UCEED exam pattern 2023 is administered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, and incorporates all of the admission exam's characteristics. Therefore, aspiring students should review UCEED question paper pattern carefully so that they can prepare for the entrance exam appropriately.
The exam conducting authority determines UCEED exam pattern 2023 and the candidates must carefully go through the paper pattern before starting the preparation for UCEED exam. Complete knowledge of the paper pattern will help the candidates to structure their study plan in a better and more efficient way. Read along to get complete details of UCEED paper pattern 2023 and other relevant information.
|UCEED Application form 2023||UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2023|
Latest Updates on UCEED
- Jan 30, 2023: UCEED 2023 final answer key for part A will be published on Jan 30, 2023. Read More
Table of Contents
- UCEED Exam Pattern 2023: What are the New Changes?
- UCEED Exam Pattern 2023 - Structure of the Question Paper
- UCEED Exam Pattern 2023 Highlights
- UCEED 2023 Mark Distribution
UCEED Exam Pattern 2023: What are the New Changes?
The grading scheme for UCEED Part A - Multiple Select Question (MSQ) is anticipated to be the same, according to the UCEED test pattern from the previous year that IIT Bombay revealed. Additionally, the number of questions in the MSQ will remain the same.
Modifications to the UCEED Marking System
- If all appropriate answers are selected for each question, +4 marks will be given.
- Only if three of the four correct options are selected and no incorrect response is selected, will an additional three marks be awarded.
- If three or more choices are accurate, but only two are picked, and none of the incorrect choices are made, you will receive an extra two points.
- A point will be added if only one option is selected out of two or more valid options and none of the incorrect options are selected.
- Give the unattempted question a score of 0 (Zero).
- -1 for incorrect responses.
UCEED Exam Pattern 2023 - Structure of the Question Paper
The following are some of the main characteristics of the UCEED 2023 test:
- UCEED exam 2023 will have one question paper of three hours duration.
- UCEED question paper will be set in English
- UCEED question paper will have two parts - Part A and Part B. Both parts are mandatory.
- The total marks for UCEED exam (Part A + Part B) will be 300 marks.
UCEED Exam Pattern 2023 Highlights
According to UCEED paper pattern 2023, the question paper will carry a total of 300 marks which will be divided into two parts, i.e. Part A and Part B. All the questions are compulsory to attend. Pay attention to UCEED negative marking. Refer to the table below to get complete details of UCEED exam pattern 2023
|Mode of the exam||Online (Computer Based Test), Numerical Answer Type(NAT), Drawing Test|
|UCEED Total marks||300 marks|
|Divisions||Part A (Section 1, 2, & 3), & Part B|
|Duration||Part A- 2 hours & 30 mins, Part B- 30 mins|
UCEED Marking Scheme 2023 (Part A)
As per UCEED exam pattern, Part A of the question paper will consist of 3 parts for a total of 240 marks and will follow the UCEED marks distribution listed below.
|Section||Type of Questions||Marking Scheme|
|Section 1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)- 18 Questions||
|Section 2||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)- 18 Questions||
|Section 3||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)- 32 Questions||
UCEED 2023 Marking Scheme (Part B)
Part B consists of 1 question to test drawing skills that will require subjective evaluation. The question in Part- B will be displayed on the computer screen, and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator.
- The candidate will be given 30 mins to complete Part B questions and a booklet will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Candidates can not skip Part B questions, it is mandatory to complete both parts of UCEED exam.
UCEED 2023 Mark Distribution
According to UCEED 2023 exam pattern, the marks distribution has been listed in the table below.
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Total Marks|
|Part-A (240 marks, 2 hours 30 mins)|
|Part-B (60 marks, 30 mins)|
|TOTAL (Part-A and Part-B combined): 300 MARKS|
UCEED Part B - Key Pointers
The candidate needs to note the following points about the sketching (or Part B) test:
- There will only be one question in Part B.
- The answer must be written in or drawn in the answer book that the examiner will supply, even though the question will be displayed on the computer screen.
- The candidate's drawing abilities will be assessed in Part B of the test.
- Part B must be completed in addition to Part A. This implies that the candidate's results won't be disclosed if they don't take Part B.
- It should be noted that Part B cannot be helped by PwD candidates who are utilizing a scribe. It's because the inquiry aims to gauge the candidate's sketching abilities.
- After the UCEED test, the candidate will submit the Part B answer booklets.