions, candidates should choose only one option for these types of questions.
|Section||No. of Ques.||Ques. No.||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||8||1 — 8||3||0||0||24|
|MSQ||10||9 — 18||3||− 0.2||0||30|
|MCQ||23||19 — 41||2||− 0.5||0||46|
|Total||41||1 — 41||-||-||-||100|
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern For Part B
Only those candidates who have qualified in the Part A of CEED 2021 exam will be qualified to attend the Part B Paper and Answer book as Part B will be evaluated manually for the candidates. Part B CEED 2021 exam pattern consists of questions that are aimed to check the design, drawing, & writing skills of the candidate. Part B is evaluated for 100 marks as well but will be conducted through the pen and paper mode. This part will be conducted for a total duration of 2 hours. There will be a total of five questions asked in the entire Part B section of the CEED 2021 examination which includes one question from the five topics based on the syllabus. There is no negative marking in Part B. Candidates can find the breakdown of the Part B section below:
|Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Question Type||Drawing Based Questions|
|No of Questions||5|
|Section||Sketching, Creativity, Form Sensitivity, Visual Sensitivity, & Problem Identification|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
Marks Distribution for Part B:
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Total Marks|
|Total||5||1 — 5||100|
CEED 2021 Important Instructions
Candidates are to make note of every instruction given on the official website as well as on the CEED 2021 Admit Card. Candidates must be present with all the supporting documents and admit card that is required to be able to enter the examination centre. Following are the important factors that a candidate must adhere to, in order to attend CEED 2021,
- Applicants must arrive at the exam centre 2 hours before the commencement of CEED 2021
- Candidates must check the Notice Board of the given examination centre to find their seating arrangement using their registration number.
- No candidate is allowed without the CEED 2021 Admit Card and a photo proof which is needed for verification. Candidates must provide their biometrics at the exam centre in order to enter the exam hall.
- Blank paper sheets will be given for rough work for Part A. However, it is mandatory to provide the rough sheets to the invigilator post the exam.
- Charts, graph sheets, tables, calculators, cellular phones and other electronic gadgets are not permitted inside the examination hall.
- In Part B, color pencils, crayons, sketch pens, etc. can be used unless there are any specifications regarding the same in the exam.
- Students must come prepared with all the stationery tools that is required for the exam and is approved by the exam authority.
- Questions for both Parts A and B will be provided online. Answers for Part A must be given online where as, answers for Part B must be given in the answer book-let that will be provided at the exam hall.